The Know-It-All Bard

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
"Did you know that Purple Dragons like time-pieces?", is something Zaniel would say. He is a Shardmind Bard who was created with the hope of being a sturdy, know-it-all healer and loremaster. He is a Scholor in theme and as an occupation. Though he is only a level 4, he is quite capable of serving as one hell of a doctor and intellectual, taking 3 multiclass feats as his first 3 to expand his healing ability. But as he levels, it seems his healing ability will not scale as well as it has so far (or so I think).

What I need are some good feats, perhaps items, that will improve my ability to heal or raise my skill scores, ritual skills especially, while remaining sturdy and able to take a hit or two. Being a loremaster is the most important role (especially for my current campaign), then healing, then high survivability. I'm having a bit of trouble maintaining the balance of these aspects at higher levels. Broken combos welcome.

In addition to that, there is one other concern about this build. The multiclass feats I took grant me healing word, inspiring word, and ardent surge and say I can use them as dailies. I'm not 100% sure on this as the Character Builder lists each as being able to be used twice a day (until I increase my level). Does that mean I can use them the number of times the power states, but only recharge during an extended rest, or is it once per day, period?

Zaniel, the Know-It-All

Level: 4
HP: 37
Surges: 7 (9 HP)
Str - 13
Con - 10
Dex - 9
Int - 16
Wis - 14
Cha - 19

Feats: Ritual Caster,  Fervent Talent, Initiate of the Faith, Student of Battle
Feats I plan to take: Bardic Knowledge, various multiclass feats that grant trained skills (only non-physical except maybe stealth, endurance, or thievery), supreme majesty, multiclass mastery, Heat adaptation (because my current campaign is fire/devil based), Healing Spirit.

Trained Skill Scores (so far):
Arcana +14
Bluff +11
Diplomacy +11
Heal +9
Insight +11
Perception +9
Religion +10
Streetwise +11
You might want to look into Bard of All Trades, giving you a bonus +3 on non-trained skills.  With the normal bard +1, you end up being pretty damned good at everything.  I had a build like this once called Oren the Polymath, who was a hybrid Bard/Wizard and attempted to mimic the Red Mage archetype.  Kind of hard to pull off, but probably would have been tons of fun had it seen play.
Sign In to post comments