Again with the Primal Surge!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Primal Surge -- 8GG -- Sorcery: Exile the top card of your library. If its a permanent card, you may put it onto the battlefield. If you do, repeat this process.

Blood Artist -- 1B -- Creature - Vampire (0/1) -- Whenever Blood Artist or another creature dies, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.

Falkenrath Noble
Heartless Summoning
Phyrexian Metamorph

I understand that abilities/triggers of cards being put into play as a result of Primal Surge won't go on the stack until Primal Surge ends.  What if there's already a Heartless Summoning out (or even two!) on my side when I play Primal Surge and proceed to drop a slew of Falkenrath Nobles and Blood Artists?  Will they live until Primal Surge fully resolves, at which point SBAs will reveal that both types of creatures have toughness of less than 1 and place them in the graveyard, triggering however many of them all off at once? 

That is to say, if I have two Heartless Summonings in play, Primal Surge for 4x Falkenrath Nobles, 4x Blood Arists, and 2x Phyrexian Metamorphs (entering play as Blood Artists assuming this is right), does my opponent lose 100 life and I gain 100 life, barring no other creatures on board being affected?
those creatures will survive for a bit with 0 or even negative toughness
once Primal Surge is done they will all die at the same time and see each other and trigger accordingly
proud member of the 2011 community team
Yes, 100 life is correct. Remember that your metamorphs will need to enter the battlefield after either a blood artist or metamorph enters or they won't have anything to copy.

The creatures don't die until state-based actions are checked, after the surge is done resolving. 
All Generalizations are Bad
Sign In to post comments