Humility and equipment/enchantments.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
How does Humility work in regards to the bonuses and abilities granted by enchantments and equipment. For example if I have humility in play and equip my 1/1 soldier with an equipment that grants +1/+1 and first strike. Does it make a difference if the equipment was equiped before humility came into play? And what about enchantments?
No, it doesn't make a difference. Humility sets power/toughness and so applies in layer 7b. Effects that modify power and toughness such as equipment and enchantments are applied in layer 7c. So those effects are always applied AFTER Humility, regardless of what order the cards were played.

(What I said only applies to P/T; I neglected the ability part of Humility.) 
Rules Advisor - 10/24/2010
For abilities, it works in timestamp order. Auras and equipment get a new timestamp whenever they attach to a new creature. If you attach the aura or equipment to the creature after the humility enters the battlefield, the creature will have the granted ability.

For power and toughness, humility sets the power and toughness, which always happens before any power/toughness modifying abilities that are typical of auras and equipment. If the aura sets the power and toughness, like Gigantiform, you're looking at timestamp order again.
All Generalizations are Bad
How does Humility work in regards to the bonuses and abilities granted by enchantments and equipment. For example if I have humility in play and equip my 1/1 soldier with an equipment that grants +1/+1 and first strike. Does it make a difference if the equipment was equiped before humility came into play? And what about enchantments?

The layer system is very complicated and that's why I keep the Comprehensive rules on my phone.  I suggest you read the FAQ about layers and then read the Comp rules. 

FAQ
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

The page starts off talking about Combat, but Layers starts about halfway down the thread