sanguine bond deck

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
as the title says I'm wanting to build a life deck using sanguine bond as the primary finisher. I've never built a deck quite like this before and would like to hear people's suggestions.

here are some cards I've collected to use in the deck.

I was planning to add some basilisk collars for the ghouls to get double lifegain.

anyone got some ideas I can use?
Exquisite Blood from the new set Avacyn Restored, MWAHAHA!!
Exquisite Blood from the new set Avacyn Restored, MWAHAHA!!

yah auto-win. essence harvest is good too........
With so much lifegain Sign in Blood might be a good addtion, to me 2 cards is worth the 2 life.
1 card* since it costs a card to play...which is a much harder choice than 2 cards for 2 life
while I could essentially ignore the life loss, the gives me pause. I'm still not sure how much white is going to be in the end deck.
on the other hand, proper burial could turn altar's reap into a nasty card.
I personally would drop :W: entirely.

- 3 NeedleBite Trap
- 1 Syphon Life
+ 4 Corrupt

- 1 Boon Reflection
- 3 Condemn
+ 4 Go For The Throat

- 2 Solemn Offering
- 2 Blade Of The BloodChief
+ 4 Vault Skirge

- 2 Tainted Sigil 
- 1 Sorin, Lord Of Innistrad 
+ 3 Diabolic Tutor

- 1 Voracious Hatchling
+ 1 Exsanguinate 

Since you are now running a playset of both Exsanguinate  and Corrupt I would be looking at running something in the neighbourhood of 25 lands (all Swamps).

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

If you focus your deck more on the white side (aside from hybrids, the bonds and maybe some acceleration like Dark Ritual or Culling the Weak) you could get lots of life with a Martyr of Sands (maybe in a Soul Sisters shell).

If you face lots of creature based decks you could go the defender route with Perimeter Captain and Wall of Blood -> Tainted Sigil/Children of Korlis. The defenders should net you enough time vs. aggro to get your combo together.

another option is to combine the sigil and/or the children with some of the many black pay life cards (like the already mentioned Wall of Blood).

Whatever route you go, since you are in black, don't forget transmute cards as copies 5+ of your key pieces.

~DocGrog
I had considered some of the life defenders, and I think souls of the faultless may end up in the deck now.
if the double black on sign in blood is causing u to pause then night's whisper might replace it, however u lose the ability to say "and i'll sign in blood u for the win"

Whatever route you go, since you are in black, don't forget transmute cards as copies 5+ of your key pieces.

~DocGrog

Can someone elaborate on what he said, I've been trying to figure out how to build a deck and not just vaguely pushing cards I liked together to make a deck. It sounded like a suggestion for how to run a multi-color deck smoothly.

~DocGrog

Can someone elaborate on what he said, I've been trying to figure out how to build a deck and not just vaguely pushing cards I liked together to make a deck. It sounded like a suggestion for how to run a multi-color deck smoothly.

I was referring to the transmute mechanic which exists on some blue and/or black cards. Those cards can be discarded for their transmute cost and tutor up a card with the same cmc.

So in a Sanguine Bond deck i would maybe run 1-2 Brainspoil, so I effectively run 5-6 Bonds.
Noted. Never noticed this mechanic before, it's alot more powerful then the Cycling mechanic I've read up on, in the Gatherer librarySurprised
It is a really nice and mostly cheap (moneywise) way to tutor up key cards.
But cycling is also great, especially the more specific cyclings like Slivercycling, Wizardcycling and the different landyclings. Or Cyclings with effects added on as on Krosan Tusker or Decree of Justice (see "when you cycle.....")

But enough offtopic for now.
The standard black tutor is only one more mana though. I only use transmute when there is a good chance I may want to play the base card.

In this case paying 5 for removal is just to much. I would rather just use something like diabolic intent with reassembling skeleton or an outright tutor like diabolic tutor. (Note the two good ones are really not that expensive but do get raised eyebrows vampiric tutor and demonic tutor. If you know you are searching for enchantments then enlightened tutor is also good in white)

I tend to like persist and undying creatures so if I was going to make such a combo deck for real it would use them. Finks gains you life, the redcap takes it, and you can play both in a black/white deck. I would try something like this I think,

4 reassembling skeleton
4 kitchen finks
4 murderous redcap
1 Mikaeus, the Unhallowed

1 enlightened tutor
4 undying evil
4 power conduit
4 coalition relic
3 blasting station
2 sanguine bond
2 Exquisite Blood
1 ashnod's altar
1 demonic tutor
1 vampiric tutor
1 recurring nightmare

4 Dromar's Cavern
4 scrubland
4 godless shrine
4 isolated chapel
4 Orzhov Basilica
1 phyrexian tower
1 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
1 Orzhova, the Church of Deals
1 vault of the archangels

sideboard
4 swords to plowshares
4 consuming vapors
4 dark ritual
3 Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
wouldn't you want something like proper burial in a life deck based on killing your own critters? not that what you posted was bad by any means, but it seems like a really good way to lay on the damage.
I just built a B/W Drain life deck with Sanguine Bond as the big finisher. It's brutal and I wish I had more than 1 Basilisk Collar also. Here's what my deck looks like:

4 Sanguine Bond
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Soul Warden
4 Ajani's Pridemate
3 Baneslayer Angel
4 Congregate
4 Soothing Balm
4 Diabolic Tutor
4 Dark Ritual
3 Angel's Feather
3 Demon's Horn
1 Cradle of Vitality
1 Basilisk Collar
1 Ajani Goldmane

The nice thing about Sanguine Bond is that it turns any spell that gains life into direct damage. Last night, I ended up doing 18 damage with one Congregate.

Sign In to post comments