04/25/2012 LI: "Gearing up for Avacyn Restored"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Limited Information, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
At the end of the article it was suggested that you could use Ghostly Flicker to remove one of your creatures that were targeted with a removal spell as well as another creature with a good ETB ability.  I have been wondering for some time whether an instant flicker ability would save a creature from a removal spell. I thought it went like this: "Creature A gets targeted by Doom Blade (Doom Blade goes on the stack). In response, Creature A gets targeted with Ghostly Flicker (Ghostly Flicker goes on the stack above Doom Blade). Ghostly Flicker resolves and the targets are exiled and then return to the battlefield before Doom Blade resolves. Doom Blade then checks to see if its target is still legal and then resolves or is countered.

If Creature A is still on the battlefield, isn't it still a legal target for the Doom Blade?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this, but I just thought that I would ask here since it was implied in the article. I thought someone might be able to help me.   
At the end of the article it was suggested that you could use Ghostly Flicker to remove one of your creatures that were targeted with a removal spell as well as another creature with a good ETB ability.  I have been wondering for some time whether an instant flicker ability would save a creature from a removal spell. I thought it went like this: "Creature A gets targeted by Doom Blade (Doom Blade goes on the stack). In response, Creature A gets targeted with Ghostly Flicker (Ghostly Flicker goes on the stack above Doom Blade). Ghostly Flicker resolves and the targets are exiled and then return to the battlefield before Doom Blade resolves. Doom Blade then checks to see if its target is still legal and then resolves or is countered.

If Creature A is still on the battlefield, isn't it still a legal target for the Doom Blade?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this, but I just thought that I would ask here since it was implied in the article. I thought someone might be able to help me.   

When a flicker spell resolves, the permanent that is removed becomes a new permanent.  Any spells that were targeting it don't see their original target anymore and fizzle.  Creatures also become summoning sick again.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
I would love play Flowering Lumberknot followed up and paired with a Wolffir Silverheart. True it's risky but that's a solid team. An 8/8 is very difficult to answer in limited. And a 9/9 is just gross. Wolffir Avenger is a solid soulbond for Silverheart. 7/7 with regen? Yes Please!
This guy is nuts. i got two coppies of lumberknot and played them both. never had an issue keeping it paired. i almost went undefeated, the only game i lost was one where i never drew it. 
Sign In to post comments