Best of Mythgard — Cantrip Cycle Update

55 posts / 0 new
Last post
Breaking News!

Sudden patch on The Chronicle of Mythgard rare cantrip cycle has been applied. The reason for this was, the lack of uniqueness amongst the cycle's operating functions was hindering the potential of the cantrip keyword. The new designs work only when cantriped to bring out the potential and utilitzation of Cantrip within the set and block to a fuller range. Most of these designs have been given brand new art and/or new operating functions to promote a sense of uniqueness and provide appeal.

White Before



Blue Before

 

Black Before

 

Red Before

 

Green Before

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Cantrip has yet to be anything besides kicker. Also, there's no point in time where you would ever not cantrip these cards, so they'd all automatically be . Unless of course you reeeally feel like pushing the " is payed earlier!" side.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
So what do you do with these cards if you are not cantriping them?  I feel these need something like "EFFECT -->if Cantripped, better EFFECT."

Also, I'm building a Mesa Enchantress deck with these if all it takes to drop them on the board is .

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Cantrip was developed based on Trap Cards from Yu-Gi-Oh! This was long before Zendikar's traps, and I do feel those aren't a bad implementation of a trap's operating function to Magic. Being that they're sitting ducks on the board while you're tapped out of mana; the interactivity and uniqueness of being enchantments; there is a lot of difference between cantrip and kicker. There are also plenty of reasons why someone might cast them from their hand instead. Cantrip and casting from the hand each have their own strengths and weaknesses. If it's best to cantrip or cast from the hand changes based on the situation you're in from game to game. Lastly, I don't want to adopt the bad habit of relating every additional or bonus effect to kicker as some people do. Kicker is its own ability and irrelevant to all other abilities and mechanics without the same name (similarities or not).

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

There are also plenty of reasons why someone might cast them from their hand instead.

As written, your cards currently do nothing upon resolution unless you cantip them.  As in:

Player one: "I cast this instant!"
Player two: "So it does nothing then?"
Player one: "What?"
Player two: "It says right there on the card 'If you cantrip this, do x.'  You cast the spell, not cantripped it....so it does nothing."
Player one: "Well....crap."

So if you could shed some light on this for me that would be awesome....

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

This doesn't solve the main problem with your mechanic, which is that it inherently does nothing except let you pay 1 mana in advance for your spell.

Yes, it could possibly be vulnerable to enchantment removal, but obviously that's not a selling point to your potential players. Players will ask, "why would I want to use this?" Forcing them to use it is not the answer.

Morph creatures work because they can attack and block as 2/2s, waiting for the right time to turn face up and spring the trap. However, you can already surprise people with instants from your hand. These cantrips are basically just instants that you telegraph.
What would be cool is if these things were morphable instants.  As in...instants....but with morph.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

based on Trap Cards from Yu-Gi-Oh!


What would ever make this a good idea?
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
I guess the only remotely good thing about them is they essentially say 1: you're maximum hand size is increased by one as long as this card is in your hand.

Which is not really that ig of an upside, considering I can get better for  
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.
The cantrip ability has a lot of purposes. For one, it enables some interactivity during the first few turns of the game. It also enables sorceries to be cast at instant speed. The element of suprise is another purpose. The mystery behind that face down card; given that I've provided a range of them in each color throughout the block, even a person who knows them can't be sure which cantrip spell their opponent has laying in wait for them.

The cantrip ability was designed to break away from morph, whose activation cost was too high. Cantrip's activation cost being only one mana helps thing to run very smoothly. Opposed to the Morph ability, in which most cases, there was almost always something better you could cast for three mana than a 2/2 creature that does nothing.

These spells are supposed to do nothing unless you cantrip them. I've already explained that in the opening statement. The original versions were supposed to do nothing unless you cantrip them as well, but I thought it would be a good idea if there was incentive (in the form of some bonus) if you cantrip them and tried it that way first (you can check the links to see those versions). I've recently decided that wasn't a good idea because I've provided enough bonus effect cantrip spells throughout the rest of the block and what I need here is originality and diversity.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

The cantrip ability has a lot of purposes. For one, it enables some interactivity during the first few turns of the game. It also enables sorceries to be cast at instant speed. The element of suprise is another purpose. The mystery behind that face down card; given that I've provided a range of them in each color throughout the block, even a person who knows them can't be sure which cantrip spell their opponent has laying in wait for them.

The cantrip ability was designed to break away from morph, whose activation cost was too high. Cantrip's activation cost being only one mana helps thing to run very smoothly. Opposed to the Morph ability, in which most cases, there was almost always something better you could cast for three mana than a 2/2 creature that does nothing.

These spells are supposed to do nothing unless you cantrip them. I've already explained that in the opening statement. The original versions were supposed to do nothing unless you cantrip them as well, but I thought it would be a good idea if there was incentive (in the form of some bonus) if you cantrip them and tried it that way first (you can check the links to see those versions). I've recently decided that wasn't a good idea because I've provided enough bonus effect cantrip spells throughout the rest of the block and what I need here is originality and diversity.


So, if I'm reading this correctly...

It encourages a bad curve.
It turns sorceries to instants.
A face down card in play that can only be a sorcery is more mysterious than a card in your hand.
A 2/2 for is too expensive.
Nothing for is efficient.
These spells have a forced kicker.

Is this more or less correct?
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
The lower the curve the better.

Instants to sorceries isn't a bad thing (it opens up interactivity and creates diversity). You didn't directly state that it was a bad thing, however your statement is in a negative context, fyi.

Face down cards provide some suspense to the mystery. You know something is comming, but you aren't sure what it is.

The one mana you pay to cantrip isn't for nothing. It can be used as a counter-weight in measure against hand disruption. It's also a factor taken into consideration to the fact of instant-speed casting is enabled. The fact that it interacts with enchantment based abilities is simply a mentionable bonus.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

So... that's a yes?

p.s. If this is the best of Mythgard, I hesitate to wonder what the worst is.

lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
p.s. If this is the best of Mythgard, I hesitate to wonder what the worst is.

It's all the same.
I'm failing to see the point of this. Morph is fun and unique, this is just useless. Also you should probably think of another name for this mechanic, cantrip is well established slang for a card that draws another card, this does nothing of the like.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

I'm still of the opinion that you'd get more mileage out of the "mystery" machine if you just made these things instants with morph.  I won't at all be compelled by the mystery of which four (assuming one for each rarity) white cantrips that my opponent is going to flip with his white mana in a mono white deck (and with a catrip cost of I can bet on that one in a mono-white deck.

What would be cooler to see is a spell that could take refuge in a construct shell and break out when the time is right.  If I didn't know if there was a morph creature or a combat trick under that 2/2 creature, that'd be mysterious.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

I've already taken into consideration all the elements associated with Morph vs. Cantrip. I've come to conclude there is no benefit to using the "Morph" ability. I've developed the Cantrip ability to cut out the shortcommings of Morph to best suit spells and the game overall.

I would prefer to know if anyone would like to comment on what the designs actually do, rather than discuss Cantrip, which I've discussed multiple times, answering the same questions and making the same counter-arguments.

If you are not pleased with my designs, my development, or all of the above, please forgive me.

 

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

We're displeased with your attitude, Champion, like we've been saying in thread after thread after thread. You blow off any critique whatsoever, no matter how legitimate or well-reasoned and strut about the place like you've got some God-given knowledge of how to create The Perfect Game. Of course we're annoyed. Can you imagine, just for a moment, if I did that to you? Just stalked you around all day and lectured you about, say, dining etiquette, except everything I said was either factually incorrect or said in such a condescending tone that the only possible explanation was deliberate malice? That's what it's like reading your posts about Cantrip in this thread.
I've already taken into consideration all the elements associated with Morph vs. Cantrip. I've come to conclude there is no benefit to using the "Morph" ability. I've developed the Cantrip ability to cut out the shortcommings of Morph to best suit spells and the game overall.


Morph: 2/2 for
Cantrip: Absolutely nothing for

Its effect may come at a lower cost, but its still quite literally infinitely more worthless than Morph.

I would prefer to know if anyone would like to comment on what the designs actually do, rather than discuss Cantrip, which I've discussed multiple times, answering the same questions and making the same counter-arguments.


I have chosen not to comment on your card designs because, Cantrip aside, they are mediocre. I thought I made this very clear when I mocked the "best" of Mythgard.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
It doesn't make up for the shortcomings of morph nor make it work for instants and sorceries.
They literally do nothing until flipped, morph at least gives you a 2/2 to work with.
They cannot be cast normally, or they CAN be, but they will literally do nothing unless you use the cantrip mechanic, making it pointless to even give them a manacost. It should be more like morph, with seperate morph and mana costs.
If not for the forced use of your mechanic, there is next to no incentive to use it. The only thing I can think of right now is for hellbent decks to empty their hand or in response to something like Duress.
Seriously, change the name, you may as well be calling it mill.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

I would prefer to know if anyone would like to comment on what the designs actually do, rather than discuss Cantrip, which I've discussed multiple times, answering the same questions and making the same counter-arguments.

What I'm trying to point out, possibly unclearly as you keep missing my point, is that your design does nothing except clutter the battlefield with placeholders.  At least with other face-down mechanics like morph, there is still interaction.  What this design accomplishes is making spells that you cannot normally cast unless you open them up to varying degrees of white and green hand removal in a very roundabout way with single target and mass enchantment removal that you may somehow avoid if you have mana open.

I dislike cards that do nothing if I just pay mana for them and cast them.  It doesn't make sense.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Whenever I voice my opinion, you disregard it because you are unwilling to change anything. If I provide any sort of proof, you just start avoiding the topic and let the thread die.

But yet you want opinions on the cards?
You make me sad.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Cantrip is cast as an enchantment, it's a sorcery speed activated ability. Although it's an enchantment with no abilities, it's only one mana and is intended to be cast face-down to give you something when you would normally have nothing.

For example, it's turn two, you play a land and can't do anything else. You cast your "Ascend Heaven" face-down for one mana. Normally, you'd be able to do nothing with that turn; do you see what I mean? It's meant to cater to the common situation of having spare mana around to burn, setting up for something special later on.

If it was morph, you would have to wait until turn three, and now you have three mana and must choose between an important creature (blocker), an important spell (counter/removal), or morph a card from your hand face-down that will be worthless as a 2/2 creature you can't afford to lose (and not powerful enough to defend you). Morph might have had a few designs that made it worthwile, but the cost of three mana for a 2/2 vanilla is usually crippling in a fast paced game.

Jessica_Morgan I'm very sorry you feel that way. Please understand that I don't just do whatever someone suggests if I find it to be bad advice in any sense. I do my best to explain respectfully, in detail, the reason why I will not implement a suggestion made by another member.


So what I want to ask is if anyone finds the new abilities interesting at all?

How about Enginner Reality in particular, because that one is the most unique one in my opinion. Moving things from zone to zone in such an open source way, oh.. my.. the potential there.

How about Ignite? It lets you burn off any number of sources as long as you can take the burn with them. This is a red mage's dream burn spell, or is it their worst nightmare? After all, most red mages like to dish it out, but are sissy's when it comes to taking it.

Miracle Morning finally makes the classic Early Harvest concept more than a simple mana ramp in a pretty package, giving you some cards right when you would need them most. If you really want to make it sweet, it goes great with green tutors which are synonymous for putting the cards you want on the top of your library instead of in your hand. Did I mention mana amps?  

Anyone think that Nightmare Prophecy is insane? Who gives their opponent the chance to fetch not one, but three of their best spells? Of course, the method to this madness goes hand in hand with the dark ways of black. 

Or maybe the last in line, Ascend Heaven? It's going to be awhile before a single creature can get around that giant angel guarding you. A couple buffs is all it takes to make it near impossible. It might protect you, but it will never do your dirty work. You'll need to find another person for that. 

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Cantrip is cast as an enchantment, it's a sorcery speed activated ability. Although it's an enchantment with no abilities, it's only one mana and is intended to be cast face-down to give you something when you would normally have nothing.
For example, it's turn two, you play a land and can't do anything else. You cast your "Ascend Heaven" face-down for one mana. Normally, you'd be able to do nothing with that turn; do you see what I mean? It's meant to cater to the common situation of having spare mana around to burn, setting up for something special later on.

Two quick things and then I'll get to your cards abilities:

1.)  Not casting a spell is not the same as doing nothing.  Open mana and cards in hand is far more mysterious than a blank card on the battlefield that I know can't bother me on my turn (you did say they moved as sorcery speed).
2.)  By playing this card face down you are telegraphing your hand.  You used precious mana to put down a place holder that I, as a player know you probably can't cast in the next few turns because I've looked at the set spoiler and know the relative casting costs of cantrip cards in your colors.  You've given me information that I can now play around to harm you.

Anyway, the cards themselves:

Ascend Heaven - Since your cantrips do their thing at sorcery speed, this card is rather pointless since you are making your creature a defender on your turn and not as a combat trick.  Granted, it's permenant, but it's a white flier that can't attack and there are a million and a half ways to get around that.

Engineer Reality - This would be infinitely cooler if it could move a spell on the stack to another zone (working effectively as a counterspell), but since it moves at sorcery speed again, it's missing out on a cool thing it could do and at the same time pissing off MaRo for grabbing things from the Exile zone and potentially playing them for free......or putting them into play for free.....I'm not sure how that works for spells that aren't permenants.

Nightmare Prophecy - I don;t really like this card.  Any three cards you want for and no real drawback seems like a finisher to me, even if it tries to be sporting and lets your opponent try and guess up some answers of they are lucky.

Ignite - Either make this hit all things or make it target a single thing and then like Cleansing Beam]Radiance or some Wave effect.  Don't make it sound like you can do any or all of the above.  Also it too is under cost.

Miracle Morning - This doesn't seem so bad except for being a cog in some serious combo potential the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Urza Block and Combo Winter.  I like where this is going but it should be properly cost some how.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

For example, it's turn two, you play a land and can't do anything else. You cast your "Ascend Heaven" face-down for one mana. Normally, you'd be able to do nothing with that turn; do you see what I mean? It's meant to cater to the common situation of having spare mana around to burn, setting up for something special later on.


If it's turn two in constructed and you have nothing better to do with that two mana, you're ****ed.

Every single non-constructedbytwelveyearoldme deck that I have ever constructed with even the most minute amount of legitimacy has had something to do on turn two. Something better than a 1cc-Disenchant-Me-Now pseudo-instant.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Something better than a 1cc-Disenchant-Me-Now pseudo-instant.

It's worse than we previously thought.  They are pseudo sorceries.

Cantrip is cast as an enchantment, it's a sorcery speed activated ability.



@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

You are a good troll, one of the best.
Something better than a 1cc-Disenchant-Me-Now pseudo-instant.

It's worse than we previously thought.  They are pseudo sorceries.

Cantrip is cast as an enchantment, it's a sorcery speed activated ability.



DEAR GOD
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
He's saying that they're placed face down at sorcery speed and turned face up at whatever speed the spell is.

EDIT: Or can they always be turned face up at instant speed?
They're placed face-down at sorcery speed and can then be cast at any time.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

We're displeased with your attitude, Champion, like we've been saying in thread after thread after thread. You blow off any critique whatsoever, no matter how legitimate or well-reasoned and strut about the place like you've got some God-given knowledge of how to create The Perfect Game. Of course we're annoyed. Can you imagine, just for a moment, if I did that to you? Just stalked you around all day and lectured you about, say, dining etiquette, except everything I said was either factually incorrect or said in such a condescending tone that the only possible explanation was deliberate malice? That's what it's like reading your posts about Cantrip in this thread.

I would be more enlightened by Jessica giving dining etiquette than thinking about many of GM_Champion's designs. Though to be fair he has had some good ones. Not these, but others I've seen on his thread.

BTW, I second Jessica's sentiment. It's all well and good to talk about differences of opinion when it comes to one's designs. You've never actually done that. If someone presents issues, alternative ideas, etc, you restate your assertions and move on. That's not discussion, that's exposition.

You will improve as a designer when you learn fundamentals of dialog. At the very least, listen to the number of patient and talented designers who give you feedback some of us would be envious of.
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
Just because everyone here says I am wrong does not make that true.

It's common sense that everyone could be simply lying to themselves.

When it comes to your own designs, the only one who needs to like them is you; and I love my designs. They are original, complex, have deep meanings, and work perfectly. I would to get credit where credit is deserved, but I'm not going to try and force anyone to give me fair credit.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

I'm going to try and force anyone to give me fair credit.


Congratulations, you're doing a terrific job.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

After that last statement I'd almost think we might have a case to report the post for trolling... Seriously, trying to argue that rather than all of us having a point instead we're lying to ourselves?
Just because everyone here says I am wrong does not make that true.

It's common sense that everyone could be simply lying to themselves.

When it comes to your own designs, the only one who needs to like them is you; and I love my designs. They are original, complex, have deep meanings, and work perfectly. I would to get credit where credit is deserved, but I'm going to try and force anyone to give me fair credit.



No, it's possible that everyone here 'could be lying to themselves'. It's pretty far from common sense. Occam's Razor would seem to imply that it's more likely (or at the very least more simple and thus more probable) that if everyone here says you're wrong in a situation with only two choices (correct/incorrect), then you are, in fact, wrong.

And if you're the only one who will ever use or see your cards, then sure, you're the only one that has to like them. But you're not playing it that way, are you? You're posting your cards out in public where folks can look at 'em, putting them up on threads on a forum specifically for the design, critique, and refinement of homebrew cards. If you don't want critique, don't show them here, as it should be abundantly and inescapably clear that you have failed to impress us with your designs. Most of them are not 'original'. Their complexity is clunky, inelegant, and fails to excite. I have found no meanings, deep or otherwise, in your set, and if the wording is anything to go by, 'work perfectly' is a far cry from the existence that the rest of us know colloquially as 'reality'. The only credit you're due is as someone that's managed, at the barest minimum, to throw some abilities into a card render. Congratulations. Now if you don't have an interest in improving, might I kindly suggest you stop posting your designs in a forum so obviously hostile to what you consider a fun game or else shape up your act?


Just because everyone here says I am wrong does not make that true.

It's common sense that everyone could be simply lying to themselves.

When it comes to your own designs, the only one who needs to like them is you; and I love my designs. They are original, complex, have deep meanings, and work perfectly. I would to get credit where credit is deserved, but I'm going to try and force anyone to give me fair credit.



No, it's possible that everyone here 'could be lying to themselves'. It's pretty far from common sense. Occam's Razor would seem to imply that it's more likely (or at the very least more simple and thus more probable) that if everyone here says you're wrong in a situation with only two choices (correct/incorrect), then you are, in fact, wrong.

And if you're the only one who will ever use or see your cards, then sure, you're the only one that has to like them. But you're not playing it that way, are you? You're posting your cards out in public where folks can look at 'em, putting them up on threads on a forum specifically for the design, critique, and refinement of homebrew cards. If you don't want critique, don't show them here, as it should be abundantly and inescapably clear that you have failed to impress us with your designs. Most of them are not 'original'. Their complexity is clunky, inelegant, and fails to excite. I have found no meanings, deep or otherwise, in your set, and if the wording is anything to go by, 'work perfectly' is a far cry from the existence that the rest of us know colloquially as 'reality'. The only credit you're due is as someone that's managed, at the barest minimum, to throw some abilities into a card render. Congratulations. Now if you don't have an interest in improving, might I kindly suggest you stop posting your designs in a forum so obviously hostile to what you consider a fun game or else shape up your act?





The more you post, the more I like you.  This may be partly due to my agreement with nearly everything you've stated, allowing me to not waste my time making an equally thought out response that will go unheard.

And yea, after the last post by OP I can only assume this thread is indeed a troll, so well played.

Just because everyone here says I am wrong does not make that true.

It's common sense that everyone could be simply lying to themselves.

When it comes to your own designs, the only one who needs to like them is you; and I love my designs. They are original, complex, have deep meanings, and work perfectly. I would to get credit where credit is deserved, but I'm going to try and force anyone to give me fair credit.



No, it's possible that everyone here 'could be lying to themselves'. It's pretty far from common sense. Occam's Razor would seem to imply that it's more likely (or at the very least more simple and thus more probable) that if everyone here says you're wrong in a situation with only two choices (correct/incorrect), then you are, in fact, wrong.

And if you're the only one who will ever use or see your cards, then sure, you're the only one that has to like them. But you're not playing it that way, are you? You're posting your cards out in public where folks can look at 'em, putting them up on threads on a forum specifically for the design, critique, and refinement of homebrew cards. If you don't want critique, don't show them here, as it should be abundantly and inescapably clear that you have failed to impress us with your designs. Most of them are not 'original'. Their complexity is clunky, inelegant, and fails to excite. I have found no meanings, deep or otherwise, in your set, and if the wording is anything to go by, 'work perfectly' is a far cry from the existence that the rest of us know colloquially as 'reality'. The only credit you're due is as someone that's managed, at the barest minimum, to throw some abilities into a card render. Congratulations. Now if you don't have an interest in improving, might I kindly suggest you stop posting your designs in a forum so obviously hostile to what you consider a fun game or else shape up your act?





I've taken into consideration that an individual might be unable to discern the meanings and intentions behind the designs I post. That's why I have provided design notes and highlight which explain them. If you have found no meanings to my designs, you can go back and read the design notes and highlights I've provided. It is a lot of reading (maybe more than most people can handle at one time) but you can catch what you missed before.

Lastly, I'm going to quote Thumper from Disney's Bambi who said "If you don't have something nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all." Because it's plain to see that you're blatatly harassing me here. The context of your statements is nothing but negative, insulting commentary. It doesn't bother me (because I know none of it is true) but I this isn't how you treat everyone in your life.



If you don't like my designs, please simply resign from posting.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

When it comes to your own designs, the only one who needs to like them is you; and I love my designs. They are original, complex, have deep meanings, and work perfectly. I would to get credit where credit is deserved, but I'm not going to try and force anyone to give me fair credit.



You would fail horribly from a business standpoint.

You're telling me if you tried to market some of your sets and the overall feedback was negative, you would tell your customer base that it is their fault they aren't having fun?  That they are lying to themselves?  You would make no effort to take counterpoints into consideration when designing future sets, in order to make a better product for the masses to enjoy?

You have a lot of personal and professional growth to achieve before you can dream of becoming a successful TCG/CCG designer.  It isn't merely your lack of a college degree that is holding you back from being a Wizards employee.


I’ve removed content from this thread because baiting and harassment is a violation of the Code of Conduct.  You can review the Code of Conduct here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...


Please keep your posts polite, respectful, and on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.

Method Actor 100% Storyteller 100% Butt Kicker 50% Tactician 50% Power Gamer 25% Specialist 25% Casual Gamer 25% The Code of Conduct is: http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1916 To contact Customer Service: http://wizards.custhelp.com
I don't really mind the ability at all. I just feel the originals were more creative and better got the "incentive" idea down.
Woot! Go RED! I love red! Red is awesome! Did I mention I love red?
those personality things
Suprisingly enough, in that test, I'm not red I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."
I don't know guys. You're not seeing the forest for the trees. Just imagine if Doom Blade had it. I'll make an example with kicker instead of cantrip.

Doom Sword

Instant
Doom Sword does nothing.
Kicker
If you paid the kicker cost, doom sword destroys target nonblack creature. You may play this spell without revealing it, then reveal it to surprise your opponent.
Sign In to post comments