Baja's Collaborative List of the Best Heroic Powers

148 posts / 0 new
Last post

This list highlights 75 of the 4000 Heroic powers. Over 75% of it was generated by the community so far. 
All information is presented with a bias, and none of the information is to be considered definitive as there 
are just to many variables including battle maps, DMs, Players, Rule Interpretations, Errata Etc.

The opinions here will not 100% coinside with your own. It is just one of many views of the  non-linear Heroic Powers.
Whenever creating an OP character, it is always a good idea to check many guides.

Contents:
Best List
Great List
Heavily Contested Powers
Information on the List

This is Baja's list of the best powers for heroic tier.
 (25) max

Ardent - Mindlink Strike - 2 augments - close burst 1 ~2w and one 1w 

Artificer - Punishing Eye - moving 48sq area adds mod damage to all pc attacks, denys concealment

Battlemind - Lodestone Lure - 2 augments - melee 5, 1w, pull 4, knock prone, can't move away from you

Cleric - Moment of Glory - knock an enemy away and down and sustain resist 5 for all party members

Druid - Grasping Tide - at-will, burst 1 in 10 vs fort, d6+mod, restrict enemy movement or prone
Druid - Grasping Claws - because this

Fighter - Come and Get It - close burst 3, brings enemies to you for 1w damage
Fighter - Thicket of Blades - 3w damage close burst 1 following Come and Get It
Fighter - Rain of Steel - spend one minor to deal 1w to any enemy starting near you during the encounter
Fighter - Bedeviling Assault - 2w+mod, 1 free mba against that target per round for the encounter
Fighter - Rain of Blows - 2 potentially 3 attacks, can instant kill most Heroic monsters with modifier damage

Paladin - Astral Thunder - Close burst 3, 2d8 and attack penalties, as an encounter 
Paladin - Wrath of the Gods - Close burst 1 utility minor action, buffs damage by charisma mod for encounter

Ranger - Twin Strike - two attack at-will, ranged or melee
Ranger - Spitting Cobra Stance - 1w any enemy that moved toward you

Rogue - Knockout - knock enemy unconscious 

Sorcerer - Adamantine Echo - AoE w/ongoing damage, +2-7 ac bonus w/support

Swordmage - Sword Burst - close burst at-will vs reflex

Wizard - Sleep - knock enemies unconscious
Wizard - Summon Succubus - debuff enemies, dominate enemies, fly
Wizard - Visions of Avarice - burst 5 in 10 trap your enemy in a zone sustain minor

Warlock - Decree of Khirad - almost dominate close blast 3, consolation damage

Warlord - Lead the Attack - 3w + mod, party bonus to attack rolls on the target
Warlord - Stand the Fallen - 3w+mod and allies healed  surge+mod  
Warlord - Lamb to the Slaughter - Pull enemy 5, enable three allies a free charge attack 

This thread was made for fun, keep it fun! 

Concisely: I want a system where players don't have to pick between mechanics and roleplaying. I hope 5E fails asap so a better system can be made asap.

( I can't believe what they did to the forums. The sterile lack or color is rather depressing. )

This is Baja's list of Some Great Powers for Heroic Tier:
(50) max 

Ardent - Forward-Thinking Cut - 2 augments - 1w and 2w via allies

Artificer - Magic Weapon - 1w and buff party attack and damage by con or wis modifier at-will
Artificer - Punishing Eye - int damage bonus to enemies in 3sq, nulifies concealment in 3sq

Avenger - Fury's Advance - minor action 1w, extra damage, push, and shift

Bard - Revitalizing Incantation - double heal an ally for a minor action
Bard - Misdirected Mark - 1w and mark enemy in 10 by ally in 5 of you
Bard - Song of Discord - dominate an enemy

Battlemind - Lightning Rush - 2 augments - triggered vs ac, 2w attack vs 1 target ac and you take the damage

Cleric - Iron to Glass - reduces enemy melee attacks by 4-10

Druid - Charm Beast - dominate a creature
Druid - magic stones - three attacks vs reflex, low damage

Fighter - Dual Strike - two attack at-will melee
Fighter - Daring Shot - Minor action burst 1 mark enemies gain con mod + targets hp 
Fighter - Crushing Surge - Battlerager fighters continually get 2(con mod) temp hp

Invoker - Silent Malediction - stun close blast 3
Invoker - Thunder of Judgment - damage, daze, push 3 enemies
Invoker - divine bolts - two attacks vs reflex as at-will

Psion - Dishearten - burst 1 in 10 penalize enemies to hit until end of turn deal d6-2d6
Psion - Lightning Rush - 2 augments - triggered vs ac, 2w attack vs 1 target ac and you take the damage

Ranger - Off-Hand Strike - 1w as a minor
Ranger - Ruffling Sting - 1w minor grants ca
Ranger - Disruptive Strike - immediate interrupt, 1w enemy attack penalty 3+wis
Ranger - Jaws of the Wolf - 2(2w+mod) vs ac, half miss
Ranger - Invigorating Stride - second wind as move action, shift wis mod
Ranger - Attacks on the Run - 2(3W+mod) move as standard if no AoOs

Rogue - Low Slash - minor action attack 1w push slow
Rogue - Snap Shot - minor action 1w attack
Rogue - Riposte Strike - at-will  can beat twin strike, but depends on the dm
Rogue - Gloaming Cut - at-will 1w + sneak attack while hiding continuously

Scorcerer - Flame Spiral - level 3, 3 targets get (d10+char) vs reflex, d6 once per enemy for one turn
Sorcerer - Lightning Cuts - Encounter minor action 2w lightning vs ref
Sorcerer - Slaad's Gambit - trig you're hit, teleport before it, 2d10+mod daily

Shaman - Spirit Infusion - your ally MBAs with your int mod damage bonus and +2 to hit at-will

Swordmage - Ghost Step - a stance to shift an extra square when you shift
Swordmage - Dimensional Vortex - interrupt, teleport enemy to attack it's ally, aegis bonus damage
Swordmage - Transposing Lunge - (with shielding) 2w interrupt, teleport an enemy from out of range to you 

Warlord - Reorient the Axis - allies shift warlord int modifier, move action encounter power
Warlord - Vengeance is Mine - encounter power, you hit and an ally can hit as free action
Warlord - Powerful Warning - ally def boost, they can MBA

Wizard - Wall of Fire - 8 sq wall blocks line of sight and deals damage
Wizard - Color Spray - close blast 5 dazing
Wizard - Mirage Arcana - daze trap your enemy bust 2 in 10
Wizard - Twist of Space - burst 1 in 10 teleport enemies 3sq  slow (put them in a trap)
Wizard - Illusory Wall - block line of sight and movement of enemies 8 squares in 20
Wizard - Hypnotic Pattern - trap your enemies 
Wizard - Arc lightning - two attacks vs reflex as at-will
Wizard - Instant Friends - make your enemies cooperate

Warlock - Touch of Command - immediate interrupt dominate an enemy 

Skill Power - Prescient Maneuver - they move, you move away as an interrupt
Skill Power - Inspiring Fortitude - Grant your allies THP everyday for a second wind out of combat

Concisely: I want a system where players don't have to pick between mechanics and roleplaying. I hope 5E fails asap so a better system can be made asap.

( I can't believe what they did to the forums. The sterile lack or color is rather depressing. )

Notable debates:

Bedeviling Assault vs Thicket of Blades:
TOB does more damage overall, BA does more damage to a particular enemy in two rounds 

Bedeviling Assault vs Hellsworn Blessing:
Hellsworn Blessing gives the party more damage in three rounds.  

Flame Spiral vs Thicket of Blades:
TOB does more damage overall, Flame Spiral does damage and deters melee on the caster

Riposte Strike vs Twin Strike:
If the dm chooses to attack the riposter, it can produce higher damage.

Misdirected Mark:
It is defender/party/dm dependent, can be great for drawing enemies into AOE. 

Grasping Claws vs Lightning Rush:
Lightning Rush diverts the damage, Grasping Claws can be set to stop enemy attacks at-will.

Wrath of the Gods:
Originally it was overlooked. Every character has to pick utility powers. This is one of the best.

Rain of Blows:
Does less damage than flame spiral, ToB, and Bedeviling Assault. It can kill most heroic monsters in one turn. It was open for debate for a couple days, despite barbarian powers that seem superior, it was not contested. So it remains on the best list. 

Lead the Attack:
Most enemies will die so quickly that the attack bonuses won't last more than a round or two. Several people posted they wanted to keep it because it is very good against Elites and Solo enemies.  

This list highlights 75 powers out of over 4000 heroic powers.

There are less than 10 contested powers.

I expect that players will use build guides to develop their characters. 

I will review powers for the list as long as the requests are in the specified format. 

Not everyone will agree with my opinions.

Powers in my list do not exist in a vacuum. 

There is a log of contested powers.

I am pretty surprised there weren't more Barbarian powers suggested.

Best thread evar!
Hello,

I had to remove content from this thread because it was off-topic or otherwise violated our rules for posting conduct.

Here's a link to our Code of Conduct in case you need a refresher. www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Let's keep things friendly, polite, and respectful.

Thanks,

Monica
Do you have a power to contest or suggest?
The details on the thread are stated at the top.

I am sorry you feel how you do. Only ten powers were contested. 75% of the powers were contributed by other users.  

I agree.
Enough attacking bajatmerc.
More attacking the powers.

Like the fact that gloaming cut doesn't actully let you hide after an attack any more then luring strike does.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

I'm gonna try one last time (and earn my gold in the etiquette handbook Tongue Out):

Powers to contest:

Grasping Tide
Grasping Claws
Thicket of Blades
Bedeviling Assault
Spitting Cobra Stance
Gloaming Cut <-- This one especially
Adamantine Echo
Hellsworn Blessing
Decree of Khirad
Visions of Avarice
Misdirected Mark
Lodestone Lure
Magic Stones
Dual Strike
Daring Shot <-- Don't see this one in the compendium
Ghost Step
Instant Friends
Prescient Maneuver
Inspiring Fortitude 

Please note that this isn't all of them and I thought about each one.

Powers to add: (IMO)
Hand of Radiance
Overwhelming Strike
Spirit Infusion
Commander's Strike
Lead the Attack
Stand the Fallen

The only barb power that might make it (seeing as you mentioned their absence) is Howling Strike.

Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Lodestone Lure belongs, because it's the only battlemind defender power pre LR, and it's broken by literal reading.  (Attack, move away, Laugh.  Augmented: attack, pull 0, Laugh)

I can see Alien's arguemnt for Grasping Claws.

(Visions of Avarice has also completely broken encounters I've played.  Not sure if that was pre or post-nef) 

Ok, the rest of the list you contest, I think I agree with. 

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

I agree.
Enough attacking bajatmerc.
More attacking the powers.

Like the fact that gloaming cut doesn't actully let you hide after an attack any more then luring strike does.

I assume he is going for the ruling of making a Stealth check to become hidden because the power says to regardless of where you end. Therefore it becomes a specific instance instead of a general instance of Stealth.
The text on Lodestone Lure says you must pull it, and that augmented that you must pull 4 squares. If you are 3 squares away, that's not possible to do legally. So the intention of the admittedly poorly worded power is clear. It should probably read, "and you must pull the target to the closest unoccupied square adjacent to you."

Moving after the attack can still help you dictate battlefield positioning, but involves eating at least one OA. Of course, Lightning Rush needs you to pump up OA defenses anyway.

But he doesn't appear to be trying to evaluate separate classes separately from each other necessarily, so is the fact that lodestone lure is the only non-terible battlemind defender at-will before 7 reason enough to include it?
The text on Lodestone Lure says you must pull it, and that augmented that you must pull 4 squares. If you are 3 squares away, that's not possible to do legally. So the intention of the admittedly poorly worded power is clear. It should probably read, "and you must pull the target to the closest unoccupied square adjacent to you."

Moving after the attack can still help you dictate battlefield positioning, but involves eating at least one OA. Of course, Lightning Rush needs you to pump up OA defenses anyway.

But he doesn't appear to be trying to evaluate separate classes separately from each other necessarily, so is the fact that lodestone lure is the only non-terible battlemind defender at-will before 7 reason enough to include it?

That's not really fair. Concussive spike is useful, both for positioning and against swarms/concealment. Conductive defense is vs. reflex, so more accurate.

Also, lodestone lure + a teleport means no OA... not that shadar-kai or eladrin make the best battleminds.

However, I agree it probably shouldn't make a cut on "best powers". Certainly a power people should know about though. 
Lodestone Lure belongs, because it's the only battlemind defender power pre LR, and it's broken by literal reading.  (Attack, move away, Laugh.  Augmented: attack, pull 0, Laugh)

I can see Alien's arguemnt for Grasping Claws.

(Visions of Avarice has also completely broken encounters I've played.  Not sure if that was pre or post-nef) 

Ok, the rest of the list you contest, I think I agree with. 

Other users submitted most those powers for reasons and reasons are needed to remove them.
Also, when removing a power it should be replaced. 

I will review these as requested:
Hand of Radiance
Overwhelming Strike
Spirit Infusion
Commander's Strike
Lead the Attack
Stand the Fallen

Reasoning would be appreciated when giving submissions. I don't want to add powers without reasons as later someone will want them removed, and I will need to know what reasoning is being contested.

It sounds like Lodestone Lure is being contested currently. If you guys can give points on that, it would be helpful. If someone wants to say that it is not a great or best power, then I would need a power better than it for what it does. 

I've removed content from this thread because Baiting and personal attacks are violations of the Code of Conduct.  You can review the Code of Conduct here.  

ORC_Chaos

(Edited: Off Topic Disruption)
Flame Spiral is top tier
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
I am swamped this weekend, will be another couple days before I can check that stack.

Swapped Lodestone Lure with Gloaming Cut.  

Flame Spiral can do 7x mods.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
I've removed content from this thread because Off-Topic Disruption is a violation of the Code of Conduct.  You can review the Code of Conduct here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, respectful, and on-topic!

You're welcome to disagree but please do so in a respectful way!

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the "Report Post" button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

Thanks!
How many bonus damage modifiers can get stacked on Hand of Radiance during heroics? It does a piddly d4 with a nice range 10  on up to 3 creatures, that's three attacks. It's no twin strike, but it could beat out a rogue at-will potentially. 

I found Overwhelming strike to be dissapointing. There are powers that do the same thing and utilize a better core stat. 

Spirit Infusion could also potentially beat out one of the great at-wills. It depends on your ally's MBA. 

Commander's Strike is not as good as Spirit Infusion. 

Lead the Attack deals 3w + mods to an enemy. Then it gives your ally's +1s to hit that enemy. This power is going probably bloody the enemy, and your allies will kit it before your next turn I suspect. That enemy will die, but it seems like you could get a daily power that has beneficial effects that last past one round with the same damage. 
Pretty sure there are a few Barbarian dailies that provide long lasting effects. 

For some reason I thought Stand the Fallen was on the list already. It will be added immediately. 

edit: nvm, Stand the Fallen was on there already.

Lead the Attack deals 3w + mods to an enemy. Then it gives your ally's +1s to hit that enemy. This power is going probably bloody the enemy, and your allies will kit it before your next turn I suspect. That enemy will die, but it seems like you could get a daily power that has beneficial effects that last past one round with the same damage. 
Pretty sure there are a few Barbarian dailies that provide long lasting effects. 

Unless they errata'd it again, the attack bonus is 1+int mod. Also, while barbarians do have longer lasting ranges, lead the attack effects the party. As you gain in levels the damage from LTA is less likely to bloody the target (rather quickly if its an elite, and it wont bloody a solo). Also the int mod bonus is likely to go up, giving all your allies a nice nova round vs a solo or elite.
I think it's probably best to just leave this thread alone.

Unless they errata'd it again, the attack bonus is 1+int mod. Also, while barbarians do have longer lasting ranges, lead the attack effects the party. As you gain in levels the damage from LTA is less likely to bloody the target (rather quickly if its an elite, and it wont bloody a solo). Also the int mod bonus is likely to go up, giving all your allies a nice nova round vs a solo or elite.

I see what you mean, on a hit it is 1 + int mod to your ally bonuses to hit. This list is for just heroics. You might get a 200 hp elite brute in there, then LTA will work good beyond a round, but everything else is about 75. It might be better than some of the great powers still. Do you see a power on the list that isn't as good?

I don't focus the list around solos at all. Those battles are few between, 1 in 10 I think the DMG gives an example of. In one of the rpol games I run, the heroes faced three consecutive solo giant scorpions that were modified from dragons. Each one that came up through the ground was systematically locked down with daze till it died. So I might have a significant bias against solos.

I think the Berbalang has 400 hp as a solo creature with 25 AC.
Average PCs will have +2 prof +1 magic weapon +1 expertise +5 attribute +5 half level at lv 10 +2 CA on one target
d20 + 16 --------- 26 to hit,  10 or better rolled to hit,  10/20 = .5 or 50%
if you can kick in another 3  average with int off stat from LTA ----- 13/2o =  .65 or 65%  
Each extra point you can squeeze is another 5% to hit.
The creature might live 4 turns. LTA could boost 20% to hit without to much difficulty. 

Actually I was reading the Berbelang, and it is a bad example. It could make duplicates of itself that the bonus wouldn't work on. So specifically for LTA it is effective against solo creatures, just not the Berbalang.

It's unclear from your math, but are you under the impression that someone needs to exceed a target's defense in order to hit?

Additionally, why would anyone, ever, use a single target daily power against a standard creature?  The usefulness of single target daily powers MUST be evaluated assuming an elite at minimum. 
Baja -- I think your assumptions are way off.  At level 10 every PC will have a +2 weapon and many will have a +3.  A good amount of them will have a +6 from attribute and many will use +3 proficiency weapons.  Figure +19 or +20 to hit with CA. 

Not to mention even if you were only +16 to hit, you would only need a 9 to hit a 25 AC which would be a 60% hit rate.  A +20 would be an 80% hit rate.

And LtA at 10th level would be giving out a likely +4 to hit.

Daren      
Lead the attack is amazing, at level 8 my warlord was giving out +6 to hit, making the enemy a total puppet. It destroys things, and destroys them in a round.
How many bonus damage modifiers can get stacked on Hand of Radiance during heroics? It does a piddly d4 with a nice range 10  on up to 3 creatures, that's three attacks. It's no twin strike, but it could beat out a rogue at-will potentially. 

You're comparing hand of radiance to rogue at wills? What sense does that make? They're entirely different classes, powers, roles, and purposes.

Stand the Fallen is good, but not great. Its a solid healing power, but the fact you had Lead the Attack behind it dismays me. 

I know this isn't your Warlord handbook thread, but I think you can make a case that Stand the Fallen is at least as good as Lead the Attack (especially for non-Tactical Warlords) at heroic.  At heroic, you only have the 2 encounter heals (notwithstanding your utility choices) and a multi-target heal is rare.  The range is also a big factor at heroic, since your encounter heals are only 5.

I'm a very aggressive, offense over defense player but when I played a Warlord in high-heroic and early paragon, I loved having the multi-target, extra healing of Stand the Fallen.

Daren     

Baja, can I request  "Best Feats" and "Best Magical Items" companion threads?  I can't really compare the best heroic powers without knowing the best feats and items to complement them.

Also: "Best Ability Scores".  Obviously, Wisdom is dead last.
I do hope you're kidding Ex-Death, as very little in this thread is helpful, and I doubt those would be helpful either, this is merely the musings of one person, not a collective effort like it says.

Zelink, please stay on topic and be helpful!
For example, which do you think is better: Superior Will, Blade Cascade, or Charisma? 
Charisma. Obviously Oozing grace is better than 5 attacks, since, well its Charisma!
I do hope you're kidding Ex-Death, as very little in this thread is helpful, and I doubt those would be helpful either, this is merely the musings of one person, not a collective effort like it says.

For example, which do you think is better: Superior Will, Blade Cascade, or Charisma? 

That's easy ... Thicket of Blades crushes them all, along with infinite pixies! 

Daren
But can Thicket Of blades attack Charisma? HA! I didn't think so!

That's easy ... Thicket of Blades crushes them all, along with infinite pixies! 

Daren

I'll second infinite pixies. 

Baja, please add to list. 
But infinite pixies only exist to be killed with Thicket of Blades!
I'm not sure how to decide between them. On the one hand, strength is clearly the strongest stat. On the other hand, amazingness is clearly the most amazing stat.
It's unclear from your math, but are you under the impression that someone needs to exceed a target's defense in order to hit?

Additionally, why would anyone, ever, use a single target daily power against a standard creature?  The usefulness of single target daily powers MUST be evaluated assuming an elite at minimum. 

I was trying to give the power the benefit of a group that had average attacks and get the ac a little higher to insure that it was getting the biggest bang for the buck possible with LTAs accuracy bonus. Though basically the accuracy can fluctuate 5% for any singular modifier because 1/20 is 5%. Someone mentioned that they were giving out +6 to hits. That is a 30% accuracy buff.

If in collaboration the community wants to fucus on elites and solos it can. I will add LTA to the best list.

Also for clarification, wisdom does not add to your hp or your AC. 

I have removed content from this thread for violating the COC. You can read about the COC at: 

www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, respectful and refrain from personal attacks. We strive to have a community that is mutually benificial and positive in nature for everyone.

Also for clarification, wisdom does not add to your hp or your AC. 

It doesn't? Huh. Tell that to a Lifespirit Warden or anyone with Auspicious Birth.

IOW, these assumptions depend entirely on your background and class choice, and are not necessarily true. Additionally, nearly every build of every class either has a primary or secondary stat to AC or else wears heavy armor.  Rating powers based in any part due to their attack stat is comically nonsensical, which is why the jokes made about it were hilarious.

For an Avenger (since this started with Overwhelming Strike), Wisdom is, by far, the best stat anything could be based off of, since it's their primary stat. It's probably a bad Dilettante choice for a Wizard, though, sure. Depending on the Battlemind build, it could solve the MBA issue as smoothly as Eldritch Strike.  Or do you not consider feat support when evaluating powers? 
Those things are tangential to the point that there are other powers that do what Overwhelming Strike does, and they use a stat that helps the AC or HP of the character using the power. Most Warden's don't use Overwhelming Strike. Most Avengers might use Overwhelming Strike. Overwhelming Strike is not so extremely good that it is better than over 3925 powers.