Why were the 1E reprints pushed back 3 months??

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
It's not like they had to wait for editing changes in the print or anything to do with the content...here I am, wanting to GIVE you guys my MONEY and you're not even letting me do that!
It's not like they had to wait for editing changes in the print or anything to do with the content...here I am, wanting to GIVE you guys my MONEY and you're not even letting me do that!

As I understand it the process of scanning/converting the books proved more difficult than they thought, or something like that.  It's not a conspiracy or anything, it's just taking more time than they initially thought it would.  On the plus side, it is also my understanding that they are not going to limit distribution to FLGS but will make them available by usual channels like Amazon or whatever.

Old School: It ain't what you play - it's how you play it.

My 1E Project: http://home.earthlink.net/~duanevp/dnd/Building%20D&D/buildingdnd.htm

"Who says I can't?" "The man in the funny hat..."

Given two choices out of "Fast", "Cheap", and "Good", it's possibly better if it takes longer instead of producing an inferior level of quality, or a higher price.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome Lurker, Fulminating Crab, Ironglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
Oh ok. It would have been nice to reward those that were gonna buy them from FLGS before making it available in all channels. I would pay the extra money to have exclusive access to the books for 3 months before the rest of the world. But now I'll be tempted to go through Amazon, cuz buying 3 books at once is expensive...