G/U Wild Defiant Stalker

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

I know i will get some backlash for attemting to build a deck before AVR is even released officially but I had to try and get something going for my favorite colors.

Creatures 
3x Wingcrafter -AVR-
3x Wolfbitten Captive
4x Mayor of Avabruck
4x Invisible Stalker
1x Snapcaster Mage

Enchantments
4x Wild Defiance -AVR-

Artifacts
2x Runechanter's Pike

Sorceries and Instants
3x Ponder
3x Apostle's Blessing
4x Ranger's Guile
4x Vapor Snag
4x Mana Leak

Land
4x Hinterland Harbor
2x Ghost Quarter
5x Forest
10x Island 

some problems I see with this deck just right off the back, is that it lacks Card Advantage. I've been considering adding the new and Fleeting Distraction in place of snag and leak. perhaps even the fog or the soulbond blue human that lets two creatures Curiosity

also have been realizing that the new enchantment renders Prey Upon as a great removal spell. basically making it read "deal 4(+) damage to creature" for         

please help me out, maybe even join the discussion about this great new enchantment.
seriously. nothing on this, u guys?

this enchantment makes all ur creatures Kiln Fiends.....KILN FIENDS..all of them. 

should I be making my creatures unblockable? Artful Dodge or the new one that targets 2 creatures
Instant and sorcery heavy and no Delver of Secrets? I like the mayor idea but unfortunately it's a borderline synergy at best. Whereas delver is freaking unbelieveable. +4 Delver, -4 Mayor.... too bad too I'm still looking for a good use for the 2cmc lord. 

If you wanted to stay with the human theme AVACYN Mass Apeal and Lunar Mystic could get some testing.

I really like artful dodge because of the flashback. Ghostform is nice but isn't as versatile as dodge. If you use dodge twice it cost the same amount of mana for the same amount of targets.

For card advantage look to something like Twisted Image.  But to use mana leak or ponder just makes your deck a little less focused. Maybe they are needed but maybe as a SB card.

Prey Upon is a great add. Better than vapor snag in this deck in my opinion. 

Travel Preparations is nodable. But flashback works against your pike. But Two casts and two targets. Awesome.

AVACYN Blessings of Nature could be worth a look depending on how the miracle mechanic works. 

I really like the deck. Reminds me of the g/u aggro decks in legacy right now. 

Unfortunately I wish we could find a way to draw the enchanment more. As of right now it seems more of a win more card and not a needed card. Maybe the next block will tell otherwise.

U/G is my favorite color combo too

originally when testing the deck I had 4 Delver of Secrets and -3 Wingcrafter and -1 Stalker.

the reason why I swapped him out was I lacked flipping consistency, as i dropped the instant/sorcery number from 21 to  18. 

i can swap out -3 wingcrafters & -1 Stalker for 4 delvers. instead of 4 Mayors, whats your opinion on Skinshifter? he is less tempermental than Mayor.

i still like to hold on to mayor because his flip gives me 3/3 bodies every of my EOT. but i understand how in this deck he can seem counterproductive because i will want to be pumping multiple spells into my creatures, but he only flips during the next turn so for the turn im pumping he is still effective.   
also Skinshifter could be really fun if i run Twisted Image with Wild Defiance lol. making him a 0/8 plant then switching his p/t and and swinging with an 11/3. 

Creatures 
4x Delver of Secrets
3x Wolfbitten Captive
4x Skinshifter 
3x Invisible Stalker
1x Snapcaster Mage

Enchantments
3x Wild Defiance -AVR-

Artifacts
2x Runechanter's Pike

Sorceries and Instants
3x Ponder
3x Apostle's Blessing
3x Ranger's Guile
4x Prey Upon
2x Fleeting Distraction -AVR-
3x Artful Dodge 
1x Crippling Chill -AVR- 

Land
4x Hinterland Harbor
2x Ghost Quarter
5x Forest
10x Island 

REVISED

Ulvenwald Tracker instead of prey upon? Probably not better, but seems like something interesting to test.
you Def want the new tribal land set to humans.
Very cool deck idea! I like it alot! I have no real suggestions unfortunately.
My Commander decks! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942477/Endrek_Sahr,_Master_of_Disaster http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942329/*Rumbling_Stomach_Noises*_Guildpact_Borborygmos_Deck
you Def want the new tribal land set to humans.

This and 2 of the the GU ones that give everything flash. Prey upon at instant speed is really good.
Alchemist's Refuge isnt bad, its just that I dont see myself wanting to pump my guys up during my opponents turn. Sorcery speed works perfect for me. but I guess it couldnt hurt to have a copy or two.
I'd mise in Garruk Relentless as a 1 or 2 of since it gives you the same card advantage as Mayor and trades raw power for options. I also happen to like Gatstaf Shepherd, but that's a personal quirk.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Garruk seems like it could have a spot in there, but what should I cut for it?