58 posts / 0 new
Last post
It's another of my 24-hour contests!

Create a card themed around, "Dangerous beauty"

Ready?

GO!
Dangerous Beauty -
Creature - Human
Whenever a creature attacks you, Dangerous Beauty deals 1 damage to that creature.
: Target creature attacks this turn if able.
1/1
Too tired to make something new. This is from my Bloodlines of the Orient block. How the design is based on dangerous beauty should be pretty obvious. Within the block, it exists as a very plain, powerful uncommon creature whose main appeal is flavor. The flavor text is a haiku I wrote. I did my best to make it dramatic and poetic.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Entrancing Orb

Artifact

, : Put a charm counter on target attacking creature and remove it from combat.
Creatures with charm counters on them don't untap during their controllers' untap steps.

Gaze into it, and the Blind Eternities gaze back at you.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Flameweaver
Creature - Human Shaman
If a red source would deal non-combat damage, it deals that much damage plus one.
He dances with himself, a million sparks around him. The passion within burns, his memories only cinders.
1/1

Looking at fire is incredibly mesmerizing, I tell you.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Mistress of Stone and Sea
Creature-Gorgon Siren
Deathtouch
()(),: Target creature an opponent controls attacks you this turn if able.
()(),: Target creature can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control this turn.
2/4

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Pale Siren
Creature - Vampire Siren
Whenever a creature dies the same turn it was dealt damage by ~, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
2/2
Whether lured by power, lust, or whatever else... her victims always end up the same.

It seems a little off to have a red siren, but the effect is definitely in red's pie. Plus I look at it as uncontrollable lust.
Wish of Vanity
Sorcery
You may choose three cards you own from outside the game, reveal them, and put them in your hand. Then each opponent may look at your hand and have you choose a card to discard. Exile ~.
She wished for beauty, but not the modesty to keep it.
Dangerous Beauty card:

Leia, The Mistress of Okeanos Isle
|

Creature - Merfolk Siren (Rare)

Defender

* is the number of creatures you control, but do not own.

Whenever a creature an opponent controls attacks, untap Leia, The Mistress of Okeanos Isle.

Whenever Leia, The Mistress of Okeanos Isle deals combat damage to a creature, gain control of that creature at the end of combat, for as long as you control Leia, The Mistress of Okeanos Isle.

1/3+*

"Don't go to close to Okeanos Isle, or you'll never come back..." - Otto, Fisherman.

Thanks, Vlord.
Femme Fatale 
Creature - Human
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card..
At the end of your turn, Femme Fatale deals two damage to you.
: Gain control of Femme Fatale.  Any player may activate this ability but only any time  he or she could cast a sorcery.
"Cruelty, Suffering, Uncertainty, Ruination.  Please, come back to me..."
- Extract from The Song of the Ruined Man
1/2

If you haven't graded my entry, here's what I think is much better.

Femme Fatale 
Creature - Human
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card..
At the end of your turn, lose 2 life.
: Gain control of Femme Fatale.  Any player may activate this ability but only any time  he or she could cast a sorcery.
"Cruelty, Suffering, Uncertainty, Ruination.  Please, come back to me..."
- Extract from The Song of the Ruined Man
1/2
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Gwendlyn of Urborg -
Legendary Creature - Human Assassin
: Put a passion counter on target creature. That creature attacks this turn if able.
: Destroy target creature with two or more passion counters on it. It can't be regenerated.
: Gain control of target creature with four or more passion counters on it.
1/2

Shameless Self-Promotion

These are the MTG Fiction pieces I have written:

Planes of the Dual-Walkers
Allo's Fortnight
The Butcher's Cleaver
Dead Man 'Walking
Showdown
Pariah
Deals and Devils
The Tears of the Djinn
Cromat Comes
Kiss of the Shorecerers
Numerous poems in The Poetry Plane
Magic: The Musical

Please read and comment! I love hearing people's thoughts and reactions to my work!

Territorial Peacock
Creature - Bird (R)
Flying, vigilance
, Tap another untapped Bird creature you control: Add to your mana pool.
"No closer, my lord. Those colors mean it's mating season, and we're encroaching on his harem."
1/4
Lotus Eggs
Artifact Creature - Insect
Defender
When ~ dies, add three mana of any color to your mana pool and put three 1/1 black Insect creature tokens onto the battlefield under target opponent's control.
0/1
Lovelorn Geist - [manacost]4UU[/manacost]
Creature - Spirit
Flying, vigilance
When ~ enters the battlefield, tap all other creatures.
Creatures can't untap.
4/4
All who beheld her saw nothing else.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
"Dangerous Beauty" always makes me think of Gwendlyn Di Corci (EDIT: and, I guess, Deadly Allure)

How about a flip card?  This is partly inspired by Cloistered Youth

Coy Maiden 
Creature - Human | R
When ~ blocks or becomes blocked, transform it.
Those dancing eyes, her innocent blush, the flip of her hair, of course I followed her...
1/1

Devouring Fiend
 Creature - Demon
First strike, wither, lifelink
At the end of combat, transform ~.
His friends shot him envious stares as he left with the mysterious beauty, but that was the last anyone saw of him...
5/1

EDIT:  Wanted to add a bit of an author's note to explain that I wanted to name the flip side of this "Devouring Succubus," but I know deep down that this game has become FAR too politically correct these days for that to fly.  Nonetheless I thought the idea of wither and lifelink going together was flavorful for a succubus.  That's also why this is a "demon" and not a "horror."
Closed

Grades tomorrow.
*sigh* As usual I will have to delay grading. My apologies.
No worries, but just to warn you, feedback is like crack for me.
I can't wait to see if my card flavor was obvious or cryptic.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)

After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

So, how long of a delay is this gonna be again?

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Longer than I expected, I just came down with a horrific ankle infection.
D: that's why you don't keep zombies as pets.
Longer than I expected, I just came down with a horrific ankle infection.

:-O Get well soon!

Yeah, definately get better! We'll wait patiently!

Shameless Self-Promotion

Allo's Fortnight
The Butcher's Cleaver
Dead Man 'Walking
Showdown
Pariah
Deals and Devils
The Tears of the Djinn
Cromat Comes
Kiss of the Shorecerers

Please read and comment! I love hearing people's thoughts and reactions to my work!

So. Just got out of the hospital, still laid up with my leg. Chances are very good that I will not be able to summon the effort to grade this, but if folks want comments we can either A. keep bumping it until I do (when I can think straight and post on my own computer) or B. surrender grading to another judge. Thoughts?
I'd rather get your opinion on my card than a random other person. So I say Option A.

I also put forward that each subsequent bump be a post with the words "Invocation of Option A" instead of "bump" or the bump emoticon.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Second this. :-) I've learned to respect your opinion, Miss Morgan, and will wait patiently. :-)  I'll put in "Invocation of Option A" every few days to keep this from dying off.

I'd rather get your opinion on my card than a random other person. So I say Option A.

I also put forward that each subsequent bump be a post with the words "Invocation of Option A" instead of "bump" or the bump emoticon.

Second this. :-) I've learned to respect your opinion, Miss Morgan, and will wait patiently. :-)  I'll put in "Invocation of Option A" every few days to keep this from dying off.

O.o o.O

O.O

I have respect around here? When the hell did that happen?

Wednesday, the 14th of December last.  Laughing

Kidding, of course, I've pretty much always respected you. But I certainly agree with Edacade, and after all, it was your contest!

Get well.

Shameless Self-Promotion

Allo's Fortnight
The Butcher's Cleaver
Dead Man 'Walking
Showdown
Pariah
Deals and Devils
The Tears of the Djinn
Cromat Comes
Kiss of the Shorecerers

O.o o.O

O.O

Birds of a feather flock together?

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Birds of a feather flock together?

Is this some kind of shot at me, Edacade? Laughing

Shameless Self-Promotion

Allo's Fortnight
The Butcher's Cleaver
Dead Man 'Walking
Showdown
Pariah
Deals and Devils
The Tears of the Djinn
Cromat Comes
Kiss of the Shorecerers

Is this some kind of shot at me, Edacade? Laughing

No, just saying that I think most of the people who respect Jessica have similar views about card design/development/mechanics as she does. That saying "birds of a feather flock together" just seemed like the best way to say it without saying it.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Invocation of Option A

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Alright, alright, I'll grade this tonight you needy punks. It may be late tonight, but I'll grade it.
Do you really think I'm a needy punk?

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Do you really think I'm a needy punk?

Nah, I'm just in an irritated mood.
Guys, let's stop pressuing Ms. Morgan to get back to this.  I can tell that she'd rather not.  Could be the submissions disappointed her and she's too nice to say so.

While not endorsing handing the thread over, I am personally interested in any and all feedback or constructive criticism from anyone of my submission. :-)
Guys, let's stop pressuing Ms. Morgan to get back to this.  I can tell that she'd rather not.  Could be the submissions disappointed her and she's too nice to say so.

While not endorsing handing the thread over, I am personally interested in any and all feedback or constructive criticism from anyone of my submission. :-)

Wasn't the impression I was intending to give, I just keep getting distracted whenever I sit down to grade - or I go to grade and, like now, it's four in the flippin' morning. I'll grade this. I promise.

Dueling Banjo's
Instant
Choose an impartial judge from outside the game. You and target opponent take turns playing an orginal melody, tune, riff, or solo. After five turns of this, the judge declares a winner. That player takes a extra turn after this one and the loser skips his or her next untap step.

I suppose you could challege her to a duel ^^^!

She could lose on purpose and skip grades for another turn. Meanwhile, you could spend another turn begging for grades.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

So, since you're working on grades, I suppose it's safe to say that Option A won...

Which means I can use this guy again!

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Wasn't the impression I was intending to give, I just keep getting distracted whenever I sit down to grade - or I go to grade and, like now, it's four in the flippin' morning. I'll grade this. I promise.

Reverse psychology, FTW! :-)