[AVR-ICD] Stolen Goods

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stolen Goods -
Sorcery [Rare]
Target opponent exiles cards from the top of his or her library until they reveal a nonland card. Until end of turn, you may cast that card without paying it's mana cost.

Source: Card Image Gallery.

Seems pretty cool, but I'm not sure how good it is. It would probably be amazing in EDH, but is it worth the risk of hitting a Gitaxian Probe, Mana Leak or Rampant Growth in Standard?
Yeh this is fun in EDH but unplayable in constructed imo.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

SwDS: 1/5
I guess you might be able to hit a token or counter generator with this thing, but meh I'd rather rely on my own deck. I know some EDH decks that could find this fun. Still the chances of hitting anything useful as kinda slim...I'd rather use the four mana for something else. 

Stop the H4TE

Take away half+ of your Loam deck for 4 mana?  That's gotta be worth one sideboard slot in Legacy.
Yeh this is fun in EDH but unplayable in constructed imo.

Commander is a constructed format.  I think you meant "unplayable in Standard."
interesting. very hit-or-miss but still might be cool.
I want a foil.

I wish this was an Instant to muck up top of library tutors :3 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
I want a foil.

Someone's been playing too much edh ;)

Thada Adel is relentless!
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
I dont know I'm seeing some kind of super-ramp u/g deck that could use this very well. I mean c'mon wouldn't it be awesome to play this hit there snapcaster, flashback this, and hit there hero or geist, all the while milling lets say 3 lands? Obviously a tiny bit of magic xmas land luck but still.

I do however think that the downside of hitting less then worthy cards, esp. counterspells, could knock it out of competitive play. The fact that its not an instant also hurts, but if we say it's in u/g ramp then Alchemist's Refuge? Could playing it in a ramp style deck also mean that some of the "less then worthy" cards may be better then normal?

For me it really boils down to 3 things; 1, I'm obsessed with pirates and this card is very very ARRGHHH!! 2, It's probably my favorite art of the set, and makes my top 10 of all time favs(the look on those 2 guys' faces is hilariously awesome). And 3, I just like how it plays. Even with the possibility of hitting something bad, your still stealing a card from them that they don't get to cast all the while milling lands for free, and the potential of it is enormous, even more so then most of the miracle card's potential, since this could possibly even hit miracles. Play goods, hit Temporal Mastery? Thank you for another turn to ramp, play, win? Yes please.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
I want a foil.

It could be for just 2 more and an Alchemist's Refuge!
Heck I would use this just to ruin some one's miracle, too bad it doesn't trigger those. 
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
This could be a fun card.
in a mill deck, eot noxious revival, this...thanks for turn 4 wurmcoil engine
Has potential.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13