[NAE] Harmless Cycle

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Heartkeeper Oryx
Creature - Antelope (C)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain life equal to Heartkeeper Oryx's power.
0/1 

White-Eye Ophidian
Creature - Snake (C)
Whenever White-Eye Ophidian deals combat damage to a player, you draw that many cards.
0/1 

Miserable Drubb
Creature - Drubb (C)
When Miserable Drubb dies, target player discards cards equal to Miserable Drubb's power.
0/1 

Smoldering Flaretail
Creature - Imp (C)
, : Smoldering Flaretail deals damage equal to its power to target creature.
0/1 

Druidwatcher Ouphe
Creature - Ouphe (C)
: Add to your mana pool an amount of equal to Druidwatcher Ouphe's power.
0/1

Keep in mind that these cards are designed for a set with a lot of +1/+1 counters. This cycle began with a 0/1 creature with flying and deathtouch named Harmless Mosquito, but that was replaced with a card that's stronger and fits with a possible black sacrifice subtheme.

Oh, also, I gave drubbs their own creature type, because there are a lot of them on this plane. 

Naen Card-List

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

I think they should cost 2. If as you say there are lots of +1/+1 counters, these can get out of hand really fast. Just think about playing a rancor or giant growth or both on the green one turn 2, then use that 3 mana for another aura or something, or more +1/+1 counters. Red one is probably the most okay powerwise. They all seem a bit too complicated for commons though.
I think they should cost 2. If as you say there are lots of +1/+1 counters, these can get out of hand really fast. Just think about playing a rancor or giant growth or both on the green one turn 2, then use that 3 mana for another aura or something, or more +1/+1 counters. Red one is probably the most okay powerwise. They all seem a bit too complicated for commons though.

Good point. I got so caught up in using these with +1/+1 counters that I forgot about how powerful they are with temporary pump effects. I'll probably move them all to uncommon and try out different costs.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Sign In to post comments