new Compendium format?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Did I miss something?  I logged into the Compendium, and it's completely different... and not in a good way.  And I don't even see a thread anywhere discussing it - could I have gotten something not-ready-for-public-consumption?
It seems to be giving the mobile version automatically. Was that around before?
It was working fine this morning - I am getting the same bug.  Looks like its redirecting all browsers to the mobile version for some reason.  I'm on Chrome for what its worth.
Yes, it is indeed automatically taking us to the Mobile compendium. I have already tried to go the non-mobile compendium, and it re-directs me to the mobile version. Perhaps there was an issue with the normal compendium, and Wizards is giving us the mobile version while they fix the normal compendium.

Ah - I've never tried the mobile one, so I didn't recognize it.
seems to be working now
I'm still getting the mobile version.  ;_ ;

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

Still going straight to the Mobile screen for me.

It is definitely a huge downgrade to the compendium.

Hopefully they can get this fixed before to much time goes by.
I'm seeing the mobile compendium in these browsers:

Safari 5.1.5 / OS X
"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_3) AppleWebKit/534.55.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.5 Safari/534.55.3"

Firefox 11 / OS X

"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0"

It looks like they're using something called "mobileesp" from Google code, calling their DetectMobileQuick() function. This function calls a DetectAmazonSilk() function which has a bug in it which will always return true.

Line 752 needs to be replaced:

if (uagent.search(engineSilk))

With

if (uagent.search(engineSilk) > -1)

That will fix the problem (although there may be more, this code is definitely not top shelf).

Wow, I need a life.
I reported the bug to Customer Service  Ticket [#120423-000043]

Wow, I need a life.

Or.. you need to get paid for this.
I reported the bug to Customer Service  Ticket [#120423-000043]

Thanks, Plaguescarred! Beat me to it.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

You're welcome Teos!

Compendium is fixed now.

Wow, I need a life.

Or.. you need to get paid for this.

Well, I do just not by Wizards.

Yet.

(pst HINT, HINT, Wizards) 
Sign In to post comments