Hell breaking loose: an Avacyn Restored voting game

284 posts / 0 new
Last post
"It ends tonight," the demon Degard said wiping the blood from his lips, "they are surrounded."

The devils cackled and laughed as they pulled the messenger's body out of sight. "My Lord," spoke the cultist, "News is spreading of Avacyn's return. Perhaps we should retreat--"

"NO!" Degard bellowed, "We have laid seige to Torpor for weeks, I will not retreat." He shot a billowing cloud of death into the air. At his sign, the devils across the city wall detonated thier payloads. The city walls crumbled, and a sea of devils and lesser demons poured into the city of Torpor.

The moon rose over the final Night of the city of Torpor.

Welcome to Hell breaking loose, a flavorful voting game based around Avacyn Restored. It is Angels vs. Demons in this game.

Anyone can join anytime.

How to Play:

A voting game is very simple. Choose a faction you wish to join, Angels or Demons. Then choose a specality

Each day (Starting from when Wizards.com gets updated), each player can attack one city block, and reinforce a different city block. Attacking a city block reduces it's strength by 1, while reinforcing a block increases it's strength.

Each specality has a bonus ability that allows you to effect the game in a unique way.

Last Faction standing wins!

Specialty:

Angel Aligned--

Angel: Skip your attack and reinforcement and choose an angel-controlled block.  It gains 1 strength for each demon-controlled block adjacent to it.

Wolfir: If your attack reduces a block's strength to 0, you automatically claim it with 1 strength. (You can then reinforce that block if you haven't reinforced any block this day.)

Cathar: If your attack reduces an unbolded block's strength to a factor of 3, bold the entire row or column. Each Angel aligned block in that row gains 1 strength. (Factors of 3 are 3, 6, 9, 12...)

Demon Aligned--

Demon: Skip attack and reinforce: choose a demon controlled block.  all adjacent blocks with at least one strength (regardless of who controls them) lose one strength and the chosen block gains that much strength

Cultist: If you attack a block, you may also attack an adjacent block.

Devil: Skip attack and reinforce: choose a demon controlled block.  It and each adjacent block lose 2 strength.

City blocks and Tally:

Hell Breaking loose introduces a new type of tally, instead of having a list, HBL introduces a pictoral tally.

D300A300D3
A3000000D3
A300D300A3

This tally represents 25 city blocks, 5 by 5. Blocks marked with [00] are neutral. Any player can skip both thier attack and reinforcement for the day to capture a block for thier team. A captured block starts with 3 strength.

Blocks marked with [AX] are angel aligned blocks with X strength. Blocks marked with [DX] are demon aligned with X strength.

The location of a block doesn't effect what you can attack and reinforce. An angel can attack a block surrounded by demon aligned blocks. But location does factor into some Bonus abilities.

A block can have a maximum of 13 strength.

Additional Tally stuff

Show
If you are going to make a move, you want to update the tally to reflect your actions. You can show this change by changing the tally and adding the modifer to the block. For example:

D300A300D3
A3000000D3
A300D300A3

If i attack the bottom-most left block while supporting the top-right most block, the tally will look like this.

D300A300D4+1
A3000000D3
A2-100D300A3

The next day i want to capture the second block on the top row. I can show that this way: (Note the change in color)

D3/D3\A300D4
A3000000D3
A200D300A3

Note: Formatting can be important for keeping track of various abilities. So remember to copy over formatting as well.
Note: If you are planning on adding flavor, first post just the updated tally and then go back and edit your post. Otherwise someone might update the tally while you are writing flavor.

Refering to blocks: When refering to blocks used basic X,Y coordiantes. That is, columns and rows. The numbers start at 1 to 5 starting at the bottom left. For example

A
B
C

A: 2,5
B: 4,3
C: 1,2

adjacent blocks: Some abilities care about adjacent blocks. These are blocks that are next to a block horizonatally and vertically but not diagonally.

The bolded blocks are adjacent to block X.

X

Color Coding:

The tally can be difficult to make sense of so to ease the players, the tally is colorcoded. Unclaimed blocks remain black, demon aligned blocks are colored red, and angel aligned blocks are blue.

End game:

Starting on day 20 and going forward, whenever a block becomes neutral it becomes innert and can no longer be claimed. Mark it with [--]. Also at the start of the day, each territory loses 1 strength.

Flavor and storytelling:

Hell breaking loose is a flavorful voting game. And we encourage roleplaying and storytellnig. But if you don't feel like it, don't worry, role playing is not required, nor is writing flavorful posts. What someone writes has no impact on the game, and should just be used to immerse yourself into the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And as always, Have fun. :D

… and then, the squirrels came.
Game Starts at Midnight Tonight.
I have seveeral characters so i'll wait and see what it's looking like when we start. Also in looks like for the starting tallies you have two  blocks with strength but no coloring (1,3) and (5,3) respectively.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
I'm in as a Wolfir.
Flavor might come later.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
Ok I'll just go a head and make the first character/claim, and hope other are inspired to join:

Phelan (Working on  a last name, suggestions welcome)

When Phelan was a young Kessiger he often disobeyed his parents and often went adventuring in the woods during the day. He was wise enough not to adventure out at night. He proved himself to be a talented archer and ranger, and eventually joing the Quiver of Kessig as a Cathar. He served for several year with little incident.

A few years ago Phelan was bitten by a werewolf while protecting his village. the attack was repeled. Phelan used every prayer and ward he knew to hold off the transformation, and his faith won out. However when Avacyn disappeared his magic waned, and he faultered more often, and often not at a safe time.

During the Gatstalf wolf hunt Phelan served the human in the hunt. Try as he might to keep himself in control he finally failed. He manage to isolate himself for most of the hunt, deciding it was too raisky to be near by if he transformed again. He hid in the grotto, and was present when Avacyn offered the cursemute. Phelan revealed himself as a werewolf, and was one of the first to accept the curse mute.

Phelan now stands in defense of the humans alongside the Host of Herons.

EDIT: I do my whole flavor and Vektor snipes my pick (obviously we can have multiples). I reserve the right to change my choice before my first post, if we need more diversity. Hopefully more people will get on the bandwagon soon and it won't be a huge issue.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Think I'll enter as a Devil. Though I'll probably end up doing more damage to the demon controlled factions this way
Hell Breaking Loose: Day 1

D300A300D3
A3000000D3
A300D300A3
Switching to Cathar, flavor later.
Claiming (3,3)

D300A300D3
A300/A3\00D3
A300D300A3

So i think we may want to hold off since we only have 3 players right now. if we don't get more by the end of tomorrow we may want to postpone.

Character:

Caedmon Quinn-
     Caedmon hails from a Nephalian family steeped in the church of Avacyn. His mother is a spearsage, often working at Elgaud. His father is the mayor of the small town Caedmon hails from. His older sister is a practiced runechanter, and his younger brother became a wandering monk. It was no surprise that Caedmon took to being a cathar, given how much time he spent in Elguad with his mother. He was most enchanted with great weapons of the Lunar-Smiths, and jumped when he was offered a place in their ranks. Caedmon prides himself on his weapons, especially the two bladed bracers he wears. Both bracers have been further inscribed by his sister for extra potency.

In Avacyn's absence Caedmon became uncomfortable. While he was working at Elguad his home town was destroyed by a devil's prank. This prak cost him his father and sister. His mother was luckily visiting Elguad at the time. Caedmon grew tired of sitting around the grounds. He heard of the rumors of a group of duelists striking out to fight devils and demons in Avacyn's absence. Caedmon followed the trail, and asked to join. He now fights along side them, a bold risk taker.

Flavor for this move:

As the demons and devil spilled into town Caedmon knew this would be a long bloody fight. As much as he wanted to slay the infernal monster behind this attack he knew that strategy came first, and they needed to claim strong territory. He set out with his unit, aiming to claim the position in the center of the city, and expand from there. He would get his fight later, he just had to be patient.
You are Red/Blue!

Joining as Demon

Grimsnout, self-appointed Lord of Carrion and executor of the will of Grislebrand, looked over the city from a handy balcony in the former inn he had claimed as his base of operations.

"Tonight is a night for exquisite bloodshed and unparalleled destruction," he growled, speaking mostly to open air, but heard by a cultist standing behind him. "I shall greet it in my finest tuxedo."

"Master..." The cultist replied, cringing, "We still haven't gotten the tuxedo clean after last time"

"Hm." Grimsnout growled, "Very well, then, is the raiment sewn from the patchwork skins of my fallen enemies clean?"

"Yes, master!"

"Then I shall have it... and my top hat.  A top hat goes with anything, after all."

The cultist looked rather sheepishly at her master's back

"Whatever you say..."

(I wanted to put Grimsnout's lines in font, but the boards don't like most alternate fonts.  Also, if you get the refrence, kudos to you.)

EDIT: Dramatis Personae.  Any Recurring character of mine will be listed here, with Too Much Information (probably more than will be important/relevant over the course of the story)

Grimsnout

Grimsnout is an exceedingly powerful demon, and lays claim to the title "Lord of Carrion".  All the same, he survived the long first era of Avacyn without being sealed in the Helvault because for all his personal strength, his actions have tended to be under the radar and relativley harmless.  He's used to being too mighty to be felled in a relativley random encounter with priests or lesser angels, but too insignificant a schemer to get himself targeted and hunted down.

Avacyn's absence changed things -- Lord of Carrion is an apt title, as Grimsnout is a scavanger who now sees all of Innistrad as fresh meat, resulting in him turning over a new, bolder leaf.  Still, some old habits die hard, and many of Grimsnout's mannerisms are at odds with his demonic nature.

Cordelia

Cordelia is a Skirsdag cultist.  She's not particularly high ranked, but she's devoted to the cause, which has earned her a place as Grimsnout's "personal assistant" and his liasion to the Cult.

Why does someone join with demons?  Some, certainly, are deluded enough to accept the promises of power that demonic forces offer, but Cordelia is smarter than that.  When she joined the Skirsdag, she was quite young and down on her luck.  Having lost all faith, she sought not just her own death, but the death of everything -- and one promise demons make honestly is the promise of ultimate destruction.  In an odd turn, the sense of community and fellowship that being part of the cult brought took away her nihilism, but by the time it did the Skirsdag and Demons were her new family, and she had no desire to turn her back on them

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

And Grimsnout claims (3,4)

D300A300D3
0000/D3\0000
A300A300D3
A300D300A3

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Claiming 3,5

D300A300D3
0000D3/D3\00
A300A300D3
A300D300A3
Claiming 3,5

D300A300D3
0000D3/D3\00
A300A300D3
A300D300A3

You Claimed (4,4) you cannot claim (3,5) it is angel territory
You are Red/Blue!
EDIT: I do my whole flavor and Vektor snipes my pick (obviously we can have multiples).

Vektor claims (2,2)

D300A300D3
0000D3D300
A300A300D3
00/A3\000000
A300D300A3
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
57927608 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
Claiming 4,3 for Angels

The six cathars moved in grim silence through the mist, the dim lamps barely illuminating the cities streets.  Moonlight caught on blessed silver swords and lances, and Ersa felt for a fleeting moment as though the angels' power was lightening his step, as it had so often when he had first joined the Inquisitors.  Then, the moment was gone, and the weight of reality settled back on him.  The captain stopped short at a small, nondiscipt two story house, with a candle still burning in the upper window.

"This is the place," he nodded "grab him quick." 

With practiced efficency, the Inquisitors kicked open the door and spread out through the house.  Ersa and two of his comrades stormed up the stairs and into the lit room.  The suprised cultist was barely on his feet, but had drawn a wicked looking dagger and a desperate look in his eyes. 

"He's here!"  One of the cathars called, all three leveling spears and forcing there quarry into a corner.  The captain entered, followed by two more soldiers.

"Casius Wright.  You stand accused of kidnapping, murder, and consorting with the Skirsdag and other demonic forces.  What have you to say in your defense?"  The captain deliveded the accusation with a cold, even tone and one hand resting on his sword.  The cultist's eyes darted around the room, to each hate-filled face in turn, then finally out the window behind them.  Suddenly, a mad grin split his face.

"Ahahahahaha!  You're too late fools!  My master has come!  He will raze this town and spit out your bones!"

"Good enough for me."  The cathar replied, unfazed.  "Kill him."

Three spears plunged almost as one into the crazed cultist's chest, and he collapsed in a heap.  A sudden explosion shook the walls of the house, then another, more distant one.  The six cathars ran out into the street to see smoke rising from the city walls.

"What the hell was that?"

"An attack on the walls?"

"How?!  Those ward were just strenghtened!"

"Pull yourselves together!  The warning bells have already started, the Guard and the militia will be out in minutes.  Until then, we hold this square.  Now pray to the angels for strength, and look for something to block off those alleys!"                               

D300A300D3
0000D3D300
A300A3/A3\D3
00A3000000
A300D300A3
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

D300A300D3
0000D3D300
A300A2-1A2-1D3
00A3000000
A300D4+100A3

The vengeful cultist Lukas Harran is going after the Angelic Blocks to bring down all of the heavenly hosts!

(more RP at a later time) 
"There are probably seven persons, in all, who really like my work; and they are enough. I should write even if I were the only patient reader, for my aim is merely self-expression." ~H.P. Lovecraft

My Colors Are Green and Blue I value respect, honesty, acceptance, and trust. I love to tell stories and to experience new things. At my best, I am compassionate and creative. At my worst, I am detached and submissive. My enemies are Black and White.

Ah, whoops. I'm certainly off to a great start.

Ah, whoops. I'm certainly off to a great start.

It happens in the beta I kept switch the cordinates around. No worries
You are Red/Blue!
Jumping in as a devil. Claim (2,3)

D300A300D3
0000D3D300
A3/D3\A2A2D3
00A3000000
A300D400A3

Grash hated sneaking. Sneaking meant no scratching. No fighting. No fire. No fun. But orders were orders, and his gang was told specifically, “Nothing until the signal.” The two other devils look around anxiously, claws twitching as another one of the fleshy creatures walks by. Humans, Grash remembers one of the demon captains calling them. Whatever they’re called, they look like they’d be fun to poke and burn. A grin splits Grash’s face, as he plays out the fantasy in his head. He can feel the flames licking his hands as he lights the humans on fire, can hear their screams, taste their blood.

A sharp blow to the side of his head brings Grash back to reality. It seems in his excitement, he accidentally lit one of the houses lining the alley they were hiding in. The other devils frantically stamp out the small blaze and look around nervously to see if they’ve been spotted. Once they’re sure the coast is clear, Grash’s partners relax and shoot venomous glares at him. Grash mutters oaths at them, and glances at the sky. Still no signal from the captain. That meant more sneaking. Great.

Show
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks Gamma_Mage for the awesome banner! IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/5b6c77c9b167a1916a659c5ddb3cf613.jpg?v=90000)
Flavor later.  For now, joining as Wolfir.

Claim 5,4 for the Angels.

D300A300D3
0000D3D3\A3/
A3D3A2A2D3
00A3000000
A300D400A3
Susan Summerson from the Hell breaks loose Flavorful Voting Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29076567/Hell_breaking_loose:_an_Avacyn_Restored_voting_game?pg=1 Click here for more Forum Games:
Show
Susan Summerson also appeared in the Innistrad Mafia Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28609371/Innistrad_Mafia?pg=1 Writer of Nally Bear from The Gathering Flavorful Voting Game: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28846821/The_Gathering:_M12_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Writer of Phyrex the Myr from Phyrexia Reborn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27993097/Phyrexia_Reborn:_A_Flavorful_Voting_Game?pg=1 Writer of Tinker the Myr from Legacy of Karn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26647005/Karns_Legacy_(A_flavorful_voting_game) Writer of Crusader Tolkana, who has appeared in: Eldrazi Awaken: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/24071149/Eldrazi_Awaken:_A_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Colors of Magic: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/25352501/Colors_of_Magic:_a_flavor_game?pg=1 Guildwars III: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26082093/Guildwars_III:_Shattered_Pact_(A_flavorful_voting_game)?pg=1 Writer of Isaic from Treasures of Zendikar http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22819881/Treasures_of_Zendikar?post_id=402182877#402182877
Day 2

Caedmon attacks (3,1), bold row, Reinforce (3,3)

D300A300D3
0000D3D3A3
A3D3A3+1A2D3
00A3000000
A4+100D3-100A4+1

Caedmon and his squad reacted as fast as they could to the surpise cultist attack. He could see the the neigboring block burning too. This fight was going to be a tough fight. Caedmon and his team worked to put out the block. 

"This city will not fall! These beasts will not win! CHARGE!" Caedmon cried. He and a few of his men struck out. THey ran headlong into a group of cultists. One came at him with a knife. Instinctively Caedmon raised one bladed bracer to block the dagger, while punching the other into the man's gut,and slicing it open. This was why he prefered these weapons. The cultist fell and tried to crawl away. Caedmon let him go, he wouldn't survive with those wounds. He turned into time to dodge another cultist, but only barely. Caedmon charged forward and slashed the assaulter across her neck chest. She wouldn't get to crawl away. 

The other members of the contingent seemed to be doing well. They hadn't won but they'd dealt a strong blow and they weren't done yet. 
You are Red/Blue!
Grimsnout was carefully sampling tea his servants had discovered in the inn basement when an arrow smashed through the front window and his teacup, then embedded itself in the waiter he had specifically kept alive so someone would know the quality of the provisions he had acquired.

It was an outrage!  It was bad enough that the Avacyn-worshipping philistines were screaming their hymns at all hours of the night and massacred lower-ranked cultists by the dozen, but the destruction of a nice cup of tea and a professional server?  Now that was uncalled for.

Grimsnout's Skirsdag assistant (Cordelia, he thought, though he couldn't quite remember) had ducked behind an upturned table, and seemed in general to regard the situation with a much greater severity than the irksome attack deserved.  A moment later, Grimsnout glanced at the dead waiter and recalled that an arrow would end the life of a robed cultist just as easily.

He dropped the useless, shattered handle of the teacup he had been left holding onto, pulled the arrow from the corpse it had landed in, donned his top hat, and marched out the front door.

"Just who is responsible for this nonsense?" Grimsnout demanded, holding up the arrow.  He could see battle-lines where his forces dug in against Avacyn's armies at each end of the street, and directly ahead.  "Go on, fess up!  You've already ruined my tea time, so I have nothing better to do than get an explaination."

"Master!" Cordelia called, taking cover behind the door frame, "These men are trying to kill us!"

"And they broke my teacup." Grimsnout replied, "I liked that teacup!"

It was true -- fine china big enough for a demon's talons was hard to come by.  Someone -- no, everyone was going to pay for it!

Special on (2,3)

D300A300D3
0000D3D3A3
A2-1D6+3A2-1A2D3
00A2-1000000
A400D300A4

Special on (2,3)

D300A300D3
0000D3D3A3
00D4-200A2D3
A400D300A4

Grash and his partners continued lurking in the alley, waiting (quite impatiently) for their signal. There was still so much hate to spread, and Grash was seriously thinking about scrapping the plan and having some fun.

He had just taken a step towards the street when he felt it. A dark, demonic wave swept through the area, eliciting whimpers and screams from the townsfolk. Grash turned to the other devils, a terrifying grin splitting each of their faces; They had finally been signalled.

The trio rushed into the streets, just as people started pouring out of their homes to investigate what had spooked them. Grash immediately started lobbing fireballs into the gathering crowd, trying to inflict as much damage as possible. Euphoria swept through him as screams pierced the night, accented by the crackling of burning flesh. The sight of the burning bodies sent Grash into a frenzy, all of his pent up rage finally being unleashed. Feeding off the emotions of the crowd, Grash conjured larger and larger flames, consuming whole buildings at a time. As their little section of the town slowly burned to nothing but piles of ashes, Grash headed off into the shadows, cackling the entire way.
Show
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks Gamma_Mage for the awesome banner! IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/5b6c77c9b167a1916a659c5ddb3cf613.jpg?v=90000)

Special on (2,3)

D300A300D3
0000D3D3A3
A2-1D6+3A2-1A2D3
00A2-1000000
A400D300A4

If I recall correctly, you have to skip your reinforce (in addition to attack) if you want to use your devil special.

Special on... (4,4)

D300A300D3
0000D3D1-2A1-2
00D40000D3
A400D300A4

(Do we need to keep that bottom row bolded?)

Special on (2,3)

D300A300D3
0000D3D3A3
A2-1D6+3A2-1A2D3
00A2-1000000
A400D300A4

If I recall correctly, you have to skip your reinforce (in addition to attack) if you want to use your devil special.

Special on... (4,4)

D300A300D3
0000D3D1-2A1-2
00D40000D3
A400D300A4

(Do we need to keep that bottom row bolded?)

He didn't reninforce, it's part of his special.

And yes it stays bolded till the end of the day. Each row or collumn can only be bolded once a day. 
You are Red/Blue!
I'm always really busy when these things start for some reason.  Oh well.

Declare for Angels.

Claim (3,3) 

Map: 

D300A300D3
0000D3D1A1
00D4/A3\00D3
A400D300A4

Flavor will come later.

Also: I love this game already.  New map ROCKS!

(spaceholder for new flavor)
-------------------------------------------------------------- "TAKE EVERYONE'S KEYS. Things are about to get awesome." -Steve Argyle
The inn of the Boiling Pot was its usual lively self.  The usuals were all there, as well as a share of crackpots and beggars.  Raucous chatter drowned out anything that occured outside.  Suddenly, a large silver werewolf burst through the door.  Immediately, the men pulled out whatever arms they were carrying.  Most of the women did, too.  You didn't stay this close to the Wall without equipment, Avacyn or no.

"Wait a second," one of the men, a big, burly man with an unkempt black beard stepped forward.  "Yer wunnuh them newfangled good werewolves, ain't ya?"

The people at the bar relaxed a bit.  Everyone had heard about the Cursemute by now.  But instincts died hard.  Still, they were all quite surprised when they heard a young woman's voice ring clearly from the best.

"I come with dire news," it said.  "The demons have come, and they are laying siege to the city.  If you value your lives and your freedom, you will come with me."

By now the tavern was dead silent, and they could hear what was going on outside.  The sound of fire and explosions.  Of demonic, and worse devilish, cackling.  The wolf spoke true.

"There was an explosion in the next district over," The wolf woman continued.  "If we hurry, we can claim it in Avacyn's name before more of the beasts come.

"If I'm going to be commanded by a mongrel like you," the bearded man started hard, but then curled his lips into an awkward smile, expressing some odd joke in his head.  "Then I should at least know her name.  'Names Pete Stoneeater, Midnight Guard, Retired.  If you can every be fully retired, that is...

"Susan," she answered, in that voice that didn't seem natural from a wolf.  "Susan Summerson."

Attack [4,4] and Claim with Wolfir ability
Reinforce [5,4]

D300A300D3
0000D3\A1/A2+1
00D4A300D3
A400D300A4
Susan Summerson from the Hell breaks loose Flavorful Voting Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29076567/Hell_breaking_loose:_an_Avacyn_Restored_voting_game?pg=1 Click here for more Forum Games:
Show
Susan Summerson also appeared in the Innistrad Mafia Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28609371/Innistrad_Mafia?pg=1 Writer of Nally Bear from The Gathering Flavorful Voting Game: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28846821/The_Gathering:_M12_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Writer of Phyrex the Myr from Phyrexia Reborn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27993097/Phyrexia_Reborn:_A_Flavorful_Voting_Game?pg=1 Writer of Tinker the Myr from Legacy of Karn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26647005/Karns_Legacy_(A_flavorful_voting_game) Writer of Crusader Tolkana, who has appeared in: Eldrazi Awaken: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/24071149/Eldrazi_Awaken:_A_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Colors of Magic: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/25352501/Colors_of_Magic:_a_flavor_game?pg=1 Guildwars III: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26082093/Guildwars_III:_Shattered_Pact_(A_flavorful_voting_game)?pg=1 Writer of Isaic from Treasures of Zendikar http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22819881/Treasures_of_Zendikar?post_id=402182877#402182877
Quick tally fix. Klutz's move should have also done 2 to (3,4). 

D300A300D3
0000D1A1A2
00D4A300D3
A400D300A4

Also, how the heck did Susan escape my clutches from Mafia?!?!
Show
I was wrong.....move along

You are Red/Blue!

Special on... (4,4)

D300A300D3
0000D3D1-2A1-2
00D40000D3
A400D300A4

This is the move I'm talking about that should have done 2 to (3,4). Klutz is playing as a devil, too.
Show
Also, how the heck did Susan escape my clutches from Mafia?!?!

That's the mystery...

(Since it involves your character, I'm PMing my current story plan, for your okay).
Show

Special on... (4,4)

D300A300D3
0000D3D1-2A1-2
00D40000D3
A400D300A4

This is the move I'm talking about that should have done 2 to (3,4) that I corrected.

Ok deleting my fix, was not looking at the right post.
You are Red/Blue!

Special on... (4,4)

D300A300D3
0000D3D1-2A1-2
00D40000D3
A400D300A4

This is the move I'm talking about that should have done 2 to (3,4) that I corrected.

Ok deleting my fix, was not looking at the right post.

No problem
Show
Running to get Day 2!

Attack (3,4), Claim with Wolfir ability, Reinforce it.

D300A300D3
0000/A2\+1A1A2
00D4A300D3
A400D300A4
--->
57817638 wrote:
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
99812049 wrote:
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
82032421 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
56874518 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
Doug Beyer:
141434757 wrote:
57927608 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
143229641 wrote:
Dymecoar:
Omega137:
Zigeif777:
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:

D300A300D3
0000A1(-1)00(-1)A2
00D4A300D3
A400D4+100A4

No, you silly angels! CUT THEM ALL DOWN.

I'll add RP stuff soon, I promise... last leg of schoolwork is almost over... 
"There are probably seven persons, in all, who really like my work; and they are enough. I should write even if I were the only patient reader, for my aim is merely self-expression." ~H.P. Lovecraft

My Colors Are Green and Blue I value respect, honesty, acceptance, and trust. I love to tell stories and to experience new things. At my best, I am compassionate and creative. At my worst, I am detached and submissive. My enemies are Black and White.

Day 3

Unbold rows

Attack (1,3) Bold row, Reinforce(3,4)

D300A300D3
0000A2+100A2
00D4A300D3
A5+100D3-100A5+1

Flavor will come later.

You are Red/Blue!

D300A300D3
0000A1-100A2
00D5+1A2-100D3
A500D300A5

What? No, silly Cathar. You stop that :p 

Flavor later.

D300A300D3
000000-100A2
00D6+1A200D3
A500D300A5

D300A300D3
0000A1-100A2
00D4-1A3+100D3
A500D300A5
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

D300A300D3
0000A1-100A2
00D4-1A3+100D3
A500D300A5

You're a bit late.

Proper Tally

D300A300D3
00000000A2
00D6A200D3
A500D300A5

I think the angels are just out numbered...maybe.
You are Red/Blue!
Claim (3,4)

D300A300D3
0000/D3\00A2
00D6A200D3
A500D300A5

"We're movin' out," Krain, one of the devils, spat at Grash.

"What?" Grash asked, irritated that he was being distracted from flaying his latest human.

"You heard me, Grash. We're movin' out!" Crash snapped back. "Captain wants us to take down another part of the town."

"How'm I gonna ever have fun in this place if we keep movin' around!" Grash yelled. Fire spouted from his hands as he stomped around the street, blasting what little remained of the houses around him. He was sick of taking orders. He was sick of leaving all these victims lying around. He was sick of all this damned sneaking!

Krain finally cuffed Grash hard on the head after giving him a couple minutes to rant. Krain didn't really like this sneaking business either, but he knew that if they were able to take this town down, there would be plenty of fun later.

"Shut up, Grash," he said. "Captain's orders are orders. Let me tell you something, Grash. We're goin' to a whole new part of the town. Lots more humans to burn, and plenty of buildings to take down, too. Sound good to you?"

Grash sat there a minute, working through his head what new pain he could inflict on these fleshy humans.

"Sounds good to me," he said, an evil grin working its way across his face. 
Show