17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Archangel
Creature - Angel (U)
Flying, Vigilance
5/5
#5/244

Note: This is a reprint 

Thanks to MTGSalvation for this information.

Discuss.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
+1/+1 over Serra Angel but 2cc more. I really don't understand what's wrong with these set choices. Even if they are just reprints.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
+1/+1 over Serra Angel but 2cc more. I really don't understand what's wrong with these set choices. Even if they are just reprints.

I've been getting the feeling since Innistrad that they are actively trying to slow down the format. I think that post-rotation, they are going to very much succeed, and I don't think that it will be a bad thing. Smile
Limited finisher for sure
This is its first time as an uncommon
I want this for its name and I want the art to be as epic as the name implies.
good in limited.
wotc just stabbed my childhood memories.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Ends Limited games.  Maybe, anyway.  With all these big cards this might not be enough.

I've been getting the feeling since Innistrad that they are actively trying to slow down the format. I think that post-rotation, they are going to very much succeed, and I don't think that it will be a bad thing. 

From the other cards we've seen, the format doesn't lool like it'll be slow. Though they should have modified this card rathern than reprinting it.

Oh well, I guess the "creatures are overpowered" people will be happy about this. 
Cool. Finally an angel in this set that sucks.
Pretty expensive but still a decent finisher in limited.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Seems pretty solid, solid in limited for sure, but the expense I think is on the mark considering that there is an angel that makes them cheaper.
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Cool card to get reprinted at a lower rarity.
Crossing my fingers for the original art!

But seriously, what's next? Seraph

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

I love it when they take cards that aren't good enough to be rares anymore and bump them down to uncommon.

Serra Angel and Sengir Vampire were uncommons originally, but got bumped up to rare later. This was generally considered a bad move, so they were reverted. Volcanic Dragon and Archangel both originated from an era when 6 or higher mana cost creatures were virtually always rare (a few green creatures like craw wurm being the exceptions) and generally unimpressive for their price. They would have been uncommons if they were created today. So, hardly surprising.
Sign In to post comments