[AVR-ICD] Grounded

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Grounded
Enchantment - Aura(C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature loses flying
#181/244

Thanks to MTGSalvation for this information.

Discuss.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
yeah plummet is almost strictly better...

Unless they have that enchantment that gives +3/+3 when a creature is the target of a spell, and they fling it in response to your plummet.  But yeah... pretty weak.
this should be decent in limited, with all the Angels flitting about.
God I hope that's the real name. I am going to have too much fun saying "That's it! You're grounded, mister!" every time I cast it.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
I can't understand playing this when I have gloomwidow, the equip-plummet and the enchantment that their flyers can't block. Weak.
so so bad.
God I hope that's the real name. I am going to have too much fun saying "That's it! You're grounded, mister!" every time I cast it.

You're never going to cast it.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

This could've costed and it still would be bad.  I think the idea behind this card is cute and elegant, but they might as well make it bad rather than virtually unplayable...
plummet weeps...
bee sting would have been better !...
Terrible unplayable in limited.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Side for limited, if that. 
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
This could've costed and it still would be bad.  I think the idea behind this card is cute and elegant, but they might as well make it bad rather than virtually unplayable...

Considering there's just enough reach/flying-hate in the set already, note they still have to make awful cards every set.
Just plain bad.
Plummet doesn't trigger yavimaya enchantress, mesa enchantress, or similar cards. I bet if you looked hard enough, you can find a lot of other cards that would be glad it's an enchantment rather than an instant despite the weaker effect. Even so, it's a niche card that's probably terrible in-block.
edit: oops wrong thread.
Foolish me. Thinking that unlike black, green wouldn't be nerfed because it is an allied color of white...

If Limited gets in the way of printing good Constructed cards... Screw limited
Put it on your Birds before casting Corrosive Gale, make it easier to block Archdemon of Greed when your opponent is about to run out of Humans, get through with your flyers when your opponent's only blocker is a Stormbound Geist that hasn't died yet... sure, Plummet is definitely better, but there may be one or two occasions where this card will do.
They have yet to create a barf-bag large enough to contain my reaction to this card.

"We wlll kill them all."

Considering there's just enough reach/flying-hate in the set already, note they still have to make awful cards every set.

Yeah, the they could have at least tried to make it cooler.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Sign In to post comments