Demigod Modern D-List

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I wanted to play with Faithless Looting so decided to test out a Demigod of Revenge list.

4x Faithless Looting
4x Demigod of Revenge
4x Blood Ghast
3x Haakon
4x Oona's Prowler

4x Nameless Inversion
4x Dismember
3x Wrench Mind
2x Blightning
4x Damnation

4x Dragon-Skull Summit
4x Blood Crypt
4x Graven Carins
1x Lava-claw Reaches
3x Mountain
8x Swamp

SB
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Magma Jet
4x Bloodmoon
3x pyroclasm

I've been mixing it up a bit with a few different cards, but its pretty much just Removal and Recursion with a splash of discard to mix things up, and its doing pretty well. Right now the deck seems to have a decent win rate in our play group (getting to face all sorts of decks).

The decks strengths are that having tons of removal really takes it a long way (since modern is so creature based). It's weaknesess are its susceptibility to "yard hate".

To combat the yard hate im pulling the old "switch-er-oo" on my opponent with my sideboard. Essentially i  change my decks recursion theme into a burn theme and bloodmoons. Yard hate eats this deck alive, so instead of slogging through surgical extractions, just mix it up on em.

The list is definitely in its early stages still. any thoughts?
My take on this deck splashes green for Vengevine and Bloodbraid Elf, and BBE is really the only time you should use Black Lightning as it is too easy to force the discarding of junk.  Green also gives you access to Maelstrom Pulse, and mana ramp- not to mention Goyf if you can drop the sheckles (I can't).  I also have loved Reassembling Skeleton in some decks like this, though I am not sure it is right for this one.  If you want to run discard you really should be running targeted discard like Inquisition of Kozilek or Thoughtseize, as you picking one card to discard is miles better than them picking 2 cards.  Lastly, if you have them Lilly of the Veil is really nice here because it lets you discard a card you can play from the grave, and forces a discard for them.

Also, has anyone shown you how to autocard?  It makes reading lists and giving advice much easier for those of us that are very visual.
My take on this deck splashes green for Vengevine and Bloodbraid Elf, and BBE is really the only time you should use Black Lightning as it is too easy to force the discarding of junk.  Green also gives you access to Maelstrom Pulse, and mana ramp- not to mention Goyf if you can drop the sheckles (I can't).  I also have loved Reassembling Skeleton in some decks like this, though I am not sure it is right for this one.  If you want to run discard you really should be running targeted discard like Inquisition of Kozilek or Thoughtseize, as you picking one card to discard is miles better than them picking 2 cards.  Lastly, if you have them Lilly of the Veil is really nice here because it lets you discard a card you can play from the grave, and forces a discard for them.

Also, has anyone shown you how to autocard?  It makes reading lists and giving advice much easier for those of us that are very visual.

Thanks for the comments.

I think I am really trying to keep this deck 2 colors for the use of bloodmoon in my sideboard. I actually would like to take out a few blood crypts if possible because i dont really feel its necessary to lose any life to lands. I agree that the blightnings and mind wrenches can not be so effective sometimes, but other times they can make my opponent cringe. As for now i'm going to keep them in for testing purposes. I want to give them some playing time to see how they perform. After i play enough games where they do me no good then i'll take them out. The next few cards i'm going to try out are..

Lilly of the Veil (if i feel like dropping 30$)
Stinkweed Imp
Darkblast

After i exhause all the options from these two colors then i might consider adding another. Blue looks fun also perhaps.

No nobody has told me how to auto card. can you teach me?
yea:
Autocarding single card is done by putting [_c_] and the beginning of the card name, and [_/c_] at the end of the name- without the underscores I used.  If I had just typed it you would not see it.

Autocarding a deck is similar, but it uses the [_deck_][_/deck_] tags, and typing your deck list like so:
Creatures:
4 Dripping-Tongue Zubera
4 Ashen-Skin Zubera

Other Spells:
4 Wrath of God

Sideboard:
4 Chimney Imp

Put your list between those deck tags and it will autocard all the card in your deck automatically.
Sign In to post comments