Psion paragon path for a good alligned telepath?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
the whole theme for the character is based around an unassuming character more often than not just leaning on the end of his staff looking around the battle field, the monsters seem to be confused as to why this man is just standing in the heat of battle when all of the sudden they get a searing headache unlike anything they've ever felt

so heres the problem, ive been careful to choose attacks that have absolutely no physical effects on the target, also limiting my utilities (no psychic shield for me) but its getting to the point in the campaign where its time to start thinking paragon

the character is the main diplomat in a roleplay focused campaign, and it seems the only paragon path for telepaths that have no physical or visual effects is the thrallherder, you know, except for the enslaved humanoid following you around

so it makes a little less sense for the good aligned diplomat to be constantly tailed by a brainless slave

any suggestions on what to do? 
If you stick with Thrallherd, you could reflavour the thrall as an animal (which could be genuinely loyal rather than mind-controlled), a golem (or similar mindless construct) controlled by thoughts, or even an extension of the psion's own mind given physical form.

Alternatively, multiclass to get a better selection of paragon paths. The bard's Life Singer paragon path would work very well both mechanically and concept/fluff-wise for your character.

"My flying carpet is full of elves."

If you stick with Thrallherd, you could reflavour the thrall as an animal (which could be genuinely loyal rather than mind-controlled), a golem (or similar mindless construct) controlled by thoughts, or even an extension of the psion's own mind given physical form.

Alternatively, multiclass to get a better selection of paragon paths. The bard's Life Singer paragon path would work very well both mechanically and concept/fluff-wise for your character.

actually after a few hours of thinking i came to that exact conclusion, since my character is oriental im gonna go with a tiger or a panda thrall(companion)
since my character is oriental im gonna go with a tiger or a panda thrall(companion)

Never say no to Panda.