04/23/2012 Draft Simulator

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Draft Simulator, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Round 1:
Acidic Slime
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
Gravedigger
Blood Seeker
Aven Fleetwing
Bloodrage Vampire
Zombie Goliath
Goblin Chieftain
Lava Axe
Phantasmal Bear
Wall of Torches
Goblin Tunneler
Llanowar Elves
Buried Ruin
Plains

Round 2:
Djinn of Wishes
Merfolk Looter
Skywinder Drake
Royal Assassin
Aether Adept
Doom Blade
Gravedigger
Child of Night
Bloodrage Vampire
Duskhunter Bat
Ponder
Unsummon
Gladecover Scout
Angel's Feather
Island

Round 3:
Phantasmal Dragon
Onyx Mage
Sengir Vampire
Doom Blade
Devouring Swarm
Drifting Shade
Gravedigger
Lord of the Unreal
Devouring Swarm
Divine Favor
Devouring Swarm
Disentomb
Manabarbs
Mesa Enchantress
Plains

It's my first draft, so it's probably terrible. There was a bunch of cool Green stuff too, but I ended up going UB since I think I was the only person drafting that color and I like Blue (also, Djinn of Wishes). There's a bunch of Red cards in the beginning because I didn't know if I was going RB or UB. 

Power level this week is just insane.

Round 1:
Grim Lavamancer
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
Shock
Blood Seeker
Sorin's Thirst
Bloodrage Vampire
Crimson Mage
Goblin Chieftain
Disentomb
Goblin Arsonist
Brink of Disaster
Goblin Tunneler
Firebreathing
Buried Ruin
Plains

Round 2:
Chandra's Outrage
Blood Ogre
Chandra's Outrage
Wring Flesh
Chandra's Phoenix
Crimson Mage
Goblin Arsonist
Hideous Visage
Bloodrage Vampire
Tormented Soul
Fiery Hellhound
Reassembling Skeleton
Gladecover Scout
Angel's Feather
Island

Round 3:
Blood Ogre
Shock
Incinerate
Sorin's Thirst
Goblin Fireslinger
Stormblood Berserker
Gravedigger
Blood Ogre
Devouring Swarm
Brink of Disaster
Goblin Fireslinger
Disentomb
Manabarbs
Mesa Enchantress
Plains

Deck:
Creatures (16)
1cc
Grim Lavamancer
Goblin Fireslinger x2
Tormented Soul

2cc
Crimson Mage x2

3cc
Bloodrage Vampire x2
Goblin Chieftain
Blood Ogre x3
Chandra's Phoenix
Stormblood Berserker

4cc
Gravedigger

5cc
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth

Spells (8)
Shock x2
Sorin's Thirst x2
Chandra's Outrage x2
Wring Flesh
Incinerate

16 land..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />
why don't they let us do drafts of some different sets?  It wouldn't be all that hard to build a competent draft ai for other sets; and i'd like to have more sets to try drafts with.  I'd be happy to help build one with them
why don't they let us do drafts of some different sets?  It wouldn't be all that hard to build a competent draft ai for other sets; and i'd like to have more sets to try drafts with.  I'd be happy to help build one with them

They do let you draft other sets!  They'll happily sell you packs of any set you want.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...

because the point of this simulator is to practice, and the core sets are the best way to work on the basic fundamentals of drafting since there are fewer set-based abilities. you practice on here, then implement what you learn into the other sets like the upcoming release.
[sblock Draft]Round 1:
Grim Lavamancer
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
Shock
Blood Seeker
Sorin's Thirst
Tormented Soul
Crimson Mage
Tectonic Rift
Lava Axe
Goblin Arsonist
Brink of Disaster
Goblin Tunneler
Firebreathing
Buried Ruin
Plains

Round 2:
Volcanic Dragon
Blood Ogre
Chandra's Outrage
Reassembling Skeleton
Chandra's Phoenix
Blood Seeker
Diabolic Tutor
Hideous Visage
Manic Vandal
Tormented Soul
Fiery Hellhound
Fling
Gladecover Scout
Angel's Feather
Island

Round 3:
Blood Ogre
Onyx Mage
Incinerate
Sorin's Thirst
Goblin Fireslinger
Stormblood Berserker
Goblin Arsonist
Blood Ogre
Mind Rot
Divine Favor
Goblin Fireslinger
Disentomb
Manabarbs
Mesa Enchantress
Plains[/sblock]

DECKLIST (40)
LANDS (17)
7 x Swamp
10 x Mountain

CREATURES (18)
1 x Grim Lavamancer
1 x Goblin Arsonist
2 x Goblin Fireslinger
2 x Tormented Soul
1 x Stormblood Berserker
1 x Crimson Mage
1 x Onyx Mage
2 x Blood Seeker
3 x Blood Ogre
1 x Fiery Hellhound
1 x Chandra's Phoenix
1 x Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
1 x Volcanic Dragon

OTHER SPELLS (5)
1 x Shock
1 x Incinerate
1 x Sorin's Thirst
1 x Chandra's Outrage
1 x Diabolic Tutor

Notable Sideboard Cards:
Hideous Visage - When games go long, against non-Black/Red decks
Tectonic Rift - When games go long
Reassembling Skeleton - Deal with a large, hexproof/difficult creature without another way to kill it (i.e. Cudgel Troll)
Manic Vandal - To remove difficult artifacts
Mind Rot - Opponent has some high cc cards, bombs, or game changing cards they hold
Sorin's Thirst - Opponent is very heavy on low toughness creatures

[sblock Mana Curve]Creatures
1cc - 6
2cc - 5
3cc - 5
4cc - 0
5cc - 1
6cc - 1
7cc - 0

Other Spells
1cc - 1
2cc - 2
3cc - 0
4cc - 2
5cc - 0
6cc - 0
7cc - 0

Total
1cc - 7
2cc - 7
3cc - 5
4cc - 2
5cc - 1
6cc - 1
7cc - 0[/sblock]

Wow, this has to be one of the best card pools I have seen in simulator yet.  Several bombs being passed around, made me want to pull them all, but I stuck with my original 2 colors.  Grim Lavamancer was a must take.  Great card, reusable burn spell effectively, and was possible as a splash color.  Once I was passed Bloodlord of Vaasgoth, I wanted to go for the bloodthirst.  The only thing I would change is probably pull Child of Night over Blood Ogre P3p1, since I was passed another Orge later that pack.  I can't remember ever being so focussed on a specific deck type, especially so early in a draft.

This is a very aggressive deck, that focusses heavily on bloodthirst.  There are several ways to deal damage to an opponent, so activating bloodthirst should not be a problem.  With the Mages, all creatures can come out swinging or be a problem to block.  There are enough evasion creatures in the deck, I didn't include Goblin Tunneler for the Hellhound.  If the game goes long, I can always side it in, but there are enough other good creatures, this won't be the main threat.  With the fliers and unblockable creatures, DD, and creature abilities that deal damage to opponent, it should be quick work ending games.  Removing large creatures may be an issue, unless I have Onyx Mage.  Also enchantments could be an issue, but that is always true of decks.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the deck.  This deck will win matches!  There looked like several other options for color choices in this draft, so eager to see what others choose for draft colors.  Let me know what you think of the draft and deck.
Seems like everyone went r/b. I started off with a blue card, then got passed Bloodlord of Vaasgoth and immeadiately switched into black, soon also taking plenty of red. Did anyone else see that three of my AI guys went w/g? That might just be me, but what with a color fight, the black red decks (mine was almost identical to the others but I had a furyborn hellkite) would mop up (believe me, I've been on the other side).
R/B is just BANANAS.  The only difficult pick for me was P1p2 do I take doomblade or bloodlord?  I'm still not sure if I picked properly:

Round 1:
Grim Lavamancer
Doom Blade
Shock
Blood Seeker
Sorin's Thirst
Goblin Fireslinger
Crimson Mage
Lava Axe
Lava Axe
Goblin Arsonist
Wall of Torches
Goblin Tunneler
Firebreathing
Buried Ruin
Plains

Round 2:
Chandra's Outrage
Duskhunter Bat
Chandra's Outrage
Drifting Shade
Chandra's Phoenix
Act of Treason
Chandra's Outrage
Hideous Visage
Manic Vandal
Tormented Soul
Fiery Hellhound
Fling
Angel's Mercy
Plains
Island

Round 3:
Blood Ogre
Gorehorn Minotaurs
Incinerate
Sorin's Thirst
Goblin Fireslinger
Gorehorn Minotaurs
Goblin Arsonist
Blood Ogre
Mind Rot
Brink of Disaster
Goblin Fireslinger
Disentomb
Smallpox
Mesa Enchantress
Plains

Creatures (20)

Non-Creatures (16)
[deck]
1x Shock
1x Fling
1x Incinerate
1x Doom blade
1x Smallpox
2x Sorin's Thirst
1x Act of Treason
1x Mind Rot
3x Chandra's Outrage
1x Hideous Visage
1x Brink of Disaster
2x Lava Axe
[/deck]

Lands (24)
[deck]
12x mountain
12x Swamp
[/deck]

Creatures-20
1-7
2-5
3-5
4-3
5-0

Non-Creatures-16
1-1
2-6
3-2
4-5
5-2

Total-36
1-8
2-11
3-7
4-8
5-2

What a beautifully low curve.  Light on creatures, but that's okay because it's really heavy on removal.  This deck can get there and do it right.
Huh...?  What was that?  You mean I was only supposed to build a 40 card deck??!!
Whoops. XD

Creatures (14)
[deck]
1x Grim Lavamancer
3x Goblin Fireslinger
2x Goblin Arsonist
1x Tormented Soul
1x Blood Seeker
1x Duskhunter Bat
1x Chandra's Phoenix
2x Blood Ogre
2x Gorehorn Minotaurs
[/deck]

Non-Creatures (9)
[deck]
1x Shock
1x Incinerate
1x Doom blade
1x Act of Treason
3x Chandra's Outrage
2x Lava Axe
[/deck]

Lands (17)
[deck]
10x mountain
7x Swamp
[/deck]

Creatures-14
1-7
2-2
3-3
4-2
5-0

Non-Creatures-9
1-1
2-2
3-1
4-3
5-2

Total-23
1-8
2-4
3-4
4-5
5-2

There.  The chaff is cut. =D  This deck will come out the gates blazing fast and will finish hard and strong with lava axes and 5/5 gorehorns.  Any opposing threats will be burned out of the way (or stolen FTW...literally).

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Still getting used to drafting, but I thought red/black stood out the most, I was tempted to go green off the start because I feel Acidic Slime is a pretty versatile card. In the end though, I think I made a solid enough draft starting with the Lavamancer and following up with some removal. Probably a solid enough deck. Love to hear what you guys think.

Round 1:
Grim Lavamancer
Doom Blade
Shock
Hideous Visage
Goblin Fireslinger
Tormented Soul
Crimson Mage
Goblin Chieftain
Lava Axe
Goblin Arsonist
Wall of Torches
Goblin Tunneler
Firebreathing
Mighty Leap
Plains

Round 2:
Chandra's Outrage
Blood Ogre
Chandra's Outrage
Drifting Shade
Blood Ogre
Crimson Mage
Goblin Arsonist
Hideous Visage
Unsummon
Tormented Soul
Fiery Hellhound
Firebreathing
Gladecover Scout
Angel's Feather
Island

Round 3:
Blood Ogre
Onyx Mage
Incinerate
Act of Treason
Goblin Fireslinger
Stormblood Berserker
Reassembling Skeleton
Blood Ogre
Manic Vandal
Taste of Blood
Goblin Fireslinger
Disentomb
Smallpox
Mesa Enchantress
Plains

Deck:

Creatures: (19)
x3 Goblin Fireslinger
x2 Tormented Soul
x2 Crimson Mage
x1 Onyx Mage
x1 Grim Lavamancer
x1 Goblin Chieftain
x2 Goblin Arsonist
x4 Blood Ogre
x1 Stormblood Berserker
x1 Fiery Hellhound 
x1 Goblin Tunneler

Instant/Sorceries: (11)
x2 Chandra's Outrage
x1 Shock
x1 Doom Blade 
x1 Incinerate
x2 Hideous Visage
x1 Lava Axe
x1 Act of Treason
x2 Fire Breathing

Lands: 

x8 Mountains
 x6 Swamps

My idea was simply early pressure with some burn finishing my opponent off in the end. If I can't finish with burn (maybe because I used it more as removal), I have Hideous Visage to get through defenses along with Fire Breathing to put a creature or two over the top. A couple of Goblins along with Goblin Chieftain can also work well as a finisher. Went with more mountains due to firebreathing and Chandra's Outrage. I could see a couple of matches being ended by a Lava Axe to the face. Blood Ogre is the workhorse here, him with Fire Breathing and his First Strike could be a win in itself. The Mages help out with adding pressure on my cheap creatures but also scaring attackers away. Act of Treason works as a great threat stealer to help with the win. And the final win condition I squeezed in was putting out a Goblin Tunneler to hopefully get Fiery Hellhound through or possibly a Fire Breathing Fireslinger.

So guys, help a newer drafter out, what do you think? Were there better options I may have missed? 

Thanks! 

R/B is just BANANAS.  The only difficult pick for me was P1p2 do I take doomblade or bloodlord?  I'm still not sure if I picked properly:

I agree, P1p2 was a difficult decision.  Both are great cards and worthy of a second pick.  I went with the Bloodlord.  Either one being passed was a signal black was open, but I thought Bloodlord would send a stronger signal, so I took him.
Still getting used to drafting, but I thought red/black stood out the most, I was tempted to go green off the start because I feel Acidic Slime is a pretty versatile card. In the end though, I think I made a solid enough draft starting with the Lavamancer and following up with some removal. Probably a solid enough deck. Love to hear what you guys think.

Round 1:
Grim Lavamancer - Good pick.  I also considered Acidic Slime, but felt the Lavamancer was a better option.
Doom Blade - Both the Blade or Bloodlord of Vaasgoth are good cards.  Bloodlord is the better choice, a bomb, you won't be passed those to often.
Shock - Only choose
Hideous Visage - Good card, but I would have pulled Blood Seeker here.  Visage usually comes around a little later. 
Goblin Fireslinger - Good choose if you're focusing on Bloodthirst.  Sorin's Thirst would be you other option if you were looking for more removal.
Tormented Soul - I like this choose, but others may disagree.  Some would say Bloodrage Vampire is the better choice.
Crimson Mage - Good card, and the only pick here.
Goblin Chieftain - There really isn't much to choose from.  With the lack of goblins I would have choose something else, if there was anything better.  Tectonic Rift would be a better pick, unless you are planning to draft more goblins, because it can be a finisher if your opponent doesn't have fliers and will also slow them down a little.
Lava Axe - not much to choose from.  Ok card.
Goblin Arsonist - good card to pick up late
Wall of Torches - Probably won't play it so I would have taken Brink of Disaster.  It may be an option to sideboard in slower matches.
Goblin Tunneler - Good card to get late.  May come in handy.
Firebreathing - whatever
Mighty Leap - whatever
Plains - whatever

Round 2:
Chandra's Outrage - Volcanic Dragon should have been your choice.  It's a large creature, with haste and flying, will be a problem for opponent.  You may see Outrage later.  Good to see you didn't make the typical beginner mistake of pulling the Djinn.
Blood Ogre - Good choice.
Chandra's Outrage - This should be your first Outrage.  Wring Flesh is another option for removal, but I like Outrage more.  Fiery Hellhound is your other option if you are wanting more creatures.
Drifting Shade - This is expensive for a 1/1.  Even though it is a pumpable flier, I would have went with Wring Flesh for removal or Reassembling Skeleton for a creature.  Skeleton is a better option for a creature, although not great, but can come in handy against a difficult attacker.
Blood Ogre - Good choice
Crimson Mage - Good choice
Goblin Arsonist - I would have went for Diabolic Tutor.  You probably won't see this card again.  Although you don't have a bomb yet, you may pull one next pack and this would help you find it in games.  Definitely should pull Tutor if you choose Bloodlord over the Blade P1p2.
Hideous Visage - Good choose
Unsummon - Nothing in-color to choose from
Tormented Soul - whatever
Fiery Hellhound - great to get late
Firebreathing - whatever
Gladecover Scout - whatever
Angel's Feather - whatever
Island - whatever

Round 3:
Blood Ogre - Good choose
Onyx Mage - Several good cards to choose from in this pack.  The Mage is the best choice.  Gorehorn Minotaurs and Shock are the other good cards.
Incinerate - Good choose
Act of Treason - Decent choice.  Sorin's Thirst may be a better pick.  You do have several removal spells already, making Act of Treason not such a bad pick.
Goblin Fireslinger - Good card
Stormblood Berserker - Best choice, great card.  This can be difficult to deal with.  Gorehorn Minotaurs is the second best pick.
Reassembling Skeleton - Since you didn't get the first one, I like this pick here.  If you had pulled it earlier, I would have chosen Goblin Arsonist.
Blood Ogre - Getting an Ogre late is a gift, they usually go much earlier.
Manic Vandal - Good pick.  Great card to have in sideboard.
Taste of Blood - This won't be played, so I would have chosen Brink of Disaster.  Disaster can be sideboarded in longer matches as another form of removal.  It can also take out a land you want to get rid of, a non-basic or basic land that is for a splash color.
Goblin Fireslinger - only in-color
Disentomb - only in-color
Smallpox - Two in-color cards... both could be a sideboard option, Smallpox will more likely be played.
Mesa Enchantress - whatever
Plains - whatever

Overall, good job for a "newer drafter".  You are lacking larger creatures and have no bombs.  Grim Lavamancer is good, but not really a bomb.  The bombs are your game changers or finishers.  You don't want to rely on them, but they are great to have in a deck.  They usually ensure a win.  There are picks I would have made differently, but this will give you a deck that can win some matches.  Let's look at your deck.

Deck:

Creatures: (19)
x3 Goblin Fireslinger
x2 Tormented Soul
x2 Crimson Mage
x1 Onyx Mage
x1 Grim Lavamancer
x1 Goblin Chieftain
x2 Goblin Arsonist
x4 Blood Ogre
x1 Stormblood Berserker
x1 Fiery Hellhound 
x1 Goblin Tunneler

Instant/Sorceries: (11)
x2 Chandra's Outrage
x1 Shock
x1 Doom Blade 
x1 Incinerate
x2 Hideous Visage
x1 Lava Axe
x1 Act of Treason
x2 Fire Breathing

Lands: 

x8 Mountains
 x6 Swamps

My idea was simply early pressure with some burn finishing my opponent off in the end. If I can't finish with burn (maybe because I used it more as removal), I have Hideous Visage to get through defenses along with Fire Breathing to put a creature or two over the top. A couple of Goblins along with Goblin Chieftain can also work well as a finisher. Went with more mountains due to firebreathing and Chandra's Outrage. I could see a couple of matches being ended by a Lava Axe to the face. Blood Ogre is the workhorse here, him with Fire Breathing and his First Strike could be a win in itself. The Mages help out with adding pressure on my cheap creatures but also scaring attackers away. Act of Treason works as a great threat stealer to help with the win. And the final win condition I squeezed in was putting out a Goblin Tunneler to hopefully get Fiery Hellhound through or possibly a Fire Breathing Fireslinger.

So guys, help a newer drafter out, what do you think? Were there better options I may have missed? 

Thanks!

First off, you are running to many cards and not enough lands.  You want to play a 40 card deck with around 17 lands.  With only 14 lands in a 44 card deck you will be mana screwed often.  If you have Firebreathing main deck, there are options to use the excess mana in late game.  Your best option as a finisher is a late game Fiery Hellhound, Goblin Tunneler with several Mountains in play.  Otherwise you are going to have to give your opponent constant pressure.  Act of Treason is better in this deck, allowing you to use their bomb against them.  Hideous Visage isn't as much a game finisher without the large creatures.  If you don't finish off your opponent, it will leave you vulnerable for their attack.  Blood Ogre are your best creatures, with the exception of the Hellhound/Tunneler combo.  The Ogres will push through the most damage and be very annoying for your opponent with 4-of in the deck.  Use the Onyx Mage's ability on an Ogre to instantly kill any creature trying to block it.  It looks like your best option is to eliminate blockers with your removal spells and pound your opponent with creatures.

I would remove the Firebreathing, Lava Axe, a Goblin Fireslinger and at least one, maybe both, Hideous Visage.  I would also remove Goblin Chieftain.  All your other goblins are 1/1's, 4 of the 6 you currently have in your deck are utility creatures.  This only leaves 2 Goblin Arsonists that will utilize the Chieftain's lord affect.  Not worth leaving in for that.  This will give you enough room to add the proper amount of lands and get you down to a 40 card deck.  Hope this helps.

[sblock Draft]Round 1:
Acidic Slime
Phantasmal Bear
Skinshifter
Griffin Sentinel
Aven Fleetwing
Titanic Growth
Gladecover Scout
Hunter's Insight
Divine Favor
Trollhide
Stave Off
Goblin Tunneler
Llanowar Elves
Buried Ruin
Plains

Round 2:
Djinn of Wishes
Chasm Drake
Jade Mage
Skywinder Drake
Ice Cage
Elvish Archdruid
Phantasmal Bear
Lure
Unsummon
Turn to Frog
Ponder
Unsummon
Gladecover Scout
Angel's Feather
Island

Round 3:
Phantasmal Dragon
Stampeding Rhino
Mana Leak
Brindle Boar
Brindle Boar
Manalith
Arachnus Web
Lord of the Unreal
Runeclaw Bear
Reclaim
Llanowar Elves
Disentomb
Mighty Leap
Mesa Enchantress
Plains
[/sblock]

DECKLIST (40)
LANDS (16)
8 x Island
8 x Forest

CREATURES (14)
2 x Phantasmal Bear
2 x Llanowar Elves
1 x Lord of the Unreal
1 x Skinshifter
1 x Jade Mage
1 x Skywinder Drake
1 x Elvish Archdruid
1 x Aven Fleetwing
1 x Phantasmal Dragon
1 x Acidic Slime
1 x Chasm Drake
1 x Djinn of Wishes

OTHER SPELLS (10)
1 x Ponder
2 x Unsummon
1 x Mana Leak
1 x Turn to Frog
1 x Ice Cage
1 x Titanic Growth
1 x Arachnus Web
1 x Hunter's Insight
1 x Lure

[sblock Mana Curve]Creatures
1cc - 4
2cc - 3
3cc - 2
4cc - 2
5cc - 3
6cc - 0
7cc - 0

Other Spells
1cc - 3
2cc - 4
3cc - 3
4cc - 0
5cc - 0
6cc - 0
7cc - 0

Total
1cc - 7
2cc - 7
3cc - 5
4cc - 2
5cc - 3
6cc - 0
7cc - 0[/sblock]

Since everyone else was drafting I decided to do a draft.  The deck seems strong.  It has a lot of strength in the lower costed cards.  There is some mana acceleration, so casting the 5cc creatures shouldn't be a problem.  Lots of flying also will be a problem for opponent.  It is a little light on removal, but there are a few ways to get blockers out of the way.  Give me your opinion or if you would make any changes.
[sblock Draft]
Round 1:
Grim Lavamancer
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth -- Pretty rare I pass on a Doom Blade, but this was an awesome pack with lots of goodies
Shock
Goblin Tunneler -- I like him better than Blood Seeker in a bloodthirst deck
Sorin's Thirst -- crap, I took the removal, but passing Goblin Fireslinger when going for bloodthirst was not fun
Bloodrage Vampire -- another Goblin Fireslinger, but this guy has bloodthirst and pairs with the Epic Vamp I already have
Crimson Mage
Goblin Chieftain -- Oh sure make the passing of the goblins hurt even more why don't ya?
Disentomb -- I like this better than Lava Axe
Goblin Arsonist -- Goblin who can enable bloodthirst when blocked
Stave Off
Circle of Flame -- Not planning on playing it, but would hate to see it in play across from my weenies
Llanowar Elves
Buried Ruin
Plains

Round 2:
Volcanic Dragon -- Passing on Chandra's Rage was tough, but right call
Blood Ogre -- I like first strike and 2/2 instead of flying 1/1
Chandra's Outrage -- Boy that tabled fast
Reassembling Skeleton -- minor removal an option, but this guy can be really annoying when he doesn't stay dead
Chandra's Phoenix -- This pack shows me red is WIDE OPEN, passing the two best red bloodthirst creatures hurts
Shock -- I might regret not taking mage, but removal is important and also will help pull back Phoenix
Goblin Arsonist -- Really worried about my color balance, but I like him better than tutor
Hideous Visage -- this card can be a finisher
Manic Vandal -- sideboard fodder
Tormented Soul -- Oh yeah!
Fiery Hellhound -- Meet my Tunneller
Fling -- Might only be sideboard, but always nice to have one around
Gladecover Scout
Angel's Feather
Island

Round 3:
Child of Night --- OUCH this was a bad pack, passed Blood Ogre because I really need more black cards
Onyx Mage --- I love this mage, but passing shock and minotaur was painful
Incinerate -- several nice cards for other colors, but easy choice for me
Sorin's Thirst -- more removal and it's black
Goblin Fireslinger -- Enable my bloodthirst cards
Gorehorn Minotaurs -- Hey!  I am glad I found a spot to grab one of you
Gravedigger --  Chose him because he is black and you killed my other creature for a reason, let's bring him back
Blood Ogre -- Wow there as alot of bloodthirst in red this go around
Devouring Swarm -- not sure will make the cut bb in cc makes him less appealing
Brink of Disaster -- at least this card has a remote chance of being in my sideboard options
Goblin Fireslinger -- AWESOME!
Disentomb -- Might be useful
Smallpox -- This is the extreem removal, removal card.  You have to really want it
Mesa Enchantress
Plains
[/sblock]

R/B just screamed at you this week, might even been possible to go straight red with all the blood thirst I had to pass on at some points, but here is what I settled with.

Creatures (18):
Grim Lavamancer
Goblin Arsonist x 2
Goblin Fireslinger x 2
Tormented Soul
Crimson Mage
Goblin Tunneler
Child of Night
Onyx Mage
Blood Ogre x 2
Chandra's Phoenix
Bloodrage Vampire
Gorehorn Minotaurs
Gravedigger
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
Volcanic Dragon

Spells (6):
Shock x 2
Incinerate
Sorin's Thirst x 2
Chandra's Outrage

Lands (16):
Mountain x 10
Swamp x 6

I had to pass so many nice cards because there were too many nice cards in some packs... that made it tough, but I like the deck.  Hardest part was getting it down to only 40 cards.  I like more land than this, but only 9 cards cost more the 2 mana, might have a hard time playing the two big beasts, but so much speed, I almost took them out and left in Goblin Chieftain and Hideous Visage instead.  I might go back and see what a pure red deck might look like.  I think there is plenty of red to do it.

Round 1:
Grim Lavamancer
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
Shock
Blood Seeker
Goblin Fireslinger
Bloodrage Vampire
Crimson Mage
Goblin Chieftain
Disentomb
Phantasmal Bear
Stave Off
Taste of Blood
Llanowar Elves
Buried Ruin
Plains

Round 2:
Chandra's Outrage
Blood Ogre
Chandra's Outrage
Wring Flesh
Gorehorn Minotaurs
Shock
Distress
Stave Off
Manic Vandal
Tormented Soul
Goblin Bangchuckers
Fling
Angel's Mercy
Angel's Feather
Island

Round 3:
Blood Ogre
Gorehorn Minotaurs
Incinerate
Bonebreaker Giant
Goblin Fireslinger
Stormblood Berserker
Reassembling Skeleton
Blood Ogre
Devouring Swarm
Reclaim
Devouring Swarm
Jace's Erasure
Smallpox
Mesa Enchantress
Plains

Wow!  Concentrated fire and blood: quick, deadly, with lots of answers.  It's hard to do much better.

Creatures
Grim Lavamancer
2 x Goblin Fireslinger
Tormented Soul
Crimson Mage
Stormblood Berserker
Reassembling Skeleton
3 x Blood Ogre
Bloodrage Vampire
2 x Devouring Swarm
2 x Gorehorn Minotaurs
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth

Other Spells
2 x Shock
Wring Flesh
Incinerate
Distress
Smallpox
2 x Chandra's Outrage

Land
9 x Mountain
7 x Swamp

Sideboard
Blood Seeker
Manic Vandal
Goblin Chieftain
Goblin Bangchuckers
Bonebreaker Giant
Disentomb
Taste of Blood
Fling

Round 1:
Arbalest Elite
Phantasmal Bear
Angel's Mercy
Stave Off
Timely Reinforcements
Mighty Leap
Divine Favor
Merfolk Mesmerist
Divine Favor
Cancel
Stave Off
Taste of Blood
Island
Tormented Soul
Plains

Round 2:
Unsummon
Turn to Frog
Ponder
Unsummon
Angel's Mercy
Angel's Feather
Jace's Erasure
Redirect
Jace's Erasure
Flashfreeze
Roc Egg
Rampant Growth
Ice Cage
Demystify
Island

Round 3:
Phantasmal Dragon
Divine Favor
Belltower Sphinx
Spirit Mantle
Mighty Leap
Mesa Enchantress
Plains
Lord of the Unreal
Lifelink
Demystify
Swamp
Lifelink
Swamp
Pride Guardian
Wurm's Tooth

So i was looking for the stuff i use for my mil deck and this iswhat came up
Round 1:
Arbalest Elite
Phantasmal Bear
Angel's Mercy
Stave Off
Timely Reinforcements
Mighty Leap
Divine Favor
Merfolk Mesmerist
Divine Favor
Cancel
Stave Off
Taste of Blood
Island
Tormented Soul
Plains

Round 2:
Unsummon
Turn to Frog
Ponder
Unsummon
Angel's Mercy
Angel's Feather
Jace's Erasure
Redirect
Jace's Erasure
Flashfreeze
Roc Egg
Rampant Growth
Ice Cage
Demystify
Island

Round 3:
Phantasmal Dragon
Divine Favor
Belltower Sphinx
Spirit Mantle
Mighty Leap
Mesa Enchantress
Plains
Lord of the Unreal
Lifelink
Demystify
Swamp
Lifelink
Swamp
Pride Guardian
Wurm's Tooth

So i was looking for the stuff i use for my mil deck and this iswhat came up

What is your win condition?  You may use some of these cards in your mill deck, but I don't see enough cards to use mill as a win condition.  The point of this simulator is to practice drafting, like you were to actually build a deck with the cards picked and play in matches.  I count 7 creatures, and 1 spells that creatures tokens which it will definitely do in this deck.  Pack 2 you only drafted 1 creature and that was pick 11.  And you passed on Djinn of Wishes for Unsummon... Wow!  I would happily play you in a draft.

Also with Jace's Erasure why did you pass on Azure Mage if your going for a mill deck?  They work good together.

This is my first post here.
I didn't go for RB as most ppl did. Instead, I've chosen WG. Not bad frankly

Round 1:
Arbalest Elite I never use Grim in draft. Between Slime and the Elite, I will go for the shooter.
Stingerfling Spider Doomblade is good but I want another creature in my deck. So I pick the larger spider. 
Skinshifter Choose between Shock and Skinshifter. Pick Skinshifter for another creature
Griffin Sentinel No better cards better than Griffin
Llanowar Elves Want to take the Hexproof bird but an elf is more important to me for quick win
Griffin Rider Echo with my 4th pick Griffin. Maybe I should pick Titanic Growth
Stonehorn Dignitary Seems my neighbour is not playing green/white.
Lava Axe I've used Hunter's Insight before but it always appears in the wrong timing. I think it's not as great as an lava axe.
Fog Sometimes it turns the tides
Trollhide Very glad that it stills here
Lava Axe Better than the others
Wall of Torches whatever
Goblin Fireslinger I hate this little monster
Buried Ruin whatever
Plains good to have a plain

At this point, I still dun have a key card on hand, wishing an Overrun or Serra but....

Round 2:
Stingerfling Spider The Dragon and Outrage is good. I nearly shift my color to Red. At the latest minute, I pick Spider. That's irrational I know
Garruk's Horde Finally a kill switch comes and no doubt I pick the rare
Jade Mage Very sad that another Outrage appears. Jade Mage, no doubt
Benalish Veteran My deck has little control so I have to kill my opponent quick. I want an rampant growth but I guess noone picks it. Better go for another creature.
Blood Ogre No good pick. Better keep that Ogre
Elvish Archdruid Nice. Dun forget I think an Elf in the first round. 
Arachnus Web Web. Must pick. I still can't find a way to stop opponent's creature.
Stave Off whatever
Bloodrage Vampire better keep another creature
Plummet I know I have a Serra or Archon soon. So take Plummet as sideboard
Goblin Bangchuckers I dun like chaos
Unsummon Sometimes Unsummon works well. Just keep it
Gladecover Scout Another Elf. Good
Angel's Feather I dun like put this stuff in the deck even I am using White
Island

My strategy is obvious. Using Elf to boost my mana and cast creatures as fast as possible. I do hope I have some flying creatures in the next round.  

Round 3:
Dungrove Elder What a rare....sadly i am not playing red
Stampeding Rhino Rhino, another big creature. I think that's enough for my deck
Pacifism Thanks god for another control for my deck
Gideon's Avenger Another Great card but I dun know why I can't see Lawkeeper. Sadly i can't take that pro from creature enchantment
Brindle Boar I need some small creatures now
Stormblood Berserker Hmmm...evil creature
Arachnus Web Another web. Good
Naturalize Actually I want another troll but seems too risky. Take Naturalize as sideboard
Runeclaw Bear Small creature. good
Reclaim I should take troll and takes disenchant this round. Fiasco
Llanowar Elves Another elves. great
Lifelink i dun think i will put it into my deck
Smallpox only idiots pick Manabarb
Mesa Enchantress ...another creature, but i dun like it, needs 2 white to case, it sucks
Plains great to have another plain

Green White is a bit weak I think i should go for Red Green then the deck will be perfect.

Here is the deck    
Creature (with 4+ mana cost)
Garruk's Horde
Stampeding Rhino
Stingerfling Spider x2
Arbalest Elite   

Creature (with 4- mana cost) 
Dungrove Elder
Jade Mage 
Skinshifter 
Runeclaw Bear
Brindle Boar