r/u modern miracle

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

Like everyone else I am creaming at the new Avacon spoilers and I am intrigued by the new Miracle mechanic. Here is a list i've been working up.

Decktop Manipulation:
4x magma jet
4x serum visions
4x Sleight of Hand

Draw/Discard:
4x Faithless Looting

Miracles:
4x Temporal Mastery
4x Thunderous Wrath
4x Tide of Devestation

Creatures:
4x Snapcaster

Other:
3x Noxious Revival
2x Spell Snare
2x Spell Pierce 

Land:
4x Halimar Depths (more manipulation)
17x other

I see it working in explosive bursts. Can-tripping to set up the miracles. Taking extra turns into burning them for 5 or bouncing all their perms. Revivals seem like they should work well.

Thoughts anyone? Ideas?

Like everyone else I am creaming at the new Avacon spoilers and I am intrigued by the new Miracle mechanic. Here is a list i've been working up.

Decktop Manipulation:
4x magma jet
4x serum visions
4x Sleight of Hand

Draw/Discard:
4x Faithless Looting

Miracles:
4x Temporal Mastery
4x Thunderous Wrath
4x Tide of Devestation

Creatures:
4x Snapcaster

Other:
3x Noxious Revival
2x Spell Snare
2x Spell Pierce 

Land:
4x Halimar Depths (more manipulation)
17x other

I see it working in explosive bursts. Can-tripping to set up the miracles. Taking extra turns into burning them for 5 or bouncing all their perms. Revivals seem like they should work well.

Thoughts anyone? Ideas?

i feel the deck may want more disruption, maybe go 3/3 with snare and pierce for snappy to be efficient enough perhaps.
Sleight of hand should not be in the decklist, that was a mental error mistake (for some reason i thought it put a card back on top). Replace it with Condescend.
I hope you don't live under the illusion of you being able to Noxiously Revive Temporal Mastery...

But, I have to wonder, in a deck designed to put instants and sorceries on top of your library, why is Delver of Secrets not included? I'd cut the playset of Faithless Looting for a playset of them.

Also, for what you are going to face, Tide of Devastation seems lackluster, as it is only good when bouncing several expensive creatures. You are probably going to be staring down 2-mana threats such as Tarmogoyf and Dark Confidant, the latter of which you might eventually reward someone for bouncing. Spending your turn bouncing all of their stuff and then watch them drop many if not all into play right afterwards is awkward. Splashing white for Terminus does the job favourably well, but I hardly think it a nice option for the deck. This is an aggro deck, from what I see, so I would propose adding another threat. Sadly, I cannot think of one right now. Perhaps Latch Seeker?
I hope you don't live under the illusion of you being able to Noxiously Revive Temporal Mastery...

But, I have to wonder, in a deck designed to put instants and sorceries on top of your library, why is Delver of Secrets not included? I'd cut the playset of Faithless Looting for a playset of them.

Also, for what you are going to face, Tide of Devastation seems lackluster, as it is only good when bouncing several expensive creatures. You are probably going to be staring down 2-mana threats such as Tarmogoyf and Dark Confidant, the latter of which you might eventually reward someone for bouncing. Spending your turn bouncing all of their stuff and then watch them drop many if not all into play right afterwards is awkward. Splashing white for Terminus does the job favourably well, but I hardly think it a nice option for the deck. This is an aggro deck, from what I see, so I would propose adding another threat. Sadly, I cannot think of one right now. Perhaps Latch Seeker?

yea i completely agree. the decklist ive posted above is pretty ****, but it was just my first splooge of thought with miracles.

it seems obvious that miracles can be good as additions into certain decks, but not centered around the whole miracle theme. I'm trying to make a deck centered around miracles, to see if there can actually be an archtype.

Then this came to my mind: To utilize miracles to their fullest potential, I should try to set up my board so i can cast miracles on each turn (mine and my opponents). This will require me to have instant draw.

I'm slowly working out a list, ill post it up when it gets cooked up. two cards im thinking of are desolate lighthouse and remand. both draw me cards on my opponents turns.

also i think your right about terminus. it seems like a must in my deck, maybe even a couple in the sideboard.

thanks for your comments.

also i disagree about terimnus only beeing effective vs larger creatures. when i play terminus for 1 mana, and it removes even just 1 threat (dark confi or tarmo), i'd say its worth it.
lastly i realize that temporal gets removed when you play it, but when discarded with faithless it can be revived.

i think temporal mastery will do me no good unless i can utilize the advantage of "taking another turn".

if i had a bunch of flying creatures to swing with (maybe an aggro deck), that might be awesome and work well with temporal, but right now i think i want to rely on miracles/burn/ and a few beat sticks to ride me to victory. so i think temporal will come out of my deck for now.\

also its worth 35$..  so meh 
I believe I said Tide of Devastation was not preferrable... Oh well.

Temporal Mastery is not very good in this deck, as you need to do a ton of work for essentially an extra Battle Phase, so I'm glad you caught up on that.

Your plan of axing them repeatedly with Thunderous Wraths still seems legit, though.

Might I suggest making this into a kind-of aggro-control deck with White? White gives you access to Lightning Helix, Geist of Saint Traft, and Path to Exile and Steppe Lynx. (The latter of which you can feel free to cut if you have little access to fetches)

With all those low-cost removal spells and utility spells, what about Isochron Sceptre?

So, if you change the core of your deck to not focus  on miracles, but rather use them as a powerful asset, I'd go for something like this:

I believe I said Tide of Devastation was not preferrable... Oh well.

Temporal Mastery is not very good in this deck, as you need to do a ton of work for essentially an extra Battle Phase, so I'm glad you caught up on that.

Your plan of axing them repeatedly with Thunderous Wraths still seems legit, though.

Might I suggest making this into a kind-of aggro-control deck with White? White gives you access to Lightning Helix, Geist of Saint Traft, and Path to Exile and Steppe Lynx. (The latter of which you can feel free to cut if you have little access to fetches)

With all those low-cost removal spells and utility spells, what about Isochron Sceptre?

So, if you change the core of your deck to not focus  on miracles, but rather use them as a powerful asset, I'd go for something like this:

I actually like the list you've made.. although i didnt see helix or terminus in the list though. I'm not sure about isecron, but i'll work on it and post back later. thanks.
Helix and Path falls under the category "6-8 two-or-less mana removal spells" (Which was what I meant to write)

You should not play Terminus in this deck. It accomplishes nothing here except making it incredibly difficult for you to attack your opponent.