[AVR-ICD] Cavern Of Souls

21 posts / 0 new
Last post

Land- Cavern Of Souls
Land: As Cavern Of Souls enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
t: Add 1 to your mana pool.
t: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to play a creature of the chosen type. That creature cannot be countered.
Rare. 

Didn't see this posted yet. Couldn't believe this was printed, but saw starcity selling them and changed my mind. Seems so broken.
I liked "Monster Cave" more.
Here is the thread: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
It's not that broken, but awesome in tribal decks like humans and zombies.
False, black bear.
I read this originally as Carnival of Souls.
I am so happy that this is not called "Monster Cave."

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

I don't know.  "Cavern of Souls" has "trying too hard to sound fantasy" vibes and doesn't make as much sense with the effect.  A monster cave sounds like something creatures of the same type (not like they'd want to share their cave) would be able to sneak out of before anyone can stop them.

If it's a wolf cave, then BOOM wolves come out whether you like it or not.  If it's a cavern of wolf souls, then... are these spirit tokens or...?
Ridonkulous. Chase Rare of the set for sure.
SwDS: 1/5
I'm sure that if you run it, sometime it will help you get those big token fatties through a counterwall, but really it's not versatile enough to get a higher score. 

Stop the H4TE

I like it, but I would have liked it more if it worked with Tribal spells.
Among the best lands of all time.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
Make no mistake: this is going to turn formats upside-down and shake them.

It will also go for f**-you money.
The more I think about this card, man.

I thought Wizards wanted to avoid cards that EVERY DECK HAD TO RUN FOUR OF.

This thing is literally going to be like $40-50.

Then again KWR is only like $2 right now and that's probably the most used land... so who knows?
Eh... It's only one creature type, and it provides colorless mana. If anything we should look to Boseiju, who shelters all for any comparison. This is also a rare card in a context of mythic rares, and I highly doubt it will be played by any deck. I would rather see it as a sideboard-tech against blue (which hopefully will be a little unsettled by it).

I say it will be vastly overpriced at first, then drop to 7$

Magic Rafiq Control Deck [EDH][1vs1][multiplayer] [] Inferno Beatdown [EDH][multiplayer][1vs1][] Gwendlyn Combo/Control Deck [EDH][1vs1][] Merieke Casual Deck [EDH][multiplayer][] Roleplaying Magician class [D&D 3.5]

it provides coloured mana for creatures of the chosen type
colourless just for anything else.
proud member of the 2011 community team
it provides coloured mana for creatures of the chosen type
colourless just for anything else.

Oh, didn't notice that (as it is kind of unusual). It definantly makes this quite a bit better, but I still don't think it will be much more than 10$.

Magic Rafiq Control Deck [EDH][1vs1][multiplayer] [] Inferno Beatdown [EDH][multiplayer][1vs1][] Gwendlyn Combo/Control Deck [EDH][1vs1][] Merieke Casual Deck [EDH][multiplayer][] Roleplaying Magician class [D&D 3.5]

Currently £17.50 ($25)

It strikes me that this is the snapcaster mage of the set. Fortunately the set will be drafted a lot, so hopefully will not get higher than £25. I have to say, this card seems to have been designed to be a cash cow card. But hopefully it will settle around the inkmoth nexus level.
Most decks in every format will run this, so...this'll have some interesting twists on the meta.  Even decks that aren't tribal will want to line up two or three creature types.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Requesting this thread be locked. Use the previous thread to keep discussing this card.
Do you really think any of the discussion in that thread is more important than a correct thread title?  I request the other thread be locked.
Do you really think any of the discussion in that thread is more important than a correct thread title?  I request the other thread be locked.

I can have the thread title changed tonight.
Amazing control hate that can belong in every tribal deck. Nice

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

Sign In to post comments