Soooo no mythic legendary werewolf?

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
So supposedly all 15 mythics are spoiled and no legendary werewolf, didnt they promise us one. I know it could be a rare but itll be less cool then>.> Anybody know if Im wrong and there still room for itD:
They didn't promise one.   There won't be one.  Maybe a Legendary Wolfir though?
So supposedly all 15 mythics are spoiled and no legendary werewolf, didnt they promise us one. I know it could be a rare but itll be less cool then>.> Anybody know if Im wrong and there still room for itD:

I think werewolves are getting screwed out of mythic legendary as much as I hate to say it. They promised a "werewolf mythic" when Garruk pushed it back but that was probably Huntmaster of the Fells. Which is unfortunate as I really wanted to see Tovlar as a card, but my biggest want is missing too, which is a Ludevic card. Apparently the angels took up too many slots.
Hopefully the Wolfir get more representation
Who knows. I was hoping for some kind of legendary werewolf. Maybe we will get one that is a perma-wolf?

There was a little passage from one of the story articles mentioning that there could be some.

"It is not known whether any werewolves still exist on Innistrad, but some, perhaps many, might have escaped destruction by slayers and rejected Avacyn's eldritch transformation into wolfir. It was theorized that other lands beyond the great seas harbored exotic species of lycanthropes, and it has been speculated that some werewolves of the known world have fled for those far regions."
Well I know the flavour of set would be against the werewolves but It sucks they didnt give more support to werwolves, I know there is still wolfir to see but this is just plain mean. Also mesmerist fiddle so op:p
Well I know the flavour of set would be against the werewolves but It sucks they didnt give more support to werwolves, I know there is still wolfir to see but this is just plain mean. Also mesmerist fiddle so op:p

Ha. He was the first champ I ever played and I love him still but I main Viktor, Twisted Fate and Yorick now :p Back to the werewolf thing Tovlar was supposedly never outside of werwolf form which means he may have been a werewolf/stayed one long enough that it just took over his being making Avacyn's return have no effect on him. It would have also been cool to see him as sort of a patient zero for the lycanthropy on Innistrad.
Who knows. I was hoping for some kind of legendary werewolf. Maybe we will get one that is a perma-wolf?

There was a little passage from one of the story articles mentioning that there could be some.

"It is not known whether any werewolves still exist on Innistrad, but some, perhaps many, might have escaped destruction by slayers and rejected Avacyn's eldritch transformation into wolfir. It was theorized that other lands beyond the great seas harbored exotic species of lycanthropes, and it has been speculated that some werewolves of the known world have fled for those far regions."

Honestly,  I think that paragraph is just foreshadowing the return to Innistrad in several years.
Well seeing a exclusive werewolf legendary would make sense, doesnt have to be dual faced might take the power away from him if he is. First person to hear main viktor I wanna like him cuz his lore is like a replica of phyrexia, still he is too wonky. Just very strange how this set leads onto the idea of having a werewolf legendary cuz they always make a legendary for a sets tribal>.>
Well seeing a exclusive werewolf legendary would make sense, doesnt have to be dual faced might take the power away from him if he is. First person to hear main viktor I wanna like him cuz his lore is like a replica of phyrexia, still he is too wonky. Just very strange how this set leads onto the idea of having a werewolf legendary cuz they always make a legendary for a sets tribal>.>

The way werewolves were templated in ISD and DKA, the term "Legendary" wouldn't fit on the front-side typeline: "Legendary Creature - Human Werewolf" is too long. I'm not saying this is why one doesn't exist, but it's something to think about. I can see a single-faced "Legendary Creature - Werewolf" existing, but if all the mythics are already spoiled, it would have to be just a rare.
Guys, Thalia wasn't a mythic.  What makes you think that the legendary no-flip werewolf would be?  While the Mythic Rare slot was originally designed to house flavorful and exciting rare cards, Wizards has been doing a crappy job of actually making sure things didn't slip through the cracks back to rare.

If we get our werewolf, he'll be the rare odd man out just like Thalia was while everyone else got to be mythic.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Feels like a good set-up for coming back to Innistrad. Exotic lycanthropes? Like WereBears/WereBoars/WereRats/WereTigers??

There is still a possibility of Tovolar showing up in this set as a rare Legendary werewolf.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />The way werewolves were templated in ISD and DKA, the term "Legendary" wouldn't fit on the front-side typeline: "Legendary Creature - Human Werewolf" is too long.

Moot point.
They can and have adjusted the font size for cards with very long type lines.
It doesn't matter, Thoctar. The legendary would likely be Tovolar, who has no human form.
It doesn't matter, Thoctar. The legendary would likely be Tovolar, who has no human form.

I meant in regards to a theoretical DFC Legendary Werewolf.

I'm still holding my breath for Tovalar.
I'm not 100%, but in addition to saying there were no DFCs in AVR, didn't MaRo say there would be no werewolves either?
Lwgendary mythic werewolf was to be in DKA but was abandoned due to concept difficulty combining Legendary rules with DFCs
pretty crappy mythics no doubt although they r going for flavour first some are just bs taking story flavour over design flavour>.>
Mistform Ultimus puts on a werewolf costume and howls at the moon.

I wouldn't expect a single Legendary werewolf, but a Legendary Werewolf pack. A group of Werewolves that has a legendary name from their actions.
Any one find it odd that there were so many WereWolves in the 1st two sets of this block and now we only have 2 Wolfir cards shown so far? You would think since WOTC made such a big deal about the WereWolf to Wolfir thing that there would be about the same number if not more that the werewolf ards in the 1st two sets of this block?
I gotta say that I hate this set so far. Over 50% has been (unoffically) spoiled with no werewolves, and all of the two wolfir that have released have the "Wolf" subtype. A brand new, flavorful tribe who desperately needed more creature cards under its belt got royally shafted.

Thank Wizards. Thanks a lot. Cry 
I gotta say that I hate this set so far. Over 50% has been (unoffically) spoiled with no werewolves, and all of the two wolfir that have released have the "Wolf" subtype. A brand new, flavorful tribe who desperately needed more creature cards under its belt got royally shafted.

Thank Wizards. Thanks a lot.  

Yeah, don't hold your breath for Werewolves. They're probably all Wolfir now.

Keep in mind, though, that every Werewolf tribal card in the block (exception of Full Moon's Rise) is templated to affect Wolf creatures as well... and I bet that the Wolfir are the reason. Flavorfully, they aren't werewolves, so they can't give them the subtype, but even so, Werewolf decks are getting some love.
Rules Nut Advisor

Thank Wizards. Thanks a lot.  

Yeah, don't hold your breath for Werewolves. They're probably all Wolfir now.

Keep in mind, though, that every Werewolf tribal card in the block (exception of Full Moon's Rise) is templated to affect Wolf creatures as well... and I bet that the Wolfir are the reason. Flavorfully, they aren't werewolves, so they can't give them the subtype, but even so, Werewolf decks are getting some love.

Also Terror of Kruin Pass's ability.

Really I think they didn't make a legendary DFC Werewolf because Legendary goes wonky with being a DFC. There's no way to work it without it being unintuitive and clunky. We got our Mythic Werewolf, he just wasn't legendary.

They could also do a Legendary Wolfir, now that they don't have to worry about it being a DFC, it'd just be a Rare instead.

(Ultimately I am sad that Werewolves didn't get more development. They had a lot of potential.)

Edit: Note that the Legendary Conflict doesn't apply to Garruk's DFC, because you don't care about the name of a Planeswalker Card, you care about their type. Garruk is Garruk on both sides, so there's no confusion.
Guild banners by Blitzschnell, click the banner to get your own.
Didn't wizards say that after this block or m13 they are stopping with doing mythics or has my insomnia really caught up to me?
Photobucket
Do we know for sure there are only 15 mythics in AVR? I believe Innistrad had 16.
I believe the 16th Mythic was Garruk DFC. Shame, I enjoyed Werewolves and I striped my Werewolf deck today  

Moot point.
They can and have adjusted the font size for cards with very long type lines.

Thanks. I assumed that they could change the font size, but I wasn't aware that they had actually done it in the past.
Might be a reasonable card to put into the next Commander set.  You could even make it red/green/black, so you could play with Werewolves of the Lesser and Greater variety.
MaRo confirmed today that there is no Legendary werewolf in AVR. No Tovolar...
However, a Mtyhic Wolfir is still on the table!!!

Maybe.
However, a Mtyhic Wolfir is still on the table!!!

Maybe.

I woulnd't put it past maro, he's donw trickey things like that before.