Colorless Hybrid Symbols

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
As far as I'm aware, the colorless hybrid cards in Shadowmoor (Like spectral procession) all used multiple color symbols without any non-color/non-hybrid symbols in them. The cost on them all looks very aesthetic. What about a cost like or ? Are costs like this appealing? Does it matter? I'm trying to incorporate colorless hybrid, but find myself generally disliking costs that look like that. However, I feel constrained if I need to only used hybrid symbols in a hybrid cost. Am I just being neurotic?
The cost on them all looks very aesthetic.

Hmm.

Anyway, yes, mixing normal colourless mana symbols and colourless hybrid symbols looks a little ugly. Buuuut if it serves the needs of your set adequately, do it.
Personally, I think that doing would be fine. Like how the phyrexian mana symbols say "this is a [color] card, and you should be paying [color] for this, but 2 life is an acceptable alternative." The hybrid symbols say it the same way.

In retrospect, I'm not sure if anything I just said makes any sense. 

On that note, I'd love to one day see cards that cost :wb:. Alternative mana cost overload ftw! 
I see no problem with this whatsoever.
I'm waiting for mana symbols that let you pay with either 1 snow or 1 Phyrexian colored mana.
I'm waiting for mana symbols that let you pay with either 1 snow or 1 Phyrexian colored mana.

Nay, first we must make colored Snow mana and tribrid mana. Then a card can cost //
IMAGE(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1374/linkaraemrakul.png)
Dealing with the power levels could be tricky, but I personally like to use the colorless hybrids.
For example, the following would be perfectly fine to me...

Yotian Guard

Artifact Creature - Soldier
Vigilance
1/4

or

Diabolic Contraption

Artifact Creature - Construct
: Regenerate Diabolic Contraption.
4/4

However, on the latter, I would find the following much less appealing...even though it has the same cmc and is probably more balanced.

Diabolic Contraption

4/4

And the following looks a little inelegant and would probably be pushing the power level too much...still with the same cmc...

Diabolic Contraption

4/4