A minotaur Paladin of Baphomet

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
How important is a 4e deitiy too its divine character (paladin or cleric) I want to play an ignorant Minotaur who worships Baphomet beliving that he lead his people into wisdom. I couldn't find much information about him what would be a good source to use. Is there some kind of channel divinity for him?
I don't believe there's a Channel Divinity for him, most likely not. There is however, one, if not multiple articles on Minotaurs, which have some info on Baphomet. I would suggest though, that you read the article(s) first because you may find inspiration for your character- either in the fact that he does follow Baphomet, or perhaps fighting the inner struggle against Baphomet's influence in favor of a more, well, non-evil deity.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
I don't believe there's a Channel Divinity for him, most likely not. There is however, one, if not multiple articles on Minotaurs, which have some info on Baphomet. I would suggest though, that you read the article(s) first because you may find inspiration for your character- either in the fact that he does follow Baphomet, or perhaps fighting the inner struggle against Baphomet's influence in favor of a more, well, non-evil deity.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks, ill go off to google then

I was thinking of a "good" guy that is in a way brainwashed by Baphomet, he just thinks that this is whats good for his people and his tribe, he was raised that way, though there is a great capacity within him to be a hero he just happened to fall into the wrong tribe of Baphomet fanatics
From the way I understand it almost all minotaurs know who and what he is and the racial descriptions for minotaurs really pushes flavor (in a good way) about how the minotaur always has to wrestle their inner demon to stay civilized vs. giving into the rage (hulk). To me a blackguard makes more sense for someone who would be a minotaur and openly follow him. Roleplay wise I could see you pulling it off but when someone tells him the truth will he stop worshiping and thus lose his powers?
I'd second the Blackguard idea...you could fluff your summon as Baphomet's 'inner demon' who haunts you, but is still helpful- because after all, a dead servant is of no use to the Horned One, or is he?
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Honestly, i could see it either way. Original paladins may not have the Vice of Fury flavor, but certain powers even in the low levels can imitate a moment of pure rage such as Blood of the Mighty. if you use lay on Hands on yourself, then you could reflavor it as just shrugging off pain as you channel the inner beast. But Blackguard does have a more striker feel from the get-go...

If you do play as an original paladin, the divine apsect will probably need to be reflavored even if the mechanics are the same. Baphomet is after all a Demon prince/lord, not a god of the Astral sea. Just something to ponder.

By the way, you do not have to lose your powers if you learn the truth about the Demon Lord. This kind of thing was a problem in earlier editions with codes and alignments and deities. 4th edition designers wanted to allow a paladin more moral flexability so that they are not bound to a stict code that could forfeit all of thier cool powers.

Paladins are not granted their powers directly by their deity, but instead through various rites performed when they first become paladins. Most of these rites involve days of prayer, vigils, tests and trials, and ritual purification followed by a knighting ceremony, but each faith has its own methods. This ceremony of investiture gives a paladin the ability to wield divine powers. Once initiated, the paladin is a paladin forevermore. How justly, honorably, or compassionately the paladin wields those powers from that day forward is up to him, and paladins who stray too far from the tenets of their faith are punished by other members of the faithful.    

Thats from the Compendium. 

Of course, Dm and house rules come first. if thats what he insists and you are fine with it, thats a totaly different domain.

Hope this helps      

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

TheForgottenCommand what Compendium is this info in? Kinda sounds like something I've been searching for all my life. Lol!

I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NWN 2)

If you have a D&D Insider Account, you gain access to different tools ranging from the Character Builder to the Compendium. The Compendium is a collection of rules, feats, paragon paths, epic destinies, definitions of certain words or actions, rituals, items and other useful things taken from all current rule and source books published by WotC.

That specificaly was from the...Player's Handbook i think (sorry, i just lent my copy to a new player of mine, otherwise i would have looked it up to be sure.)

Hope this helps   

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Sign In to post comments