Augmentable powers on non psionic characters

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Quick One:

Can a character like a warrior or warlock, use Power Points gained with a paragon path to augemnt powers?

thanks in advanceĀ 
No, you need the Psionic Augmentation Class Feature to augment powers.
No, you need the Psionic Augmentation Class Feature to augment powers.

This is no longer true, as of the Rules Compendium (page 115). If you have power points (no matter how you got them), you can augment powers that have the 'augmentable' keyword.

EDIT: Scratch, that. What Alcestis said was actually never true, even in PHB3 (see page 216). All you need is a power with the 'augmentable' keyword and a source of power points. The 'Psionic Augmentation' class feature is mentioned only as one possible source of power points, not as a prerequisite for augmenting powers.

"My flying carpet is full of elves."

Worth noting, however, that most non-class sources of augmentable powers (cf Dilettante) explicitly remove the Augmentable keyword from those powers.

You could augment your PP encounter power just fine, though, assuming it has augments.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
You can also augment one of the numerous magic items with an augmentable power attached.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Wow I flubbed that. Can't remember why I thought you needed the class feature. Ah well, thanks Duskweaver.