Fungal behemoth and a question about first strike.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
1. Ok so Fungal Behemoth regarding his ability, I have a creature with 1 +1/+1 counter on them, I summon Fungal Behemoth he is now a 1/1 creature, alright so here is the real question, if i put 5 +1/+1 counter on him, will he get 10? 5 for the ability and 5 from those counters I put on him?

2. Does first strike carry over to other blockers? if i defend a Porcelain Legionnaire with 2 creatures both 1/1 do they both die and the legionnaire live?
1. Yes, +1/+1 counters placed on Fungal Behemoth essentially give him +2/+2 for each counter. He gets +1/+1 from the counter itself and +1/+1 due to his characteristic-defining ability.

2. If you block Porcelain Legionnaire with two 1/1 creatures, your opponent can certainly assign lethal damage to both of them in the first combat damage step, killing them both and ensuring they aren't around to deal damage to the Legionnaire in the regular combat damage step.
Rules Advisor - 10/24/2010
Thank you for your quick reply.
Appreciated. 
Appreciated. 

No problem. Note that your Fungal Behemoth question is answered in the rulings for Fungal Behemoth in Gatherer. No problem asking here, but sometimes that's even quicker!
Rules Advisor - 10/24/2010
Appreciated. 

No problem. Note that your Fungal Behemoth question is answered in the rulings for Fungal Behemoth in Gatherer. No problem asking here, but sometimes that's even quicker!

Ahh i see, i'll keep in mind to check Gatherer first from now on
thanks.
 Note that your Fungal Behemoth question is answered in the rulings for Fungal Behemoth in Gatherer. No problem asking here, but sometimes that's even quicker!

Nicely said. May I borrow that line?