[AVR-ICD] Porter of the Dead

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Porter of the Dead erdana,sans-serif">
Creature – Vampire (C)

When Porter of the Dead dies, return target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.

3/2
mini-reveillark.  interested in seeing where this one goes.
Vampire butler?  Seems OK if it's the top of your curve.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

That's it.  I'm building Esper Wannabe Lark.  It's destiny.  But why can't you blink this?
Wizards ate my account that needed no sig, so I guess I need one now.
Not bad, a solid card
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
this guy seems really cool.
That's actually not too bad.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
snapcaster again? Don't mind if I do
This is good.  Shenanigans will happen.
Really good for a common.
Seems awesome for GB pod. Get an acidic slime AND bring back Strangleroot Geist? I can see why they thought pod was going to be OP 
Seems like one of the stronger black cards for limited in the set won't be constructed playable though.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Saffi Eriksdotter approves of this card.
Huh. Other than Myr Superion, what would the cheesiest targets for this thing be in formats that don't have better things to think about?
1:

The first place where I know this will be amazing is in Pauper. This kind of effect is something that has been missing, though it would be quite good there, and there are a lot of decks that could use it effectively, especially the Tortured Existence decks.

2:

This might be good enough in competitive constructed decks. Maybe there is a deck that wants this alongside Reveillark? Maybe this is good enough in Standard next to Havengul Lich? I'm not sure, but it seems like this has a place somewhere, which is saying something for a common.

3:

This is about as good as Gravedigger, which is a very strong card in limited. Getting something directly into play is pretty good, but you only get to get cheap things, where Gravedigger could get anything. Also, its much hard to control the effect. But this is still a great card, and it will often be better than Gravedigger in aggressive decks. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
Phantasmal Image Snapcaster Mage and Myr Superion are the only decent targets I see in a quick gatherer scan.  The Superion is useless in a deck like this, so the only deck floating around I see it benefiting is Solar Flare, which is dead in my meta at least and woulnd't have the time or space for it anyway.  Unless we see some cards for crazy GY shenanigans, I don't think this will go anywhere.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. How to Create
Show
replace {} with [] {sblock} at the beginning and {/sblock} at the end.
I borrowed this from blood77. All credit goes to him. Great idea for a signature and I'm tired of people not autocarding decks. How to Auto Card
Show
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
Show
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck Auto Deck
Show
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4 Halimar Depths 4 Unstable Frontier 8 Island 4 Swamp Creatures 12 4 Hedron Crab 4 Nemesis of Reason 4 Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4 Spreading Seas 4 Suffer the Past 4 Mind Funeral 4 Archive Trap 4 Ponder 4 Into the Roil 4 Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Result
Other sites are listing this as Uncommon. The spanish-language leak of this particular card is very blurry, so it's hard to tell if the set symbol looks grey because it's a blurry black over a blurry white background, or grey because it's grey.

Trying to compare with other blurry images makes me think this one really is Common. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. Direct graveyard-to-play recursion hasn't been on a common in a long time, but this could be this set's 'hell yes' common for black, like Kiln Fiend or Angel of Dawn(that 2/4 flying lifelink one).
Huh. Other than Myr Superion, what would the cheesiest targets for this thing be in formats that don't have better things to think about?

Too easy ...  Phantasmal Image.

If this is in play, then you get a Phantasmal Image that can bring it self back over and over and you get infinite (?) sacrifice engine. =)
Otherwise you can throw Image in early game to copy a dork and if it dies, bring it back with this a copy a fatty.

I also wonder how it would work in a rockish build with something like, Strangleroot Geist or Mayor of Avabruck

Cheers
Whoa whoa whoa. Let me get this straight, black got something decent? What's going on here? Also, fantastic in limited.
This is a great card. Just awesome. A mini reveillark? Yes please! Thank god for this card!

SwDS: 0/5 

Stop the H4TE

When I first read the card I thought it said POWER 2 or less, and I was so excited for the possibilities in Birthing Pod.

And now I'm a sad panda ):
Lark was good, and I think this will see play too.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Sign In to post comments