[AVR-ICD] Summon the Crazed

63 posts / 0 new
Last post
Summon the Crazed
Sorcery (C)

Put three 1/1 red Human creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield. Sacrifice them at the beginning of the end step.

NOTE: Name and casting cost are not confirmed.
Huh.

So a better spark elemental. Neat. If R/U delver becomes a thing, I could see this seeing play. 

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

As if the RW token deck needed more silliness.
Cute. I want to play it with Parallel Lives and Coat of Arms

36 power worth of attackers for R?

*Sigh* If I must...

Vampire Feeder in the correct color? Wow.

Yes please! I like the possibilities with this one.

Vampire Feeder in the correct color? Wow.

Uh. Yes? My humans deck is Boros anyways. My Champions need a change of pantaloons now.
Everything about this card makes me so happy. Not better than Spark Elemental though because most of the time at least one of these will be blocked without trading, netting you less damage on your opponent.

RW Humans is seriously looking like a killer deck with this and the new tribal land.
WIN in my sac human deck
WIN in my standard RDW
such a nice card! 
Boros: wave of the future. Got my clifftop retreats early, it'll jump after AVR hits for sure.
Boros: wave of the future. Got my clifftop retreats early, it'll jump after AVR hits for sure.

*after sword of war and peace rotates
I could have sworn I'd heard something from MaRo or somewhere, that human tokens weren't coming back in AVR.
With this set, Wizards just pushed low-tier Burn into mid-tier in Legacy.

"Just put +1/+1 counters!" -Wizards new motto

OMFG

Well...this is in the running for "best sacrifice fodder card ever printed".  Well...ok, probably still doesn't beat Tombstone Stairwell, but still, three bodies for 1 mana...not sure how else you can get that.

mediocre if you're just using it as a burn spell, though; you need synergies.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

'Bout time they printed this.

Awesome card. 
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
So, without shenanigans (which you should be using), this would be like an Arc Lightning that lets your opponent choose where the damage goes instead of you. 
holy crap this is good.
Yet again, some more face-smashy cheap red stuff!
So, without shenanigans (which you should be using), this would be like an Arc Lightning that lets your opponent choose where the damage goes instead of you. 

I dig this with Cathar's crusade. At single R, bashes for 12.
If Limited gets in the way of printing good Constructed cards... Screw limited
And since you're playing red/white, you might as well invite Gisela and make it double.
This is amazing with the RW utility land maybe tokens will become a deck.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Kuldotha Ritual was good, this likely will too. With sac outlets, token boosters, and human tribal this has uses.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
This card seems really nice with Champion of the Parish, that Cathar enchantment, and any number of sacrifice outlets. I can see it being very useful in my RW EDH tokens deck, alongside In the Web of War, Glory of Warfare, Intangible Virtue, etc.
I like this. In a perfect world (and on the draw)...

T1: Plains, Champion of the Parish
T2: Mountain, Champion of the Parish
T3: Mountain, Summon the Crazed, Infernal Plunge, Summon the Crazed, Summon the Crazed, Summon the Crazed

Attack with two Champion of the Parish, one with 13 +1/+1 counters and the other with 12, along with eleven 1/1 tokens.

Granted, you'd have to make a pretty crummy deck for this to work, but... still... 
If the mana cost is correct then this card is awesome!
As ayefightbears says, this with Champion of the Parish is just absolutely nuts:

Turn 1 - Champion
Turn 2 - 2xSummon the Crazed (hit for 13)
Turn 3 - Your 7/7 champion is lethal all by himself.
As ayefightbears says, this with Champion of the Parish is just absolutely nuts:

Turn 1 - Champion

It's also impossible to do this in Standard.

Turn 1 - Champion

T1 Plains, Champ
T2 Mountain, Memnite, Infernal Plunge, Summon the Crazed, Summon the Crazed, Summon the Crazed, and, if on the draw, Gutshot for GG 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Ooh. Might kick Dragon Fodder out of my Devour deck.

Turn 1 - Champion

T1 Plains, Champ
T2 Mountain, Memnite, Infernal Plunge, Summon the Crazed, Summon the Crazed, Summon the Crazed, and, if on the draw, Gutshot for GG 

8 out of 8 or 9 of 9 cards. It's the definition of a god hand, and statistically one of the hardest to pull off (requiring 3 of the same card). 

The card is good, and it is good with champion. No need trying to act like god hands are why. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
A more realistic draw might be Plains, Champion, into Clifftop Retreat, Champion, Summon the Crazed, swing for 8, with a 5/5 and 4/4 on the battlefield.
forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?a...

This card is on the right. It costs 2R.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?a...

This card is on the right. It costs 2R.

My heart shrunk 3 sizes today... I was really looking forward to this being just R.
Way to ruin a perfectly good card. Even at 1R it's be playable. At 2r it's probably just a waste of space.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
From awesome to awful.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Turn 1 - Champion

T1 Plains, Champ

8 out of 8 or 9 of 9 cards. It's the definition of a god hand, and statistically one of the hardest to pull off (requiring 3 of the same card). 

The card is good, and it is good with champion. No need trying to act like god hands are why. 

I care ZERO.  I was just showing Indigo that it was not only possible, but that I could do better ;)

Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Spanish leak seems to place this at

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."
On Worldbuilding - On Crafting Aliens - Pillars of Art and Flavor - Simulationism, Narritivism, and Gamism - Shub-Niggurath in D&D
THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Spanish leak seems to place this at

Updated the card text to reflect this sad reveal...

Turn 1 - Champion

*Shakes fist at updated card text*

You win this round, Indigo! 
Show