Last post
Question about kessig wolf run

My opponent has 5 life left

In my combat phase I declared my attackers 

Primeval titan, Hunt master of the fells and 2/2 wolf creature token

my opponent declares his/her blockers

Suntitan blocks Primeval titan 

Phantasmal bear blocks huntmaster

he/she has one creature left (lets say 5/5 creature)  and decided that he/she will take the damage instead of my 2/2 wolf token creature
(note: He/she has 3 life left)

in response I tell him/her that I will pump the wolf with my kessig wolf run for 3 so that I can win the game

Question 1 : Can my opponent suddenly assign another blocker(the 5/5 creature that I mentioned awhile ago) or otherwise change his decision after he/she declared the blockers?

Question 2 : Can I activate kessig wolf run as if it was an instant?

Question 1 : Can my opponent suddenly assign another blocker(the 5/5 creature that I mentioned awhile ago) or otherwise change his decision after he/she declared the blockers?

No. Blockers are only declared as the Declare Blockers step begins. They cannot be declared at any other time.

Yes, activated abilities can be played any time you could cast an instant.

No. Blockers are only declared as the Declare Blockers step begins. They cannot be declared at any other time.

Yes, activated abilities can be played any time you could cast an instant.

how about this sir 

after my opponent declared the blockers I suddenly pumped my primeval titan for 5 (this creature is being block by a sun titan) suntitan = 6/6 and primeval 11/6 

Can you check if im correct

Both creatures will die then my opponent will take 5 damage because of trample and +5 damage from my kessig wolf run.  
Yes, that's correct.
MTG Rules Advisor
Can you check if im correct

Both creatures will die then my opponent will take 5 damage because of trample and +5 damage from my kessig wolf run.  

Just to clarify, the creatures and your opponent will take damage simultaneously, not one before the other.

Cheers
I am bumping this because I have a question along the same lines.

he/she has one creature left (lets say 5/5 creature)  and decided that he/she will take the damage instead of my 2/2 wolf token creature
(note: He/she has 3 life left)

in response I tell him/her that I will pump the wolf with my kessig wolf run for 3 so that I can win the game

Question:  Can my opponent use vapor snag on my pumped wolf creature at this point?  If so, does the damage still count?
Question:  Can my opponent use vapor snag on my pumped wolf creature at this point?

It's an instant, and it has no timing restrictions, so it can be cast during the declare blockers step, even in response to Kessig Wolf Run's ability.
If so, does the damage still count?

What damage?
506.4. A permanent is removed from combat if it leaves the battlefield, if its controller changes, if it phases out, if an effect specifically removes it from combat, if it's a planeswalker that's being attacked and stops being a planeswalker, or if it's an attacking or blocking creature that regenerates (see rule 701.12) or stops being a creature. A creature that's removed from combat stops being an attacking, blocking, blocked, and/or unblocked creature. A planeswalker that's removed from combat stops being attacked.

Combat damage can only be assigned and dealt by a creature.  It can not be assigned and dealt by an empty spot on the table where a creature used to be.

No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.

next time please make a new thread instead of bumping an old one, then you don't have to wait so long for an answer
proud member of the 2011 community team
Sign In to post comments