air raids on airfields

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am coming back to Axis and Allies after several years, so please excuse the newbie question. Where can I find rules for an air raid on an airfield?
I am coming back to Axis and Allies after several years, so please excuse the newbie question. Where can I find rules for an air raid on an airfield?

There are no airfields in AAM, planes are simply off map when not deployed and cannot be attacked.
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
Thanks for your reply. The original game did have airfields. They were giveaway hexes players got, along with free minis, when playing AAM at a participating game store on AAM night. I wondered if they went anywhere on those hexes.
You are refering to the Combat Zone hexes. OK, soldiers get cover and they do not block LOS. I don't recall any rules for attacking planes at them though.
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
Tried to post right after you did flooglestreet but got distracted. Its in tile set three. I am unable to post a link at this time.

Does any one have that link still? As I recall it is a bear to find. I have a direct link at home but alas I am currently in a remote location.

GW
Your Avalon Hill VCL 0c9b9c4639e3c9294f5e1f424cee47a3.jpg?v=42600
Ps I seem to remember a scenario that had rules for air raids but it may have been player written.

GW
Ps I seem to remember a scenario that had rules for air raids but it may have been player written. GW

Didn't you write rules for leaving planes in an airfield hex?
I did a printable Enhance Air Phase rule set that we still use today.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

I know we have discussed attacking air fields and did some play testing but I don't recall anything being packaged out side of scenario specific special rules.

GW
Tried to post right after you did flooglestreet but got distracted. Its in tile set three. I am unable to post a link at this time. Does any one have that link still? As I recall it is a bear to find. I have a direct link at home but alas I am currently in a remote location. GW

It isn't in the combat zone tile set three, I just checked that out.
www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/ah2... 
I know I saw them somewhere too, and now I have to find them,
I just have to remember where I downloaded them from...

Since I now have over 10,210 points for army builds (yes, 102 times 100 pt armies) I thought it was time for a promotion.
So the only copies I was able to find were right here on the forum.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Since I now have over 10,210 points for army builds (yes, 102 times 100 pt armies) I thought it was time for a promotion.