[AVR-ICD] Appetite for Brains

45 posts / 0 new
Last post

Appetite for Brains |
Sorcery (U)
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose a card from it with converted mana cost 4 or greater and exile that card.
Just as with a peach, the first bite is always the juiciest.
Image looks terrible and fake. Source?
Yeah, where's this from? I don't see it on MTGS...
I'm guessing this is going to be another horrorcane?

Edit:nvm, got ninja'd by proof 
www.facebook.com/StarCityGames

Awesome. One of the best named cards to date. /not sarcasm
Right on, carry on then.
I kind of like it. Wish it was CMC 3 or less though.
Don't worry guys, the zombie is just practicing mutualism and helping the guy out by eating that annoying little dude.

Me too. Inquisition of Kozilek was pretty awesome, I'm not sure how to feel about this one though.

Inquisition of Kozilek already exists.
Even if this card sucked I would still love it.

Not in standard. And Black could really use Inquisition back. This one's not even as good as Despise.

Not in standard. And Black could really use Inquisition back. This one's not even as good as Despise.

The last thing Modern needs is decks packing 8 Inquisitions.

The last thing Modern needs is decks packing 8 Inquisitions.

It's only modern; they can always ban one or two of them on a whim.
The only time I can think of really wanting this, is to hit Force.

Which Duress and Cabal Therapy do better. 

Still, I love targetted one-mana discard. And this card is awesome. 
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
flavorful, since i could see zombie decks bringing this in from the board right now. 
good luck frites
Ehhhh.
I take back my statement. Hitting Day is pretty awesome in Standard for aggro decks.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
This is the kind of card that's only relevant in standard because eternal decks don't really run 4-mana cards too often.

That said, I'd say it's reasonably solid in standard.  Takes out Day of Judgement.  Takes out Titans/Sphynxes.  Takes out most walkers.

Probably still sideboard only, granted (due to the amount of aggro in the format). 

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

This is a lot worse than Despise.  There are like 2 playable CMC >4 cards that aren't creatures or PW, compared to about 50 creatures with CMC <4.
This card is pretty sweet... like an inverted Inquisition of Kozilek (with added bonus).  I'm glad to see more targetted discard in Standard.
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

Going to be very meta dependent, but if they end up pushing up the costs of cards (atm it looks like they might be) this should be decent. Even then this should make for a good sideboard card. 
I love how instead of discarding the card, it exiles it. NOT COMING BACK!
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Basically Despise is better in standard for the most part and Inquisition + Thoughtseize is better in modern so I don't like its chances of seeing play.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

This is neat.  And I like the flavor a lot.
Too risky to run this main probably, great sideboard card against decks like G/X Ramp and Esper Control though. If only it hit Lingering Souls

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Excellent flavor and especially art!

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I love how instead of discarding the card, it exiles it. NOT COMING BACK!

Oh it's coming back alright. Just in the form of a zombie poo instead. Warm and moist from all that juice.
I assume the best cards for each color are spoiled first... Yay...?
Not good. This is not going to see much play anywhere.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
While I am not sure how this will work in the current standard (where most decks, like Delver, don't run many 4+ drops), in older formats this can be ruining.  Turn 1 this getting rid of JTMS then slam a Surgical Extraction could ruin a lot of decks.
While I am not sure how this will work in the current standard (where most decks, like Delver, don't run many 4+ drops), in older formats this can be ruining.  Turn 1 this getting rid of JTMS then slam a Surgical Extraction could ruin a lot of decks.

This exiles the card so no extraction shenanigans, unfortunately.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/3/39/Mirrodin_Loyalty.png) thanks to gamma-mage for the awesome banner
Yeah, this is a block only discard spell at best. A great card for limited only. Thanks Rosewater.
Even if this card sucked I would still love it.

Yeah me too. BRRRAAAINNSS

I dig it, its like Inquisition of Gaddock Teeg

really, this looks like a decent way to deal with decks like FRites post rotation, if that kinda thing becomes the best deck around...also, while i dont LIKE it in legacy, it does stop jace/force/sneak attack/a hand full of stuffs...in modern i am pretty sure it is just worthless, and i dont see what it does in legacy that duress doesnt, but it should be pretty usefull in T2...and seriously: APPETITE FOR BRAINS!!! 

To me, there is no such thing as an evil personality trait or spiritual condition. There is only sin, concrete and deliberate action that is simply wrong. It is what happens when one goes against one's nature. It germinates in the shadow of risks untaken. It ripens in power exorcised. Beings like us can take risks no one else can, and exorcise power no one else has. We have the greatest capacity for sin, through action, or inaction.

57183108 wrote:
56783528 wrote:
Meh, not sure whether this is entirely accurate, at least for concept decks. Sometimes an unrefined idea cannot beat the top dogs at first, but with a few suggestions and heavy playtesting, they might get there. Islands' diamond in the rough lists are a good rebuttal to your statement.
Islands' decks are more gazing into the abyss of madness and madness staring back at you. With Manamorphose.
the name / flavour of this makes how good the card is irrelevant.
It's already been mentioned but this does nothing to Delver which is enemy no1 at the moment, guess it hits some of Wolfrun & R/G aggro's win cons. 
But unless Avacyn Restored does some crazy things to the standard meta this is sideboard at best for deck like Superfriends (junkwalkers). 

I misread this card to be <4 cmc at first, but even at >4 it will be awesome against all of these powerhouse legendary creatures coming out.  I am going to try and collect a playset, just in case the card becomes a staple for Standard.  Stops a Thrun and/or Sigarda before they ever become an issue.

Heh. This best art in the set on a worthless card as usual.
Flavor text is a win.