Hexblade Pact Blade Manifistation

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi. This is my first post, but on a question I've had for a while. The feat Pact Blade Manifistation published in Dragon 400, I believe(don't have DDI right now) has a prerequisite of being a Warlock with a pact associated with a hexblade. It gives you the Pact Weapon feature (which is awesome), as well as the at-will associated with the pact you have.

This is just fine for a regular 'lock, but for any other CHA-based class, or basic attack E-class, this is a very powerful option. To break it down,

for the cost of two feats(albiet one multiclass), you get:
-a superior weapon prof.,
-a Cha-based MBA,
-a weapliment
-hexblade fluff
-availible for any race and class
-White Lotus and other Arcane optimization

the drawbacks:

-non implement classes have to figure out an implement
-your multiclass is filled
-somewhat niche; only Cha-based classes will ever look at this.

The only issues I can see with this are that a multiclass may not fill the prerequisite(again, no DDI) and imbalance, but honestly it seems like RAI to me.

Thanks for your feedback,

~Pyroraptor
The feat was pulled in the permanent version of the article and there fore no longer exists 'officiallly'. probably for the very reasons you enumerate.
Ah, that's quite dissapointing. I had about a dozen builds running through my head with this feat.
Don't worry, 11.5 of them wouldn't have worked anyway: it was impossible to legally take Pact Blade Manifestation without being either a pure or hybrid Warlock. Multiclassing did not work.