Mono G Infect

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am new to legacy and want to build a budget deck because I don't have the resources to get all the insanely expensive legacy cards. I.e Force of Will, Goyf etc etc

I don't know how many lands I should include because of the very low mana curve so I was thinking about 18. I have no idea about the sideboard. I know most of you will recommend Berserk but I don't think I will be able to get them.

Lands: 18
12 Forest
2 Teetering Peaks
4 Inkmoth Nexus

Creatures:20
4 Glistener Elf
4 Ichorclaw Myr
4 Llanowar Augur
4 Cyst Bearer
4 Blight Mamba

Instants: 18
4 Invigorate
3 Crop Rotation
4 Groundswell
4 Vines of Vastwood
3 Mutagenic Growth

Enchantment: 4
4 Rancor

Let me know what you think please and suggestions are very welcome!

IMAGE(http://oi55.tinypic.com/6yjjp1.jpg)

this deck really want's to splash blue imo and if tropical islands are out of your budget just misty rainforest will prove good enough (since there are no double mana costs).

blue alows you to run cantrips (brainstorm + ponder) wich i recomend 8 in total since you basicly are a combo deck and you really want to cantrip t1 drop creature t2 and cantrip again t3 digging for the kill spell

it also gives you counters (not necessrly force since you just want protection and not disruption) dazes and spell pierces are pretty good at protectiong your creatures

also gives access to Blighted Agent

on another note you should never run creatures above 2cmc

berserk as lowered quite a bit becasue of from the vault exiled (still costly)
Virulent Sliver could replace Cystbearer.  Pump effects don't help him unfortunately, but if you get out more than one their abilities stack on each other so they give 2 counters each.  And just being a 1-drop is better.

I would definitely find something to replace Llanowar Augur.  Only being able to use him in your upkeep is a problem.
Crop Rotation into Teetering Peaks is a cool trick, but you would probably be better off adding disruption. 

Personally I think black would be a better splash than blue.  Targeted discard like Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek can be as good as counters, and black has better ways to deal with opposing creatures that are in your way.  There's a long game option with Hand of the Praetors and a few cheap infect guys in hand, probably a sideboard option against people who can stabilize before you kill them.  Phyrexian Crusader is another good sideboard card.  It has protection from two of the best removal colors, but he's probably too expensive for the main deck.
I would definitely find something to replace Llanowar Augur.

Seal of Strength

Personally I think black would be a better splash than blue.  Targeted discard like Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek can be as good as counters, and black has better ways to deal with opposing creatures that are in your way.  There's a long game option with Hand of the Praetors and a few cheap infect guys in hand, probably a sideboard option against people who can stabilize before you kill them.  Phyrexian Crusader is another good sideboard card.  It has protection from two of the best removal colors, but he's probably too expensive for the main deck.

if your using discard as protection durres is obviously better then inquisition.

but i think blue is much better as counters > discard at protection and it gives acess to cantrips (real reason to play it) and an unblocable creature

only reason to play black is dark confidant but it's way to vulnerable and you are qucik enough not to need that much CA.

i'll post a list when i have time
I can see why adding blue would be efficient but I don't think I could find the room the cards I would want. I could obviously take out Cyst Bearer but everything else seems to be needed.

If I could get my hands on some Misty Rainforests and Brainstorms then i'll probably put them in. What would be the dillema is, I usually find myself using all my mana up each of my turns.

Can you find Berserks? They add a lot to the explosiveness of the deck. Might of Old Krosa is another card you probably want.
If I could get my hands on some Misty Rainforests and Brainstorms then i'll probably put them in. What would be the dillema is, I usually find myself using all my mana up each of my turns.

the ideal line of play would be to cantrip turn 1; drop creture turn 2; and then cantrip again to victory at turn 3.

completly untested list i made up half an hour ago

12 creatures

4 Glistener Elf
4 Blight Mamba
4 Blighted Agent

14 pump

4 Invigorate
4 Giant Growth
4 Rancor
2 Mutagenic Growth

8 cantrip

4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder

8 protection

4 Daze
4 Spell Pierce

18 lands
4 Inkmoth Nexus
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Tropical Island
4 Verdant Catacombs
1 Island
1 Forest
I really like except I am not going to have tropical islands so they and Verdant Catacombs are out. I'll test it out and see how it works for me.

Thanks for all the responses!

Sign In to post comments