R/G Elemental

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, 

After three years without Magic, i couldn't resist any longer. Laughing
So ive been trying to build a deck with my new favourite, Splinterfright. I know there is a U/G Splinterfright deck in these forum but i don't really like it. Anyway, this is my attempt:

9x Mountain
7x Forest
4x Rootbound Crag
_________________________ 20x lands

4x Splinterfright
4x Incandescent Soulstoke
4x Sunflare Shaman
3x Flamekin Harbinger
3x Brighthearth Banneret
3x Smokebraider
3x Nova Chaser
3x Living Hive
2x Timbermare
2x Doomgape
________________________ 31x creatures

2x Bonehoard
3x Tracker's Instincts
3x Mulch
1x Gnaw to the Bone
________________________ 9x other spells

I want to combine Incandescent Soulstoke in early game ,with big creatures like Nova Chaser, and Splinterfright and/or Sunflare Shaman as soon as my graveyard becomes bigger.
Couldn't really test it in a "real" match so far, just some games against my friend. (Well, these cards exists only as Proxies Cool )

What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Also some hints for sideboard would be appreciated.

Edit says sorry, i was sure i posted in the "Modern Deck Help" forum, apparently not......

Please excuse my poor English.
I like this idea considering I'm also have an idea for a RG Elemental deck. Some good ideas, I didn't consider Timbermare in mine, but he would be a great finishing combo with Incadescent Soulstoke. Although the idea seems to be beatdown before your opponent sets up, you miight want to consider Naturalize or Beast Within to get rid of any threat to shut you down. Quest for Renewal could also be good. Considering the number of times you will be tapping Incandescent and the bigger creatures there you could easily get four counters.(Then you could use Incandescent Soulstoke on during your opponent turn, cast Timbermare to prevent him from attacking).

Quest for Renewal sounds interesting. And with Avacyn Restored, there might be two other options: Descendants' Path, gives even more speed, and Hound of Griselbrand against aggro decks. But you're right, cards like naturalize and Beast Within are definitely important. I'm also thinking to exchange Mulch for Faithless Looting. Living Inferno and Stigma Lasher could be also good choices against aggro decks, while Tornado Elemental should be in the sideboard against nasty flyers.
Do you guys think that deck could be competitive?
Please excuse my poor English.
while Tornado Elemental should be in the sideboard against nasty flyers.

Absolutely it should be in there.
while Tornado Elemental should be in the sideboard against nasty flyers.

Absolutely it should be in there.

Cloudthresher would seem to be a better choice. There isn't much it can't block. Plus it can wipe the sky of any army of birds or faeries.