I'm thinking a breaking into a bank...

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm playing a 12th level warforged artificer in a Eberron based campain and would like to make a golem.

I only hve about 1700 gp right now so im not doing anything fast but when i get some more funds i figure it'll be easier to by equiptment to rob a bank somewhere to get the large amounts of money neede to craft said golem.

I came up with a basic idea of what i want to do.
 -Find some way to knock everyone in the place out (a gas or something? i dont want to kill them-if the good characters in my party find out it'll be less evil if no one got hurt)
-get a hat of disguise to hide my race, identity etc. 
-get a chime of opening(?) to crack the vault
-get some item to hide me from scrying while I do it

also I would get the material for the golem at  several different places to avoid arousing suspicion

I dont know enought spells/items etc. to know what to get for the initial knockout or the anti-scrying field.

any help on wheather this is a terrible idea or not or suggestions about items or others ways to accomplish the same thing would be 
appreciated greatly

(as a side note I'm not sure what golem to get.  I was thinking iether a stone golem, a greater stone golem or an iron golem.  Thoughts?)
(as a side note I'm not sure what golem to get.  I was thinking iether a stone golem, a greater stone golem or an iron golem.  Thoughts?)

Assuming that you've only got a choice of core golems, the stone golem (or greater stone golem, if you can afford it) is probably the best overall, if only because it only suffers special negative effects from a couple of specific spells, but can be completely healed with a single casting of transmute mud to rock.  It really depends on the purpose for which you want the golem, though.

If you're allowed to use golems from more than just the core books, the Monster Manual 3 has a bunch of them (mud golems are an interesting alternative to stone golems), and the Draconomicon has three golems with the old-school version of magic immunity that also works against supernatural abilities and spells that can overcome spell resistance (the drakestone golem is the stone golem's equivalent here).  There are, of course, a few others scattered amongst the various books.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Fulminating Crab, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome LurkerIronglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
Consider hitting an evil loanshark or other rich and evil type?

I will immediately report any Phishers or Lonely Hearts Scam Artists.

I've found that with fabricate as a 5th level infusion i can make some money pretty quickly given materials and a buyer.  And I'm making a stone golem in fullplate (I dont like the flavor of the mud golem).

taradusis, I hadnt thought of that....it might work.  Hopefully I don't get into too much trouble when they try to collect. 
I've found that with fabricate as a 5th level infusion i can make some money pretty quickly given materials and a buyer.  And I'm making a stone golem in fullplate (I dont like the flavor of the mud golem).

The mud-wrestling abilities are impressive against anyone a mud golem can grapple (especially since it can skip the initial attack roll), and the greasing effect is tactically useful, but it's true that they're not exactly tidy.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Fulminating Crab, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome LurkerIronglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
You could have a BOGO deal where they pay you to make 2 and you keep one for yourself? The red wizards of thay had a wood golem that was an archer, a range attack is useful.

Xonoa, I meant attack an evil and rich target. Golems can sometimes be shaped differently,switch the biped for a quadraped form? A huge elephant or horse that could serve as a mount or to pull a wagon?

Sign In to post comments