D&D Online Tabletop Campaign using Skype and Virtual Table

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Monuments of the Fallen Banner

Hail Adventurer's!

I'm an experienced 15year veteran Dungeon Master (DM) starting a fresh D&D online campaign using the RPGTable Online system (the old WoTC D&D virtual tabletop system), along with Skype for direct communication. I'm currently in seek of roughly 5 adventurer's to play with us once or twice a week on a regular basis (time's and days are flexible and to be determined based on party's availability, work schedules, family, etc.).

This is for the 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons, and we will be beginning at level one! Any experience level of player's are welcomed! New or old!

We will be willing to explain things as we go for people that are inexperienced or uncertain of the game specifics. So please do not feel discouraged. I own all the class specific powers and feats books, including all 3 PHB. So if you have questions regarding a specific class, and do not own the books with additional feats, and abilities I'll be able to help you out.

I have an exciting custom campaign designed by myself lined up for us! I've grown a very fond balance of both Role-playing, and Battle sense in my adventures. The mix at which I use will offer a sense of 3rd Edition role-play, yet challenging 4th Edition battle scenarios.

• Near Completed Campaign

• Complete Custom World Design

• Complete Custom World Maps

• Complete Balanced/Role-Play Adventures

• Weekly Gaming Gatherings w/ Friends

• Experienced 15yr veteran Dungeon Master (DM)

• Lots and lots of fun!!

===================================================================================================

Monuments of the Fallen Campaign

Background and Lore:

Brief lore speaks of a Demi-God who has gone rogue, during an epic battle involving the gods Layten: God who is the ruler of gifts and discernment and prophecy, warrior to the God Landren.  Landren: God who signifies Light, and Sun, your heir and keeper of white horses. Tessa: The God who is the asset who will facilitate the kingdom of future heiress, and Mahkea: God Empress of the provisional gardens, and protector of the wild.

Amongst these gods were their students (Demi-Gods) awaiting their place to the throne. Tutored by the greater gods to grasp their full potential and study abroad to expand their powers; During which a war was brewing between the Gods and the Titans of Nodrog. These Titans felt that Gods were no longer needed, and their presence was far to powerful to allow their continuance to rule over the lands. Believers of their own rule the Great Elemental Titan's, felt having control over the elements was enough to protect this world and it's inhabitants that they alone wield the power to control life. The understanding of mutal peace was doomed to be broken. As storms brewed and earthquakes shook the lands, the once large continent of Kiatayssa was forced into a devastating split. It was never clear on what or who broken this peace, but was none the less fueled by power. As further lore unfolds it is rumored that a specific Demi-God that had gone rogue may have influenced the sides in accelerating this event. Who is this Demi-God? Did he/she in fact influence this war, if so why? ALL of these questions will be answered in the "Monuments of the Fallen" Campaign.

Written by (myself) DMGordanian

===================================================================================================

Please reply to this thread -or- email me at gordykizzle@gmail.com -or- contact me via 'Skype' @ GordyKizzle if you are interested for a quicker response. I'm looking forward to speaking with YOU!!

Gaming will commense in 1-2 weeks from this original post date (pending on how quickly the group is formed and roles are decided upon).

My website: Dungeon Master Dojo where I converse with fellow Adventurer's/Dungeon Master's and post weekly updates on DM'ing tips, tools, and advice. Want to enhance your Dungeon Master skills? Then visit my website and share your DM'ing experiences.

Download my custom map pack here: > Click to download <

-DMGordanian

Count me in!!  
Count me in!!  

Sounds great! I'm very excited to start a new campaign. And I truly believe anyone interested will also enjoy it VERY much. The Virtual Table Top makes for a nice visual for all to see whats going on. Using Skype as our choice of voice communication will help player participate. Also keep in mind Dice, char sheets are not necessary as the character creater, will do all of this for us.

Still searching or roughly 3 more if anyone else is interested. We will be playing 1-2 days a week. Whatever works well for the group. I am open.
I reckon I'd be interested in playing with all ya'll. It would be my first "official" game of D&D, not counting DDO or Neverwinter Nights 2, so ya'll take it easy on the newb (me).
I would love to play, I've been looking for a game going online since me and my friends stopped playing last summer. Im pretty knew myself; I've only played half a dozen times, but I feel like I understand the game pretty well. 
 When would we be playing? I'm currently in school so I'm free on fridays and saturdays and most week nights. Let me know, this sounds great!
phatgym79@gmail.com 
I would like to play as well.  Never used the beta tabletop here and hope its not too confusing.  I'm a DnDi subscriber and therefore have access to all that stuff like the builder and such.  My email is eckert.jw@gmail.com.  let me know when you get cranked up... i like playing a pacifist cleric healer or an earthstrength warden.  BTW, what will be your rules for character generation?  What will we be limited to in the builder or will it be open to anything you can build? 
Hi,

I was wondering if you still had a place available... this would be the first time i would play 4ed D&D.. Last time I played D&D was 15 years ago and it was AD&D  XD

and i forget to put my e-mail blacklotus30@gmail.com 
Interested as well. I'll add you to Skype.
I'd be interested in playing as well. Did a Test run of the tabletop with a few friends and it looks good.

i'm enjia2000 on skype 
Sorry If I haven't contacted some of you yet. I was in the mix of designing my own campaign adventures, and world maps. If anyone is interested in downloading my world map packet, here is the link; www.mediafire.com/?da86jb50dtnb34r

In this world is where our adventures will take place. Your welcomed to offer advice, or constructive criticism for improvements. These maps are NOT for redistribution or sale. They are 100% free content designed by me for fellow gamers like yourselves.

I'll be contacting all who expresses interest this week.

Thanks!
Hey man sent you a pm and an invite on skype.
Is it too late to express interest? I am BRAND new to D&D and have never actually played, but I have read the 3.5 PHB essentially cover to cover, and am currently working on the 4th edition... I learn fast, though I'm not sure about the whole Virtual Tabletop thing and might need a hand figuring it out. Are you able to take a chance on a newbie?
Is it too late to express interest? I am BRAND new to D&D and have never actually played, but I have read the 3.5 PHB essentially cover to cover, and am currently working on the 4th edition... I learn fast, though I'm not sure about the whole Virtual Tabletop thing and might need a hand figuring it out. Are you able to take a chance on a newbie?

Of course! To be honest with all the changes in 4th Edition anyway, they have made the game and it's mechanics MUCH MORE "newbie" friendly so to speak. Besides dude, if I taught two 14yr olds at the same time, and where they are NOW at today you would think they been playing since 3rd Edition. I reference this because I DM a real-life campaign on Thursday/Sunday nights here at home with my daughter, and a buddy of mine, and his son.

I'll contact you shortly.
I might be intrested but I have one question; what time would the games be played on? I'm in GMT +3 timezone and thats somewhat a hinderance on trying to find a group to play with.
Also interested to join, that is if you don't mind letting a newbie to DnD 4.0 join your group.

I have copies of the books though + the DnD 4.0 for Dummies :D 
I might be intrested but I have one question; what time would the games be played on? I'm in GMT +3 timezone and thats somewhat a hinderance on trying to find a group to play with.

I've got to keep this short as I'm on my way to work, but we'll work out the details when I return home this evening. I'd like to speak with the group entirely and find out what works best.

Also interested to join, that is if you don't mind letting a newbie to DnD 4.0 join your group.

Sounds great. Yeah theres always room for new or old players. I definitely have the paitience.

I've got to keep this short as I'm on my way to work, but we'll work out the details when I return home this evening. I'd like to speak with the group entirely and find out what works best.

Sounds great. Yeah theres always room for new or old players. I definitely have the paitience.

^ sweet I will be filling up my pally's character sheet so that we can start with minimal fuss on my side.
I think I should clarify what I mean; I'm intrested in joining a campaign, but if you would play at say 8 pm EST, that would be 4 am here in Finland. It seems that most people play at EST times so I'm assuming that you'd be too?
I think I should clarify what I mean; I'm intrested in joining a campaign, but if you would play at say 8 pm EST, that would be 4 am here in Finland. It seems that most people play at EST times so I'm assuming that you'd be too?

Yes I play EST. I'll be speaking with the group to verify which days/times work best..

Here is the thing to keep in mind, it's a gaming group intended to have fun. So say we set Thursday and Sunday evenings into place, it doesn't HAVE to be that way every time. As a group we can agree to changes, work out kinks and what not. We're really just a group of friends getting together for a mutal interest. It's really up to us as a whole.

Hope that makes sense and clarifies things. I realize we are humans and mostly adults. So family and work comes first. D&D 2nd :D
I'm pretty sure then that the group would not be willing to adjust to my times since you're playing at EST times. I think it's better if I continue to search a group that's based on GMT since it's unreasonable for me to ask a group of people to play so early just for me. :b
I'm pretty sure then that the group would not be willing to adjust to my times since you're playing at EST times. I think it's better if I continue to search a group that's based on GMT since it's unreasonable for me to ask a group of people to play so early just for me. :b

Ahh yes. I thank you for applying.

Looking to start our campaign up THIS SATURDAY! Please anyone else interested contact me ASAP!

Ahh yes. I thank you for applying.

Looking to start our campaign up THIS SATURDAY! Please anyone else interested contact me ASAP!

^ looking forward to join u...

BTW what programs do I need? 
hey Gordanian,
From what i see you just started your campaign yesterday, Ill send you an message on skype also but wanted to post here just in case.  If you still have room I would love to join your game.  Been looking for awhile for a 4th edition game and yours seems like a good fit.  Let me know

Email me at bigjohnson7915@yahoo.com or on Skype at dregenthered
hey Gordanian,
From what i see you just started your campaign yesterday, Ill send you an message on skype also but wanted to post here just in case.  If you still have room I would love to join your game.  Been looking for awhile for a 4th edition game and yours seems like a good fit.  Let me know

Email me at bigjohnson7915@yahoo.com or on Skype at dregenthered

Added you to skype The campaign is going REALLY well thus far! Feedback that I have received from the group has been great, and the adventure hooks have them itching for more!

Anyone who wasn't able to join with us this time around, I'm keeping in contact with for future gaming. I really thank you all for your interest. It's been a great pleasure to DM such an exciting adventure for all who have replied. I'm really looking forward to meeting new adventurers for future gaming.
Gordanian, wondering if there is any room left for me to join you all? I'll be adding you on Skype and sending you a message on there but like DregenTheRed I wanted to officially post here. Thanks in advance!
Gordanian, wondering if there is any room left for me to join you all? I'll be adding you on Skype and sending you a message on there but like DregenTheRed I wanted to officially post here. Thanks in advance!

I got ya added bud. We have officially begun, and the PC's are currently level 3. None the less anyone else who shares a common interest in playing some D&D at some point, please feel free to add me even though we have started. If I recieve enough requests, and time provides, I may start up a 2nd campaign. Or if someone feels the need to drop out, or a Volcanic Dragon engulfs the PC's in a molten fiery leaving them as nothing more than an ash speckle I'll certainly call you!
Hey there, I'm really interested in joining up with you guys. I'm new but I have a stock pile of characters that I've made in the Character builder. My skype name is just colt.butrick and i would love to get involved with some online matches so...if that workds please let me know.
Hey there, I'm really interested in joining up with you guys. I'm new but I have a stock pile of characters that I've made in the Character builder. My skype name is just colt.butrick and i would love to get involved with some online matches so...if that workds please let me know.

Hey there Ignarius! I'm both pleased and saddened to announce that my Campaign has already begun. Truthfully I have 2 more than originally planned so the seating is quite full at the moment. However I would very much like to keep you in my contacts list for future gaming and/or if I decide to begin a 2nd gaming group. Time willing of course. Hopefully this is acceptable to you and anyone else who may be interested. In the meantime I wish you all the best in your D&D adventures. If you or anyone else for that matter have any questions at any time, please feel free to ask. If I do not respond right away, it's probably because I am at work, or at the game table! None the less I will always respond as soon as I am available.

I will add just for hype purposes that the group seems to be enjoying themselves quite well. I've heard nothing but positive feedback, regarding the adventures that I have provided, story hooks, enounters, and my overall general style of DM'ing to combine a fine mixture of both 'role-play' and 'dungeon crawling' for gamers on both sides of the fence to enjoy. I leave you with something to only look forward to in the near future.
Hello

I'm new to D&D and was looking around for an online group to adventure with. Are you still in a current adventure or looking to start a new one any time soon?

If you have an open spot please feel free to contact me any time @ nighy2@yahoo.com     
DnDcampaignbanner

Hey Guys!

I'm an experienced DM begining a D&D online campaign using the Virtual Table top system, along with Skype for direct communication. I'm looking for 3-5 players to play with us once or twice a week.

This is for the 4th Edition, and we will be begining at level one! All level of players welcome! New or old. I have a great custom campaign lined up for us, custom world, and maps. Please reply or email at gordyk@live.com.

I've grown a fond balance of both Roleplaying, and Battle sense in my adventures. The mix at which I use will offer a sense of 3rd Edition roleplay, yet challenging 4th Edition battles.

Also feel free to add me via skype at GordyKizzle if you are interested for quicker responses.

We will be willing to explain things as we go for people that are inexperienced or uncertain of the game specifics. So please do not feel discouraged. I own all the class specific books, including all 3 PHB. So if you have questions regarding a specific class, and do not own the books with additional feats, and abilities I'll be able to help you out.

Looking forward to speaking with anyone who is interested

-Gordanian (DM)
My website: Dungeon Master Dojo

Download my custom map pack here: www.mediafire.com/?da86jb50dtnb34r
I'd love to hear your thoughts and rating on it. Please post on my blog here: community.wizards.com/gordanian/blog/201...

PS: Some sessions may be live streamed on my Twitch channel.

Hey there,

Just wondering if your still in need of players. I am new to 4e but have played way back in the day in 1980s . What days do you play and if you could please send me a message or add me on skype : blackravenx Dragon. I do play in another 4e on Friday nights virtual tabletop and love it but need more fix lol

Thanks,
Scott   

I am a new player looking to join a group.  Can someone let me join one of theirs?