[ICD] Desolate Lighthouse

49 posts / 0 new
Last post
Desolate Lighthouse
Land
: Add to your mana pool.
,:Draw a card, then discard a card.

Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Whoa, really?
Also, :1m:, AVR in the title, source etc.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Good card is good.

Up on the Salvation Spoiler. 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Finally a good card this is expected but still a welcome addition to UR Delver decks.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Whoa, really?
Also, :1m:, AVR in the title, source etc.

Thanks.  Can't change the title, did the rest, and found the awesome pic.
Show

I'm in love! The function, the art... all around damn fine card.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
The cards in this set look like they could be in core sets, seeing as they aren't really setting specific, at least to me.
Now this gonna be good.  Red/blue is looking like a serious color pair in this Standard.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I like how this is better than it usually would be since you have a chance to consistently trigger Miracle on the opponent's turn.
Show
The cards in this set look like they could be in core sets, seeing as they aren't really setting specific, at least to me.

I feel like this is an odd ICD to mention this in, considering it's a land.  That said, it doesn't have to beat you over the head with the flavor to fit.  I think the image, especially with the flavor text, works wonderfully as a metaphor for Avacyn.

That said, off the top of my head what cards have set relevant flavor?

Bonfire of the Damned - The trick here is that Avacyn isn't the real hero of the block, Thalia is.  This card came a set to late, but it's definitely in reference to her single-handed defense of Thraben.

Zealous Conscript - New recruits are excited after Avacyn is back? woah.

All the demons/devils - yeah

Angels - uh huh

Miracle cards are other obvious ones.  The individual mechanics are just as important for conveying flavor as the image and the flavor text are.  

Yeah a lot of cards would fit elsewhere, but it's a magical fantasy setting.  I still think most of them work with the themes of this set.  They're still cranking out horror tropes they didn't really touch on before either, did you check out the monster of Cloverfield?

---

Btw, as an aside...Islands, digging the new avatar.
A madness/threshold/flashback/unearth enabler for my casual and EDH decks? I'll take four.
great late game card !

Islands, digging the new avatar.

Thanks!  Just tweaked it.
Show

Islands, digging the new avatar.

Thanks!  Just tweaked it.

Yeah that's even better.

I hope we don't have to wait until the 18th to read about his story.

This will deff help out miracles in limited. There will be a few good per-release stories here.
Called this exactly which pleases me. I'm hoping the WR land is just "WR, : Creatures you control gain haste and first strike until end of turn." but that's probably slightly too powerful.

Looking forward to playing with this card.
Favorite card spoiled so far.
very nice - exactly what is needed if any kind of miracle-based deck is going to be made in those colors. allows that temporal mastery/thunderous wrath/bonfire? from the opening hand to be discarded - in many cases, i don't think faithless looting would be the right card for the deck.  awesome.
I like this a lot.  I can really see this being fun in casual with Burning Vengence and it may even have a competitve side to it (although I can't immediately see where yet).

Oh? I assumed this was Jenrik's tower that Tamiyo, the Moon Sage had been hanging out in. Looking at Tower Geist, though, I'm not sure.
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
Speaking of Jenrik....I wonder if he'll do anything or be a card at all? And will he have his own tower now that the moon-mistress has left him for angels and demons?

On a more related note, this is a pretty solid land card, for not producing colored mana. I can see myself using it in more than a few decks.
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.
Yeah, definitely not Jenrik's tower. Darn it. They made a tower where strange researches are conducted, and didn't make it the tower they already had in fluff where strange researches are conducted? >.<
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
At first glance I assumed this card ended with 'at random'.

Then I actually reread the card and became extremely happy.  I'm loving all these utility lands, and any land with 'draw a card' on it has serious potential.
it looks like a good card especially for u/r delver. and for miracles.
so as an opponent of said delver deck...BOOOO :P

----------------------- I’m going to TRANSFORM him, and unleash the savage instincts that lie hidden within… . [

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/18.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/dnd/class/images/banners/Avenger.jpg)

I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

This must be the lighthouse that Toyota was hanging out in.

EDIT: A knickname for Tamiyo that's been floating around.  "Normally a solid powerhouse that keeps on going, but might be subject to a product recall for being broken."
No complaints here. Cost is dead on. Does what decks in those colors want to be doing. A little predictable if anything, but whatever.
Very good utililand. Happy with this. Will likely be adding to my Riku EDH. Not really a lot to say.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Holy crap...the art on this card is nuts!
At first I thought it was a frickin' photograph.

"We wlll kill them all."

Desolate Lighthouse
Land
: Add to your mana pool.
,:Draw a card, then discard a card.

There was a guy that came by during the DKA spoilers and said he had a dream of a card called Lighthouse in either DKA or AVR; now this is a land and not an artifact, but it is a Lighthouse so I'm tagging this thread in case he comes back so he knows his dreams can't tell the difference between an artifact and a land.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Seems pretty good, I forgot they hadn't finished this cycle.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Would it have been to good if it just took a U/R to activate?

Still, it is a good card.
Wow. An elegant and flavourfully resonant UR ability, that's also very relevant to the game, and cheap enough to be useful at any point? I'm impressed. I assumed it would be some sort of mad scientist's lab, doing something "fudgy" flavour-wise, like Stensia Bloodhall.
Wow... I'm impressed!  I think that this one's my favorite of its super-cycle, and I love me some Grim Backwoods and Gavony Township.  It's simple, powerful and incredibly useful.  All in all, it's been one immensely well-done cycle.
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

Nice, I want 2-4 now.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
Not surpising but I think everyone can get behind this. Another card I like in U/R Delver.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
I'm feeling Grixis control making a comeback in this set. Killing Wave, Griselbrand, This.....Seems fun
BEAUTIFUL ART!

And there sure has been a lot of draw then discard abilities in red during this block... 
I was right.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
a looter that uses a landslot?
sign me up!
proud member of the 2011 community team
Sign In to post comments