DLCR: Vengeful Vampire

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other DKA card to rate is...

Vengeful Vampire

Show

5.0: I will always play this card. Period.
4.5: I will almost always play this card, regardless of what else I get.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color. (Given that I’m playing that color, I will play this card 100% of the time.)
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me into this color. If playing that color, I essentially always play these. (Given that I’m playing that color, I will play this card 90% of the time.)
2.0: If I’m playing this color, I usually play these. (70%)
1.5: This card will make the cut into the main deck about half the times I play this color. (50%)
1.0: I feel bad when this card is in my main deck. (30%)
0.5: There are situations where I might sideboard this into my deck, but I’ll never start it. (10%)
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding). (0%).

A tad expensive but you do get your money's worth.  I mean a 3/2 flyer is already a nice start but being able to die and come back as a 4/3 is really nice.

Discuss!
2.5 is about right for me.  It is very expensive for what it is but its the undying that makes it get more than a 1.5.

I haven't been too impressed with this one. It's hard to justify the 6 mana outside of a Vampire themed deck. I'd say 2.0

I've yet to be impressed with this guy. When I tap out 6 mana and drop something on the board I want my opponent to be worried about what they're going to do about it. Whenever I see my opponent tap out 6 mana I think, "Oh crap, what's this." When they then play this guy I breathe a sigh of relief and think, "Oh, it's just him."

He gets a 2.0 just because he can often get a 2 for 1, which is nice.

I've yet to be impressed with this guy. When I tap out 6 mana and drop something on the board I want my opponent to be worried about what they're going to do about it. Whenever I see my opponent tap out 6 mana I think, "Oh crap, what's this." When they then play this guy I breathe a sigh of relief and think, "Oh, it's just him."

I agree with this, but I still think he is closer to a 2.5
He's barely worth the 2.0. I mean he's not unplayable and you can do worse for six-drops, but man...

He's just not that good.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
He's barely worth the 2.0. I mean he's not unplayable and you can do worse for six-drops, but man...

He's just not that good.

There isn't exatly a lot of choice for black flying creatures though. Plus he's uncommon. If his stats were any higher, having multiples would make you limited god.

He's just not that good.

There isn't exatly a lot of choice for black flying creatures though. Plus he's uncommon. If his stats were any higher, having multiples would make you limited god.

I'm not saying he should be better, I'm just coming to terms with the fact that he's not good enough to get more than a 2.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!