[AVR-ICD] Bruna, Light of Alabaster

50 posts / 0 new
Last post

Bruna, Light of Alabaster (Mythic) -
Legendary Creature - Angel
Flying, vigilance
Whenever Bruna, Light of Alabaster attacks or blocks, you may attach to it any number of Auras on the battlefield and you may put onto the battlefield attached to it any number of Aura cards that could enchant it from your graveyard and/or hand.
5/5
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
This I like.
I'm getting to the point where I think Wizards is about to say "April Fools" and start giving us the real spoilers.

I get that it forces you to play auras instead of "real cards", but attack OR block?  Totem Armor can make her a real pain to get rid of.
This card is the bee's knees in my Zur the Enchanter Commander Deck. Not sure how powerful it will be in Standard with the only powerful aura right now being Angelic Destiny, might see play in a random modern deck I suppose.
Extremely overpowered in EDH probably not constructed playable though.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Man, the templating guys must have had a hernia trying to figure out how to word that thing. They probably just could have said "If there's an Aura somewhere, I'm now wearing it".
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Is this a new artist? I like her style. The card is good too. Seems very fun and abusable as an EDH general.
I can't help but notice that it doesn't say "Auras you control".
All of the EDH.

Yea, obviously made for EDH decks, and should be sweet there. 
I can't help but notice that it doesn't say "Auras you control".

Well it does say from your graveyard and your hand, but yah that is true, there's no "you control" clause regarding Auras on the battlefield. Interesting.
This is really cool.  Not gonna be very good in Standard, but casual and Constructed, where auras are more playable, it's gonna be sweet.

Commander is constructed.
Anit Zur tech in EDH? 

Yeah totem armor could be really good with her, and the conscription obviously.

These last two angels are just fun generals for edh. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
This is really cool.  Not gonna be very good in Standard, but casual and Constructed, where auras are more playable, it's gonna be sweet.

Standard is constructed.
Just wait until you have Corrupted Conscience and Battle Mastery in your hand before you cast her.
Damn it.

I really wanted the UW Angel to be a good Control win con to replace Consecrated Sphinx in my Esper Control deck.

I was really optimistic by looking at the pattern of the other Legendary Angels, thinking we'd get a 6 mana 5/5 with a nice one-sided defensive ability.

But no, we get some Aura manipulation rubbish that doesn't make her useful for anything except Zur EDH. 

Standard is constructed.

They're both constructed.
Not a big fan of Aura manipulation, but Bruna is really good and has beautiful art.

I was hoping for an Angel that had something to do with Spirits though, since that's what the Flight of Alabaster handles.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
I agree that it seems out of place and it'd be nice to have a solid UW control card. However, this is likely a plant for the upcoming Return to Ravnica block, since there were quite a few aura-matters cards in the original Ravnica Block, such as the Magemark cycle and such. I kind of wish they had made this angel one that worked better with the current Standard environment.
Admittedly I'm a bit disappointed by this.  But, I'm glad it isn't a monster UW control card.  UW already has enough toys in Commander.

For me, Gisela has been the best of the Mythic angels, followed by Avacyn, Sigarda, then Bruna.
Makes me wonder what kind of auras there will be in this set and M13.
*block, attach surprise Spirit Mantle from hand*
I want to see how many Eldrazi Conscriptions someone can get on her. Wild Research, perhaps?
Sometimes, you just have to face that simple effects might not translate well enough into magic terminology to be worth doing.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Apart from flying, the casting cost, and the p/t, all of which were obvious, I was wayyyyyy off on this one.

"Whenever Bruna, Light of Alabaster attacks or blocks, you may attach to it any number of Auras on the battlefield and you may put onto the battlefield attached to it any number of Aura cards that could enchant it from your graveyard and/or hand."

Why is it this and not

"Whenever Bruna, Light of Alabaster attacks or blocks, you may attach to it any number of Auras that could enchant it on the battlefield and you may put onto the battlefield attached to it any number of Aura cards that could enchant it from your graveyard and/or hand."

or else

"Whenever Bruna, Light of Alabaster attacks or blocks, you may attach to it any number of Auras on the battlefield and you may put onto the battlefield attached to it any number of Aura cards that could enchant it from your graveyard and/or hand."

In standard, angelic destiny just got a boost (I hear 9/9 first strike flying vigilant creatures are okay). Of course at 6 mana Bruna is competing with the titans and sphinx so probably not gonna make an impact.

So this is the last of the flight leaders and, I think, my least favourite.  Certainly in EDH she will be amazing and I am sure in casual constructed but can't quite see her being main stream.

Her stats by themselves make her very strong in limited but the ability is nothing to write home about.

Commander is constructed.

Lololol, Sleet.   He makes a post that makes it sounds like EDH and constructed are two different things.  You make a post correcting him, but in your post you make it sound like Standard and Constructed are two different things.

To paraphrase:  Not good in Standard, but sweet in Constructed.

<3
Damn it.

I really wanted the UW Angel to be a good Control win con to replace Consecrated Sphinx in my Esper Control deck.

I was really optimistic by looking at the pattern of the other Legendary Angels, thinking we'd get a 6 mana 5/5 with a nice one-sided defensive ability.

But no, we get some Aura manipulation rubbish that doesn't make her useful for anything except Zur EDH. 

This guy.
"I wanted a boring, unfun card for my overdone spike deck, and they've given me a cool and interesting card I lack the sense of fun to use. I hate this!"
Damn it.

This guy.
"I wanted a boring, unfun card for my overdone spike deck, and they've given me a cool and interesting card I lack the sense of fun to use. I hate this!"

Wizards told me they were making cookies and I really really wanted it to be snickerdoodles, but instead they made peanut butter cookies.

attach ALL the auras. 
I kind of like the card, the art is definitely nice, but it isn't really that useful yet. It could definitely have been better, but I'm not yet hurt by it.

I guess if more Auras become important to Standard it will become more popular, but right now the problem in games seems to be Equipment, not Auras. However, I do think it will ruin a Zur EDH deck's plans pretty well.

Really, I think this is something you can build around to add many huge, game-changing Auras, but it might be a weak deck otherwise then (of course, in an Angel/Aura deck, the mirror would be a long, boring game, I bet...). It can also see play if Auras come around to a higher potential than they are right now, as a SB card.

I do like the art though.
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.

Is this a new artist? I like her style. The card is good too. Seems very fun and abusable as an EDH general.

She debuted in Innistrad, made half a dozen cards - Victim of Night, Sharpened Pitchfork, Blood Feud...

[<o>]
She seems like a really fun edh general.
So im officially declaring my goal to make a jenara tribal angel edh decks just so i can use this and give the finger to my fiance's uril and zur decks, yay!
If you've recognized that Zur, the Enchanter is too busted of an EDH general to be fun and you aren't quite cool enough for Hakim, Loreweaver yet, this is a great general.

Really love EDH generals that reward players for not just filling their deck with good stuff. 
I wish this had flash instead of vigilance - would be just great to flash it out in front of a loaded up Uril or Rafiq and take their stuff and punch them in the solar plexus.

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

I feel like they should have made up a new keyword to shorten her text box by about 5 lines.. something like "Aura Magnetism".

... I don't think this is playable outside of Commander.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
... I don't think this is playable outside of Commander.

Well with Ravnica returning, if it's anything like the first time around, then she may see play in standard. Time will tell, I guess.

Regardless I plan on picking her up at least for casual fun, she's just got too much "wow" factor to her for me.
I don't know, it seems like an EDH card only. Maybe some super control deck can land it and then swing away, but I dont think they would have  alot of useful auras too.
Most of these mythics in this set are Commander- and casual-only cards.  And I'm okay with that.  These are some of the most mythic mythics I've ever seen.  That's awesome.
attack, attach 3 Angelic Destiny, a Spirit Mantle, a Spectral Flight... hell Curiousity for fun

self-mill to get these cards into your hand/grave

20/20 pro creatures, etc.