DLCR: Gutter Grime

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I couldn't find this one anywhere. If I missed it, can someone point me to it? In case it wasn't covered before though, here's your chance!

Gutter Grime

Show

5.0: I will always play this card. Period.
4.5: I will almost always play this card, regardless of what else I get.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color. (Given that I’m playing that color, I will play this card 100% of the time.)
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me into this color. If playing that color, I essentially always play these. (Given that I’m playing that color, I will play this card 90% of the time.)
2.0: If I’m playing this color, I usually play these. (70%)
1.5: This card will make the cut into the main deck about half the times I play this color. (50%)
1.0: I feel bad when this card is in my main deck. (30%)
0.5: There are situations where I might sideboard this into my deck, but I’ll never start it. (10%)
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding). (0%).

A card that punishes your opponent for killing your creatures? Not only that, but the more they kill the worse off they are? I can get behind that, especially in a creature heavy color like green. It's susceptible to enchantment removal, but otherwise it can be pretty much impossible for your opponent to deal with.

1.5-2.0.

Comparing this to Feed the Pack is like comparing Unsummon to Jace, the Mind Sculptor. It just doesn't quite cut it.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
This is a solid 3.0 for me. If I open this and there's nothing like a Huntmaster or a Lingering Souls in the pack, I'm taking this and making it work. I may not do well, but I'm sure as hell wanting to play this and having a blast with this thing in my deck.
I don't know, I've had opponents fail with this and Divine Reckoning. That seems like it should be an easy combo to make work.
This is a solid 3.0 for me. If I open this and there's nothing like a Huntmaster or a Lingering Souls in the pack, I'm taking this and making it work. I may not do well, but I'm sure as hell wanting to play this and having a blast with this thing in my deck.

Where do you get packs that mix Dark Ascension & Innistrad cards???

Where do you get packs that mix Dark Ascension & Innistrad cards???

Oh derp, misread the set symbol. Shows how often I open Gutter Grime!

Replace huntmaster/lingering souls with any high-tier card in Innistrad.
Point still well taken.
I would rather play a Hollowhenge Beast than a gutter grime.

Sign In to post comments