Need help making a W/R Boros Aggro Deck.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've never played aggro in legacy before. (Does burn deck count as aggro!?) So I need some ideas to make this deck, so if anyone has a deck list I can get ideas from or something that would be great.

As for the budget, keep it limited I do have some money but not a ton.
For example, I can't afford Alpha Dual lands.

Thanks.
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats
It's going to be pretty tough to do a multi-colored deck that's competitive without the duals.  I guess you could swap in the Shock lands, but it's just not the same.  I'll use the real duals just in case someone wants to try it out.  Maybe something like this would be ok...

I'm pretty unsure about all of the white creatures.  I figure that Mom can help you get damage through and keep your creatures on the board.  Student of Warfare looks ok, as it's similar to Figure of Destiny.  Isamaru is just there because it's an undercosted creature.  The fetches probably aren't absolutely necessary, but I figure that it'd be good since you want a lot of both colors.

EDIT:  Totally forgot to stick in the dual land...
It's going to be pretty tough to do a multi-colored deck that's competitive without the duals.  I guess you could swap in the Shock lands, but it's just not the same.  I'll use the real duals just in case someone wants to try it out.  Maybe something like this would be ok...

I'm pretty unsure about all of the white creatures.  I figure that Mom can help you get damage through and keep your creatures on the board.  Student of Warfare looks ok, as it's similar to Figure of Destiny.  Isamaru is just there because it's an undercosted creature.  The fetches probably aren't absolutely necessary, but I figure that it'd be good since you want a lot of both colors.

Revised Plateau are the cheapest of the duals. You might as well break down and buy them if you really want to play the deck. I think Steppe Lynx is run over Student here, especially with all the fetches suggested. Also the next set has a nice red spell that might be replacing Rift Bolt, you can go find that in Speculation if interested.
I do like Steppe Lynx better that Student.  I might even consider running another couple fetches if you do.
This deck isn't going to be competitive, the only reason for making this deck is to play legacy with friends who don't have standard decks.

Also would anyone sugest running Mystic Forge with equipment? Or does the Burn/Aggro method work alot better?
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats
Stoneforge Mystic is just too slow for an aggro deck.  That package is meant for a controlling deck to use it.

If this isn't about a competitive deck, take it up to the Casual forum.  That's what its there for.
Sign In to post comments