Ride the Giant Down question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yesterday was the first time I got to use my Ride the Giant Down power from the Giantslayer paragon path power. For those unfamilar it lets me move onto an enemies square and move when and where ever the enemy moves.

When I used this power I entered the square of a Bronze Dragon. This dragon turns to sand, would that have thrown me off? What if the dragon takes flight (which he did?) Since it is a very vague power, how does that work?

In the end we I had to jump off from 32 squares up, surviving from some readied action heals just before I cratered into the ground. (Also failed the dwarven saving throw agaisnt prone, else it would have been completley awesome)

Is there any specific rules for this kind of situation, where you enter a creatures square but then has a different movement type then you (fly, burrow, swim, etc.) 
"When the target moves, you move with it." He is stuck with you. Sand, flight, teleportation, doesn't matter.
Along those lines, you will be separated from the creature if it is removed from play, because that is not movement.
Yesterday was the first time I got to use my Ride the Giant Down power from the Giantslayer paragon path power. For those unfamilar it lets me move onto an enemies square and move when and where ever the enemy moves.

When I used this power I entered the square of a Bronze Dragon. This dragon turns to sand, would that have thrown me off? What if the dragon takes flight (which he did?) Since it is a very vague power, how does that work?

In the end we I had to jump off from 32 squares up, surviving from some readied action heals just before I cratered into the ground. (Also failed the dwarven saving throw agaisnt prone, else it would have been completley awesome)

Is there any specific rules for this kind of situation, where you enter a creatures square but then has a different movement type then you (fly, burrow, swim, etc.) 

While it would be awesome to land standing up...you can't use Stand Your Ground to save from going prone when you fall. The wording is:

In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.

Along those lines, you will be separated from the creature if it is removed from play, because that is not movement.

Not by strick RAW since Removed From Play is moving since it let you leave a square to enter another (someplace else).

In the same line, you'd fall with it too. 
Thanks for the responses. Also I didn't catch the bit about being knocked prone from an attack. I use the CB and the character sheet doesn't reveal that little bit. 
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" class="mceContentBody " contenteditable="true" />Not by strick RAW since Removed From Play is moving since it let you leave a square to enter another (someplace else).

Not true.  When you're removed from play, you're leaving a square, but you're not entering any square.  You are removed from play.  You don't have a map where you go, or adjacency, or anything else.

Similarly, when returning from "removed from play", you're entering a square without leaving one.

Neither "removed from play" nor re-entering after "removed from play" is a Move, by RAW.
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Damage types and resistances: A working house rule.
Sign In to post comments