The Revenge of Heinsoo

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Interesting.  Will be very curious to see what they come up with.

Not clear why this is in 4e General, though.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

bc its where it belongs?

what does it have to do with 4th edition?
its the lead designer of 4e coming out w a new game so its generally related to 4e, what am i supposed to put it in?

you guys are a little overkill on the whole forum police thing, a little too hot and heavy about the forum sections, take a chill pill Surprised
Hey, I'm just following your lead.
Interesting, I wish them well. I generally love 4th edition, so it will be fun to see what they cook up when unhampered by tradition or the need to keep certain D&D tropes.
yay buried, thanks
Woot, 4efinder!
It's one of the lead designers of 4e (Rob Heinsoo) teaming up with the lead designer of 3e (Jonathan Tweet) working on a supplement that is specifically designed to appeal to all fantasy roleplaying gamers.  It has no more to do with 4e, than Scott Rouse's work promoting Skyrim.
I’ve removed content from this thread because discussion of moderation in the forums is considered forum disruption and is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

If you have a question about moderation in the forums please contact Customer Service here: wizards.custhelp.com/app/ask
It's one of the lead designers of 4e (Rob Heinsoo) teaming up with the lead designer of 3e (Jonathan Tweet) working on a supplement that is specifically designed to appeal to all fantasy roleplaying gamers.  It has no more to do with 4e, than Scott Rouse's work promoting Skyrim.

Well, it is built off of 4e, but uses the OGL. It has lots of 4e-isms, too.
If it's a combo of 4e and other RPGs it goes in Other RPGs.
I was approached to playtest 13th Age, but i had to pass up. With Tales of Greyhawk, LFR and other playtesting i do, i unfortunatly don't have time left to commit to other playtest project.

I hope such competition can only benefit the game industry in general by pushing Paizo, WoTC and Pelgrane, among others, to produce even better games for the D&D genre. But i fear all this will harm Open Playtests by reducing to a minimum the material released to public so less info can fall in the competitor's hands, sadly. 

13th Age looks promising though and i think the RPG industry can only growth from it and be a good thing for the consumer. 

the story line is bad ass. im def building an absurdly hot druid chick with all kinds of inappropriate armor.
13th Age looks promising though and i think the RPG industry can only growth from it and be a good thing for the consumer.

I agree!
the story line is bad ass. im def building an absurdly hot druid chick with all kinds of inappropriate armor.

Lol, epic.

I recently heard about 13th Age through Twitter. The idea seems really good. I'm looking forward to checking out. From what I read, it sounds like they're taking the emphasis off of combat and putting it more on role-playing and such. I think that's a good idea for a new game system.

Thanks for posting up such a great thread, Frothsof. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the system. Too bad it's all hushed up. ;)

David L. Dostaler Author, Challenger RPG (free)
The game is in pre-order now and you get the current post-playtest draft of the rules in PDF form if you pre-order. The price at $44.95 + shipping is a bit steep if you are just interested in checking it out, but from what I've read so far, having taken the plunge, it's worth it. This is not precisely D&D Next nor is it precisely an evolution of 4e, nor is it precisely a throwback to earlier D&D editions. I'd say it is a really good balance of all of those plus a lot of new stuff woven in there as well. To me, this is the direction I want to take my D&D gaming and I can easily see this becoming a major force in the D&D RPG realm right alongside Pathfinder and ultimately D&D Next. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this stole a big chunk of the existing Pathfinder and WotC D&D pie right out of the gate.
My LFR Modules:
Show
EAST1-3 Unbidden (H3) EAST2-3 Nightmares (P1) NETH3-1 Secrets and Shadows (Paragon Tier) (Author) ELTU3-6 True Blue (Heroic Tier) (Author) EPIC3-3 The Tangled Skein of Destiny (Co-Author) ABER4-3 A Little Rebellion (Paragon Tier) (Author) WATE4-1 Paying the Piper (Heroic Tier) (Co-Author)
Sign In to post comments