[AVR-ICD] Craterhoof Behemoth

63 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craterhoof Behemoth

Creature -- Beast (M)
Haste 
When Craterhoof Behemoth enters the battlefield, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X until the end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Its footsteps of today are the lakes of tomorrow.
5/5

Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
No sir, I don't like it. I see no reason for this to be a mythic and no reason for this to not be in a core set.
Meh, Overrun wins the game just the same.  This is so over kill.
why is every mythic in this set so expensive???
False, black bear.
EDH crap I'll pass.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

I don't see how this fits the Innistrad setting in the slightest...

why is every mythic in this set so expensive???

Cycle of 8 mana cost creatures?

Where was this thing hiding? Seriously kind of out of place, more mechanical then I would expect.

Lots of fun for casual timmy. Or EDH. Ghave, Mayel, and more will like this guy. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
This is exactly what Mythics should be big, splashy, niche cards.  Everyone complains when a chase card is made a mythic and then also complains when not very useful cards are made mythics.  Gotta make up your minds.

Though, this card is not very flavorful.

8cc...
5/5...
8 + 5 = 13? ;)
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
This card is lame but the art is friggin' sweet.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
Makes as much sense as Vorapede? :p
not very mythic imo.
It fits the Innistrad setting just fine, if for no other reason than we know from the articles thus far that creatures Innistrad hasn't seen in ages are returning.

Apart from that, Hollowhenge Beast

As far as the card itself goes, it's huge. This can't be allowed to be a common occurence in draft settings because whoever gets it will basically win all day long.

Maybe it's a Cloverfield reference? 
Makes as much sense as Vorapede? :p

Vorapede was a big scary bug that doesn't die.

This a big derpy derp that derps.
... This is pretty random. o.0

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Blue players get Time Walk, Black ones have Necropotence and we get THIS?!

Why do they hate green so much?
If Limited gets in the way of printing good Constructed cards... Screw limited
mono green undying aggro and the druid's repository?

6/6 trample haste for 8, bit steep but add an overrun on top, this ends the game, even if you only drew mana critters for your first 5 turns
2 other creatures (lets say saprolings):

an 8/8, 2 4/4's attacking. All trampling. It could be worse.

3 saps
9/9 and 3 5/5's: 24 trampling damage crashing in.

Not really likely, especially outside of casual, but it'll make some awesome stories. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
I'm not sure this will see play in Limited or Constructed. Yes, it's a huge bomb, but 8 mana is a lot even by Limited standards.

Maybe in EDH, if there are decks that rely on tokens, but otherwise no. 
2 other creatures (lets say saprolings):

an 8/8, 2 4/4's attacking. All trampling. It could be worse.

3 saps
9/9 and 3 5/5's: 24 trampling damage crashing in.

Not really likely, especially outside of casual, but it'll make some awesome stories. 

undying decks seem to have a lot of creatures on the board for a long time
I don't get the flavor, but it's a kinda neat card I guess.
5/5
Haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, you win the game.

Sounds good to me. How much is gsz going for at the moment?
Sweet casual card. Should be decent in EDH. Side from that is just ok.
Actually it'd make a nifty singleton in a ramp deck or a Quicksilver Amulet deck.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
I call this a win as it's another green creature with haste.
the turn this comes out you should be winning. with massive tokens out this is 50+ damage, in mono green ramp its around that. idk im still not sure about this card
False, black bear.
Pay 8 mana, win the game

With the amount of ramp in green you could easily play this on turn 5, supe up those mana critters and sa-WING for a beat down
100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
Better question, what does Nicol Bolas want with the lightbulb?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
You can't ramp into this guy with mana critters because then they'll all be tapped -_-
Shush, I had thought of that

Honest 
100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
Better question, what does Nicol Bolas want with the lightbulb?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
You can use Solemn Simulacrum and Primeval Titan to ramp into it though.
I guess my silly Pod deck has a new 8 drop.
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)
I guess this may become a green finisher once PT rotates out but still seems pretty meh to me.  Also agree with everyone who says this has no real flavour to match it to the current set and seems a waste of a mythic slot.
I totally agree that Craterhoof doesn't fit the theme for this set, but I'll take a gem when I find one!

For use, could be really easy with all the saproling engines out there.  Sprout, Sprout Swarm, Scatter the Seeds, and Life and Limb (or Gaea's Cradle if you're so blessed to own a few).  Slap down behemoth on turn 4-5 ftw!
When this thing lands the game is over if you're playing your green deck properly.

If you have say 6 dudes out (not difficult for green or G/W), then drop this thing, suddenly the extra Overrun damage is 49 trample. Not even counting the base damage.

Unless your opponent has giant sides of beef for defenders or has been playing Gnaw To The Bone or Archangel's Light, I'm not sure what games that doesn't end immediately.
Ok, so swing-a-saurs rex seems interesting, new green finisher for sure, too bad he would be a little difficult in a Heartless Summoning deck. 

How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Seems like a winmore card to me.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
At least he's a very decisive creature.
If green lands this guy, they win.
If he gets countered, green loses.
not very mythic imo.

People never think big green creatures should be mythic. But, it's what green does.
this + [Card]Army of the damned[/card] = 13 16/16 tramplers.

13 x 16 = 208 + the 18 damage from the behemoth = 226.

If only it was actually possible to pull off.

I have a token deck for this.......also is it just me or does the art make this lizard look larger than ludavics abomination? Yet the later is 13/13 and this is just 5/5