*Contains Spoilers* Tich's Ongoing Avacyn Restored Set Review *Contains Spoilers*

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
Introduction
Now that official spoilers for Avacyn Restored have started being released, I figured that I'd start my unofficial multiplayer set review rather than simply posting it all at once at the end. I'll be looking at the cards from a 100% multiplayer point of view, which will include "multiplayer formats" such as EDH. I won't touch on every card in the set, since a fair number of them won't be worth discussing at all. As such, don't be surprised if you don't see every card listed here in the end. I'll also be discussing the various mechanics of the set and what I think about them in general rather than simply droning over the same things every time I get to a card that has them. The goal of this analysis will basically be to highlight "what's hot" and "what's not," and give people a good idea on what cards they should be looking to invest in from a multiplayer point of view. People should feel free to jump in and discuss whatever they want about AVR, even if it doesn't pertain to what I'm personally focused on. If you have any awesome new ideas coming up that have been inspired by what you've seen so far, feel free to share them.

Set's Mechanics
Soulbond
I wasn't sure how I felt about this mechanic at first, but I've basically come to conclusion that it has to be bad. The reason why I initially liked it was because it fits my play style very well. I typically find that people overcommit to the board in multiplayer games, whereas I prefer to play 1-2 solid threats and to simply leave it at that. Soulbond is a great mechanic for only committing 2 creatures to the board while still being able to effectively dissuade attackers. The 2 creatures should both become fairly powerful for their cost after all. The problem with this mechanic is that it actively rewards people for playing removal on you. You put yourself in a position where you have 2 creatures who are very powerful together, but who are virtually useless on their own. They scream out to everyone "kill me during combat and my friend here will die too!" Every single combat trick becomes a massive blowout against you, and I just can't get behind that. There's even the mental aspect to consider. Everyone wants to feel like a hero who's massively outplayed someone else, which is terrible when you're setting yourself up to get 2-for-1'd with a keyword like this. Even if your 2 creatures don't represent a serious threat to anyone, I still think that they'll draw removal if only so people can feel as though they've outplayed you. Feeding people's egos is always a bad idea, and so you should never give people the opportunity to get the best of you. They'll take it every chance that they can get. All-in-all I dislike how the mechanic turned out, even though I can definitely see the potential in it.

Miracle
If Soulbond is weak then Miracle is miserable. This is a mechanic that you should actively avoid unless otherwise stated. In multiplayer games you never want your hand to be forced, and that's all that this mechanic does. Most of the Miracle cards are horribly overcosted to cast normally, but have incredibly cheap Miracle costs that will sometimes allow you to fire them off cheaply early on. Still, you never want to be forced to expend resources in a Chaos game until it's absolutely vital, and so I can't see myself ever ripping a Thunderous Wrath and wanting to cast it immediately. I'd much rather wait until something attacked me. The problem is that now I suddenly need 6 mana to cast it and well... yeah... not happening. I do not like this mechanic at all, and I don't expect to be seeing much of it at my tables and in our cubes.

Set's Colors
White
Angel of Jubilation: As powerful at this card can be at times, I still dislike it in general. It's an extremely narrow hate card designed to pick on Black self-sacrifice and/or life payment effects. Still, it will probably always fail to accomplish that task effectively. It has no protection and will likely eat a random removal spell and perish long before it noticeably stunts someone's deck's progression. Cards like these have never been good in the past, and I don't think that this one will fare any better. I also dislike the restrictive nature of the triple White mana cost, since it basically makes the card unusable outside of mono-White decks. I suppose that it's basically a Glorious Anthem that you pay an extra 1 to get a 3/3 flying body out of, but realistically it still isn't going to be a good card very often. The number of decks that will want to include this kind of card will be few and far between. It's too flimsy and unreliable to rely on.

Avacyn, Angel of Hope: The nuts. I don't care if you cheat her into play or slowly Land Tax your way there, since the game is basically over once you get there. This card is clearly ridiculous and will instantly become a casual reanimator staple. It has all of the upsides of a massive fatty and few of the associated risks to removal. Get used to seeing this card, because it's not going anywhere for a long time as far as I'm concerned.

Banishing Stroke: Potential EDH staple. White struggles to beat oppressive generals at times, and this is a decent out to them. The steep cost is somewhat obtrusive, and basically prevents it from ever being an "auto-include," but it still seems solid.

Cathars' Crusade: Seems playable in token decks. It should be a fairly strong finisher in anything that can churn out a bunch of dudes every turn. Check out the token deck White guide (linked in my sig) if you're looking for a deck that could run a card such as this.

Commander's Authority: Why is this 5 mana? I want to like it, but really, this thing should cost 3 or something. 4 tops. At 5 mana I can't get behind it. If you play this on a creature only to have it die before your next upkeep rolls around... well I don't even want to think about those scenarios : /. This is another card that had potential but was ruined with its ludicrous CMC.

Entreat the Angels: I didn't like this card at first, but it's starting to grow on me. Past turn 5 it becomes the best draw in your deck, and it can still come down much later on to win you the game if needed. It really does feel like a Decree of Justice in that sense.

Herald of War: It pumps itself over time and reduces the cost of your spells, but I'd be hard-pressed to find an actual home for this thing. Maybe some sort of Aegis Angel, Angelic Overseer, Captain of the Watch, Konda, Lord of Eiganjo, Deathless Angel deck of some sorts?

Restoration Angel: Solid trap card that will surely be blowing people out for many years to come. It's so much more powerful than Stonecloakers and whatnot in my mind. I love how big it is, I love the blink effect, I love its mana cost... I love everything about this card.

Silverblade Paladin: Could be used to fill your curve in creature-heavy decks. Doublestrike is a powerful deterrent that can be both offensive and defensive as needed.

Terminus: Hallowed Burial is perfectly playable at 6 mana, and when you cast it for 1 you'll just feel like a champ. This will easily become an EDH staple, as it's the perfect card to hose people playing abusive combo-based generals and whatnot. "Tucking" effects are incredibly useful in the format, and this is one of the better cards at it. In terms of general Chaos games, this still feels like a Wrath of God that nails Indestructible creatures that will occasionally cost you 1 mana.

Blue
Arcane Melee: Gah... why did this thing have to cost 5... and affect everyone? I can't see this taking off as anything special for those reasons alone. Nice concept, but I don't expect to see much of it. Maybe if only affected you it would be marginally playable? Not even though.... Yeah, this one is just a flop. I can't find a single redeeming quality in it. I suppose it could be played in those "Fakeshift" formats where you flip a random card from a side deck and continue the game with its effect until a new card get flipped. It does feel like it could be a Plane effect from a Planeshift card after all.

Devastation Tide: Now this is a card that I can get behind. An Evacuation for all non-land permanents with a solid miracle cost? Ok, sure, it's not an Instant, but the card is still insane. I'm loving this card for Blue-based Control decks that just need to stabilize the board long enough to plop down a win-condition and ride it to victory.

Fettergeist: Mildly playable defensive card for Blue decks that need an early body to fend-off attackers. I like the fact it can then go on to attack people, unlike Fog Bank and Guard Gomazoa.

Infinite Reflection: The word "nontoken" makes this card completely worthless in my mind. 6 mana "do nothing" auras in Blue aren't the kinds of cards that you should be looking to field in a multiplayer setting. I basically couldn't care less about what you could throw this on because it will still never make the card good. Adding good creatures and terrible support cards to your decks won't make them powerful. It'll just average out to something mediocre that might, once in a blue moon, get people by pulling off some ridiculous chain of spells or whatever. 2 big thumbs down on this one.

Lone Revenant: At 5 mana this card is somewhat unreliable as a draw engine, but it's still a 4/4 Hexproof with a powerful ability. I could see it used in U/x (namely W and/or B) Control decks as a way to constantly dig for relevant answers.

Lunar Mystic: I love drawing cards, and I don't mind paying a single mana to do it. That being said, I typically dislike piling too many instants into my multiplayer decks just because instants tend to be tempo cards with small effects. They're typically not very powerful in a multiplayer setting for that reason. Still, it's a Wizard and it draws cards, so it's hard for me to find a real fault in the thing.

Misthollow Griffin: An interesting but ultimately gimmicky card outside of Food Chain combo decks. There's no question that it combos nicely with cards such as Force of Will, Moorland Haunt, Skaab Ruinator and much more, but it's still just a 3/3 flier at the end of the day. It's cute, and it certainly feels mythic, but this isn't the kind of card that you'll just want to have lying around for general use or anything. It needs a very dedicated deck, and even when it has one it's not doing anything overly powerful. I'd be surprised to see this thing see much of a splash outside of straight Food Chain decks after any initial hype dies down.

Nephalia Smuggler: Good early drop who can bring some serious utility to your 187-based decks. Not terribly exciting, but certainly not boring or bad. I'd be surprised if this thing didn't find a home in plenty of U/W Venser-based Control decks.

Spirit Away: At 7 mana I'll have to pass on this one. It's not as cheap as Control Magic  nor as flexible as Confiscate. I don't want to pay 3 mana for the +2/+2 and flying.

Stolen Goods: Another card that might seem good but probably has no real useful applications at the end of the day. I get that you can combo it with Griptide and any number of other similar spells, but I really don't want to pay ~8 mana and use up 2 cards for a wanna-be Control Magic. I guess you could combo it with Memory Lapse to steal spells, but again, this just feels too gimmicky and unreliable.

Tamiyo, the Moon Sage: Her +1 is miserable, her -2 is passable and her ultimate will draw far too much hate to ever be fired off. It obviously wins the game if you ever get there and have say Rewind, but let's get real here. You're not going to see it. I feel like all she's going to do is draw you a few cards and proceed to get herself and/or you killed. I don't even think that she's better than Fact or Fiction/Jace's Ingenuity. Avoid this one in multiplayer.

Black
Barter in Blood: One of my favorite spells of all time just got a reprint. This is one of those cards that everyone needs 4 of, and this will be an easy way to acquire them.

Blood Artist: I love this little guy. My Vampire drain decks have been begging for a 2 drop that isn't Blood Seeker. Pair him with Leechridden Swamp, Pulse Tracker, Bloodchief Ascension, Vampire Nighthawk, Falkenrath Noble, Malakir Bloodwitch, Chancellor of the Dross, Exsanguinate and any number of good drain/draw spells really.

Dark Imposter: I don't know how to rate this creature. A 3 mana 2/2 that does stone nothing until turn 6 feels meh, but if you do get there then he does work. Exiling is incredibly powerful, and pumping your creature and stealing abilities while you do it seems good to me. Still, I can't help but feel like you'll fall too far behind if you tap out to use him every turn. It's probably not a card that I'll personally play, but at the same time I wouldn't fault people for trying to make him work.

Demonic Rising: If this card had been 4 mana I would have loved it. As it stands, it seems somewhat playable, but probably too slow to be of any real use. I want to pair it with powerful defensive creatures such as Abyssal Gatekeeper, Wall of Souls, and even recurring threats such as Reassembling Skeleton. I'm also thinking about Pestilence decks that might have say a single Phylactery Lich or Darksteel Myr in play.

Demonic Taskmaster: When I first read this card I saw the words "upkeep" and "sacrifice" and instantly dismissed it as the worst card of all time. Thankfully my friend calmly pointed out the word "another" for me. Ok, so it's playable in creature-light Control decks that just need 1 good body to act a blocker, but that's really all that it's good for. Still, the 3 toughness really bothers me, since it basically turns it from an impassable wall to something that you can easily trade with. I still dislike the card immensely, but at least it isn't strictly worse than a basic land like I initially thought.

Demonlord of Ashmouth: Unlike the Taskmaster, I correctly read this card the first time, which hopefully explains why I was so "doom and gloom" when I started the read the aforementioned card. The only reason why I'm listing this card is so to warn people not to use it. My favorite creatures are Bloodghast and Reassembling Skeleton, and not even I would touch this card with a 10-foot pole. The chance of poor draws (i.e. draws with no sacrifice fodder) and removal both make this card incredibly risky to field, and so I wouldn't put much faith into having it be that super awesome 5-6 power flier with 2 lives.

Descent into Madness: This card is overcosted unfortunately. It's no Smokestack or anything that can control its counters either. You can't even abuse it with Sundial of the Infinite or recurring threats such as Bloodghast and Reassembling Skeleton. Kinda disappointed really. I'm sure some people will play it if only because it says "each player," but I'm not very excited about this card.

Dread Slaver: This card just feels completely unexciting to me. A 5 mana 3/5 doesn't figure to be able to kill anything relevant, and so this feel like little more than an overcosted wall. These types of cards are just never as good as you need them to be, and I can't say that I've ever been impressed with them.

Driver of the Dead: Cute creature that I don't mind at all. Combos nicely with Typhoid Rats, Abyssal Gatekeeper, Guul Draz Assassin and other early-game defensive critters. I wish that he was bigger than a 3/2, but I don't think that he's unplayable by any means.

Exquisite Blood: Combos with Sanguine Bond to outright win the game once you can deal a single point of damage, but still has use beyond that. I want to pair it with Exsanguinate, Blood Tithe, Syphon Soul, Kokusho, the Evening Star and some amazing life-for-cards effects such as Necropotence, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Promise of Power and Necrologia. Still, it might simply be win-more in that style of deck. I wouldn't be adverse to trying out a copy or two in my drain decks, but it's not something that I'd field the full 4 of. I could also see people build combo decks that Transmute a Brainspoil on turn 3, wipe the field on turn 4 (Barter in Blood, Mutilate, Damnation) and then play the combo on turns 5 and 6 only to win on turn ~7 or so. Could be fairly and powerful and consistent, especially if Demonic Tutor and Vampiric Tutor are potential turn 1 and 2 plays.

Gloom Surgeon: Cool creature, cool art, cool effect, weak card. I can't think of a single application of this card outside of a defensive body in a Mortal Combat + Iname, Death Aspect combo deck. As cute as an "unkillable" creature can be, the 2/1 body just kills it for me. It's never going to be a relevant threat and it's never going to dissaude attacks on you (I mean, you still have to exile cards).

Griselbrand: Now we're talking. Yawgmoth's Bargain with a 7/7 flying, lifelinking body is a-ok in my book. This card will undoubtedly become an EDH staple as both a Commander and a general servant, since you basically can't lose once you get one into play (Bargain is banned for a reason). Playing him in Chaos games will be slightly more difficult, since getting to that 8 mana isn't always easy. Luckily Black is the color that has access to Cabal Coffers and Animate Dead, and so I don't think that it will take very long for this guy to catch on as a chase, casual rare. Black is the color with Exsanguinate after all. I could easily see people building mid-range reanimtor decks that use Kokusho, the Evening Star, Buried Alive, various reanimation effects, Necropotence, Phyrexian Arena, Syphon Soul, Blood Tithe, Exsanguinate, etc. Drain-revival decks with tons of solid draw engines basically.

Harvester of Souls: I can't properly express how much I like this card. It's incredibly defensive, it's a draw engine in-of-itself, and it gets stronger as the number of players increases. Like, this card would good if it just triggered off of your Reassembling Skeletons and Bloodghasts, or even if it caused you to lose a life every time you drew a card, but this? Really? I'm just going to shut up and enjoy my new toy. There's nothing that I can say about it that isn't blatantly obvious already. Buy it for the $.50 or whatever that it's going to sell for eventually and never look back.

Homicidal Seclusion: See Demonic Rising. Why does this set have like 100 5 CMC Black enchantments that all do similar things lol?

Killing Wave: As bad as this card is, I really like it. The color with Exsanguinate, Blood Tithe, Syphon Soul, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Chancellor of the Dross, Polluted Bonds, Urborg Syphon-Mage and Bloodchief Ascension just got a mass removal spell that cares about your opponents' life totals. I'm a huge fan of this card. It's no Damnation, but hey, I'm trying to have reasonable expectations here. I want to stress that this is actually a very bad card to use in duels, which will probably keep its value relatively low. Like, if this thing sees serious Standard play then I will buy a hat and eat it. Quote me on this if you want. It's a terrible card for duels, but I already love it for multiplayer. It's going to be finding a home in my Black/Red Breath of Malfegor, Fault Line, Exsanguinate, Earthquake, etc. burn decks.

Maalfed Twins: This card reminds me a lot of Grixis Slavedriver. As much as I thought the latter could be a playable card, in testing I found the 6 CMC too be far too high to make the card worthwhile. That's Grave Titan mana right there, and neither of these cards are Grave Titans. It's not a horrible card, but you can do so much more with 6 mana nowadays.

Soulcage Fiend: I love Blistergrub and I love this card. It's going straight in to my Xathrid Demon deck featuring such hits as Howling Banshee and Caustic Hound.

Treacherous Pit-Dweller: This is one of those cards that should be horrible, but could potentially be monstrous if you knew that you wouldn't be swung at. I personally hate it, but the card is pretty insane if it "never backfires."

Unhallowed Pact: I was back and forth on this card for a bit, but ultimately I'm going to have to give it a thumbs down. It's not a 3 mana Control Magic nor is it a 3 mana Rise from the Grave. It's part of a ~2 card combo that figures to, at best, land you a creature. That's simply not powerful enough to justify its inclusion in your decks.

Red
Dual Casting: I don't know why Red was given like 10 useless Auras in this set, but I guess this is the most playable of the lot. Still, I want to stress that it's an Aura. Like... an Aura. Do you know how bad Auras not named Rancor are? Hint: really bad. If this thing could copy any spells then maybe, but even I wouldn't touch the thing personally.

Falkenrath Exterminator: This is a creature that I don't mind. If you can get it some quick hits early against someone who is slow out of the gates then you might find yourself with a 3/3 who pings for 3 for 3 mana. That's a lot of 3s! Still, this card is basically the worst thing you could possibly draw in the mid-to-late game, which basically takes him out of the running.

Gang of Devils: There will always be a time and a place for defensive cards, but this isn't one of them. At 6 mana he simply costs far too much to be worth considering.

Havengul Vampire: Rockslide Elemental is severely underrated, and this card isn't that much worse than it. At 4 mana it costs a bit too much to become an outright staple, but it's easily playable in the right metas.

Hound of Griselbrand: I like this card a lot. It's very hard to engage it profitably. I also like the fact that it can be aggressive or passive as the situation calls for, unlike other cards which can only do one or the other.

Malignus: By far and away the best card that we've seen for Red so far. This figures to be a 5 mana ~10/10 (20/20 in EDH) for most of the game as long as you're willing to leave one of the weaker players at a relatively high life total. The damage prevention... prevention is lackluster, there's no question about that, but I'd still happy to play this thing as another Taurean Mauler in my decks. Big dudes that survive Earthquakes and Fault Lines are awesome in my book, and so I feel like this could easily become a staple. He's also a fantastic answer to Exsanguinate and/or Congregate effects that might otherwise leave your burn strategies helpless. You will always be able to knock people back down to reasonable totals as long as you can connect with this guy a few times. And like, if other people just so happen to get insta-skilled along the way, we won't lose any sleep over that now will we? All-in-all I'm very excited to see this card, and I highly recommend acquiring them if you get the opportunity to do so.

Reforge the Soul: Probably not playable since I doubt you'd want to fire off a draw-7 willy-nilly, but it's still a draw 7 so it's likely going to be playable in combo decks. I can't think of a home for it just yet, but I'm guessing that it'll be some form of U/R monstrosity.

Rite of Ruin: This is a cool card, but the 7 CMC is a bit unfortunate. It reminds me a lot of Wildfire, but has the added bonus of being able to axe indestructible creatures and whatnot. The artifact removal isn't trivial either. The issue that I have with this card is that it feels difficult to abuse. You typically want to chain an Inferno Titan into a Destructive Force or whatever, but that doesn't work nearly as well when you lose your creature in the process. I might be missing a few interactions, but ultimately this card feels too weak given its flexible nature. I suppose you could just play with more creatures, or use ones such as Wurmcoil Engine and/or Sundering Titan, but I still feel underwhelmed by it.

Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded: Hey, it's a Planeswalker who can cast Insurrection that only costs 2 mana! Sounds good right? Yeah no. Just no. This card is so miserable that I don't even understand why it was printed. Its other abilities are pitiful and you'll basically never be able to ramp him up to 6 in anything even remotely resembling a typical game of Magic. I don't know why Wizards bothers with cards this bad. Just make it 3 or 4 mana so we can get something playable out of the deal. No one cares if you're "pushing the boundary" with a 2 CMC Walker sigh.

Tyrant of Discord: Not the most playable card ever since it does cost 7 mana, but it would still be fun to pair it with something like Epicenter or Destructive Force. I'd imagine that you'd basically be forced to Mana Geyser both cards out on the same turn however. I suppose that he could be used "just because," but that feels very risky. A 7 mana 7/7 that may or not remove cards doesn't sound all that exciting. I'm giving this card way too much credit now that I think about it, since it's just plain unplayable in anything really.

Vexing Devil: Probably not playable because someone will probably be willing to take 4, but I still found this card hilarious. I want to stress that these "choice" cards tend to be much stronger in multiplayer than they are in duels, since things can often devolve into a game of chicken where no one is willing to blink. Still, I have a feeling that too many decks would just plain lose to something like this, so I don't think that it'll be playable like oh say Shivan Wumpus can be at times.

Zealous Conscripts. The fact that it can steal anything makes it playable in my mind, especially if you can pair it with a sac outlet of some sort. Not an amazing card by any means, but it can potentially bring an "answer all" to Red. That isn't something you should overlook. It also combos with Splinter Twin and Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, and that certainly isn't irrelevant.

Green
Champion of Lambholt: Might be playable in token decks to get past walls of blockers? I'm thinking Sprout Swarm + Jade Mage style decks here with Awakening and the like. I could see this becoming massive and making your army of 1/1 durdles unblockable.

Craterhoof Behemoth: For anyone who's read this article, I don't know about you, but I would have preferred the super Primeval Titan version. As it stands we have a decent albeit overcosted finisher for your elf/token decks. Still, I can't help but feel like this thing should have untapped your creatures in addition to doing what it already does. It's just plain underpowered as it stands.

Descendants' Path: This thing will be nutty in your tribal decks (thanks Sherlock!). Beast decks will now have access to Garruk's Packleader, Wirewood Savage and this this for card advantage. Elves didn't exactly need the boost, but hey, it won't turn it down either. I'm fairly certain that some people will go out of their way to splash Green for this, and I can't say that I would blame them. I'm very happy to see such a solid card advantage engine in Green heading our way.

Druid's Repository: I could see this thing being played in token/elf decks to cheat out Regal Forces and Emrakul, the Aeons Torns. It really will add up fast, and I like the fact that it promotes attacking. Anything that keeps the action going is solid in my mind, so I tend to like cards that reward players for going on the offense. I can easily envision decks that pair it with Overwhelming Instinct and Genesis Wave to create an insurmountable board position over time.

Grounded: By far and away the best card in the set. Everyone needs 4 of these.

Primal Surge: Not really sure what to say about this card other than to play it in a deck with no other non-permanent cards, 1x Concordant Crossroads and/or 1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. Sakura-Tribe Elder, Khalni Heart Expedition, Solemn Simulacrum and Frontier Guide all spring to mind as potential rampers, and even walls such as Overgrown Battlement and Wall of Roots could be used. I guess my biggest issue is with respect to finding Primal Surge itself. Maybe Rune-Scarred Demon in a Black/Green deck? Bringer of the Black Dawn? Liliana Vess? Planar Portal?

Rain of Thorns: Obvious similarity to Decimate is obvious. This feels like an EDH cards moreso than anything else, since the 6 CMC is a bit much for a Sorcery. It's not unplayable jank since it will always be a solid 3-for-1, but I'd still rather field other cards than this.

Somberwald Sage: This almost feels like a "fixed" Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary. 6 drops on turn 3 was a bit much, but 7 drops on turn 4 is reasonable. The 0/1 body is depressing however, and the creature restriction continues to make this card look more lackluster than ever.

Soul of the Harvest: This thing makes Primordial Sage look like a chump, and I've always felt that Primordial Sage was perfectly playable card. You're not even forced to cast the creatures, which is relevant in decks with Lurking Predators and Vorapede and whatnot. This is a solid card that's definitely worth picking up if you get the chance.

Triumph of Ferocity: Green figures to have the biggest creatures out, so this figures to be a Phyrexian Arena in most decks. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Ulvenwald Tracker: I love this creature. Repeatable, instant-speed removal in Green? That's your 1 drop? Sign me up! This is one of the best cards in the entire set, and I fully expect to see it used for a long time to come. This is the type of effect that Green has been looking for, and so I'm excited to see how this card is used in the future.

Wild Defiance: I don't like this card personally, but I can see its value in metas filled with burn decks that use targeted burn. Why you would ever play a deck like that in multiplayer is beyond me, but I know that some people do play those types of decks in MP so... yeah... If burn decks are owning your creatures, then yeah, this is the card for you.

Wolfir Avenger: Decent trap card that even regenerates to hopefully create some 1-for-0 trades in your favor. The 3/3 body is somewhat lackluster though, and so the card will quickly get outclassed. Not an amazing card by any means, but certainly playable. It makes Albino Troll look like a chump in my mind, and I've been surprisingly impressed with that card at times.

Wolfir Silverheart: As much as I dislike Soulbound, I can't call a 5 mana "12/12" bad. I stand by the mechanic being terrible in general, but I wouldn't look down on anyone using this card or something. I just wish that it had another ability (such as Trample). It just reminds me too much of Precursor Golem. I'd rather have a 5 mana 9/9 than a conditional 5 mana 12/12. Both cards get crushed by removal, so it's not like it's an unreasonable comparison to make.

Multicolor
Bruna, Light of Alabaster: Can't say that I like this one nearly as much as her sisters. I can somewhat see the appeal of playing her in a Zur the Enchanter style deck, and she'll definitely be paired with him in EDH for many years to come, but I dislike the fact that she forces you to put Auras in your deck lol. Eventually she will eat a Damnation or something, and at that point you're probably screwed. She's obviously fine as a 6 mana 5/5 vigilant flier, but I really wouldn't want to be building around an aura creature that doesn't innately have Hexproof.

Gisela, Blade of Goldnight: Amazing powerful card. I'm glad to see Wizards pushing "Inferno Fliers" so much. Pair her with Earthquake, Fault Line, Molten Disaster, Flamebreak and any number of good fliers (Guardian Seraph, Chandra's Spitfire, Kargan Dragonlord) and you have yourself a deck. I'm very excited to see a card like this in the set.

Sigarda, Host of Herons: Undercosted flier who's damn near immortal in metas that don't field much in the way of mass removal. It's a fantastic way to hose that Grave Pact decks and whatnot that might be plaguing your aggro-filled metas, and so I wouldn't be surprised if this thing saw some serious multiplayer play.

Artifacts
Conjurer's Closet: At 5 mana this card doesn't fail to disappoint. Abusing your ETBT effects is nice and all, but it's not worth adding a brick like this to your deck for. I suppose you could combo it with Persist and Undying and other such nonsense as well, but it still feels like a joke of a card to me.

Moonsilver Spear: It's an equipment that constantly churns out bodies. Yes, it's overcosted and slow, but it still brings inevitability to token decks that are already cluttering the field with useless 1/1 durdles anyways. Not a great card, but it's not something that I'd outright refuse to play either. Still, I really wish that that it gave the creature +1/+1 and granted it Hexproof or something. Sorta like a "build your own Geist of Saint Traft." First Strike is probably going to be marginal at best, which is disappointing. I would have gladly taken +2/+2 over it or something.

Otherworld Atlas: I don't understand this card at all. It's feels so much worse than Temple Bell, Howling Mine and/or Font of Mythos. I get the whole "it starts off weaker but ramps out of control over time" argument, but that point you're just asking to get destroyed by removal. Playing this card on turn 4, pumping it up 3 times only to have it eat an Austere Command or something is just going to make you feel miserable. 2 big thumbs down on this one.

Lands
Alchemist's Refuge: An interesting take on Winding Canyons, especially since this one affects all of your other spells as well. Still, I can't say that I'm particularly impressed by this card, if only because I feel like U/G is such an awkward color combination. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that this land will see play at kitchen tables across the globe. I mean, you wouldn't not play it if you had them lying around. Still, I can't help but feel underwhelmed by this card when I compare it to many of the lands in the recent sets. I've seen people play with Leyline of Anticipation and Vedalken Orrery a lot in my day, and I can't say that it's ever impressed me as an effect. Not costing you a spell certainly makes this card much more viable, but I'm basically hung up on the U/G mana cost.

Cavern of Souls: Amazing in tribal decks, especially tribes such as Allies and Slivers that spill into all 5 colors. Still, I want to stress that this card can just plain be used to make your important creatures uncounterable if that's a serious concern for you. It may not work on every creature in your deck, but that really doesn't matter.

Desolate Lighthouse: Offers you decent filtering in the mid-to-late game at very little cost. Not much needs else needs to be said really. It's a good card and you should use it if you have it, but I wouldn't run out and trade for them or anything.

Slayers' Stronghold: I really like this land. Haste and Vigilance are amazing keywords to have access to in multiplayer games, and the +2/+0 is just the icing on the cake. This card should be used in every W/R/x aggro deck in my mind. I'm very excited to see such a powerful land being printed.

Set's Standout Buys
White
Avacyn, Angel of Hope
Restoration Angel
Terminus

Blue
Devastation Tide

Red
Havengul Vampire
Hound of Griselbrand
Malignus

Black
Barter in Blood
Blood Artist
Exquisite Blood
Griselbrand
Harvester of Souls: For 50 cents you really can't go wrong with this guy.

Green
Soul of the Harvest
Triumph of Ferocity
Ulvenwald Tracker

Multicolor
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight

Artifact
Nothing.

Land
Slayers' Stronghold

[b][size="3"]Concluding Thoughts[/b][/size]
The set feels fairly powerful overall, even though the new mechanics both fell flat from a multiplayer perspective in my mind. Black, White and Green all gained access to some powerful new toys, and even Red gained a few more decent beaters and a new combo card. Blue, as per usual, received basically nothing, and continues to be one of the more restricted multiplayer colors in my mind. It already draws cards and bounces creatures extremely well, and so the new additions won't open up any new decks or strategies as far as I'm concerned. Still, it's nice to see a set like this one after DKA disappointed me so much. Going from ~5 playables in a set to ~35 or so is a massive jump, and I'm glad to see that Wizards is still actively making cards for us mutiplayer fanatics.
My guide to Black multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18893722?sdb=1&post_num=1#322195706 My guide to Red multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28999213/?sdb=1&post_num=1#517562879 My guide to White multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29011349/?sdb=1&pg=last#517773211 My guide to Green multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29034323/Tichs_Guide_to_Green_Multiplayer_Cards_and_Strategies
This set looks promising, but on other hand the new mechanics as you stated don't impress at all in multiplayer, Souldbound meh, Miracle (garbage, confusing and cheatable). On the other hand the returning mechanic undying is cool, really hoping for some solid undying creature like the Vorapede

Hmm, Avancyn and Griselbrad already spoiled what else there is left......some random moonfolk/devil planeswalker?
Still no staple multiplayer uncs or commons have yet been spoiled, patience the spoiler season just started!

I'm not sure I'd say Restoration Angel is head and shoulders above Stonecloaker. There's obviously the difference between flicker and bounce to consider (she won't save anything from mass removal), but I'm also a big fan of Stonecloaker's graveyard removal. I'd say there a a whole lot of decks that would benefit from the Angel over Stonecloaker and she'll get the nod where the plan is to reuse ETB abilities, but she won't push him to the margins.

I like the interaction between Soulbound and Flicker. Soulbound isn't necessarily a great ability (it'll be fine as long as the creatures are worth something without it, but it's not looking amazing thus far), but the idea of switching the pairing to a different creature is cute.
I actually didn't want to name Stonecloaker as my example but I couldn't think of the names of any of the other cards lol. I only knew the Cloaker's name because I personally think that it's a good card. I realize that the cloaker will always be an awesome, instant speed answer to annoying reanimation effects and whatnot, and so it will always have a place a solid White trap spell. Still, I moreso trying to highlight the fact that this creature has a very big body and has an effect that's going to be stronger that a straight up bounce on average. It's a clear example of Wizards pushing the creature power curve, which is something that I like to see in colors such as White.
My guide to Black multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18893722?sdb=1&post_num=1#322195706 My guide to Red multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28999213/?sdb=1&post_num=1#517562879 My guide to White multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29011349/?sdb=1&pg=last#517773211 My guide to Green multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29034323/Tichs_Guide_to_Green_Multiplayer_Cards_and_Strategies
Miracle = another mechanic that is completely broken with a scroll rack in play.
Miracle... lol. Same as all of you, my opinion is it's a failed mechanic.

As you underlined Tich, they're gonna force you to cast it for it's ridiculously cheap miracle cost in sted of the normal. The example used: Banishing Stroke wich is a high cost white Boomerang like card, is pretty dumb. With the name miracle it would have been more fitting if the cards with it had normal cost and the lesser cost would be a last resort with a "price", like search your hand/library & graveyard for cards with the same name and exile them from the game.  That way you could still use the card normally without seriously handicapping your play and it would be the ace you still have up your sleeve.

Soulbond, another lol. At least banding allowed a big group. Pairing creatures may be an interesting concept but why would I want to make only a few creatures benefit bonus abilities ? If I have a choice between Wingcrafter and Levitation there is no doubt I'll take the later. Same goes if I can get all my creatures a  Serra's Blessing and other all-creatures-you-control benefit cards. The only abilities I like but wouldn't want on all my creatures are phasing & shadow because at some point it would leave me defenseless.

Add this to your red section: (warning spoiler)

Thunderous Wrath

Instant

Thunderous Wrath deals 5 damages to target creature or player.

Miracle

4 lucky draws, only costed 4 x and it's done, if it's there is no Lightning Bolt on top of that...

My decks, mostly casuals, but some I use online with some small changes: http://www.mtgvault.com/Profile.aspx?UserID=91484
I'm not reviewing cards that I personally consider to be worthless in every multiplayer format (as stated in the OP). Thunderous Wrath is strictly worse than Ember Shot and I would rather drink Tide than play it in a multiplayer deck. I refuse to utter a sentence about it.

With respect to Banishing Stroke, keep it mind that it ships the card to the BOTTOM of its owner's library. That alone makes it a potential EDH staple, since it gives White more outs to abusive generals. Since EDH is primarily a multiplayer format, I don't actually mind this particular card because I could see myself hardcasting it for 6 in that format. I realise that this isn't the EDH forums or anything, but I can't overlook the fact that you could legitimately play this card and be happy to cast it normally.
Some of the guys I know who love playing blue, and have their decks packed with library manipulation cards are gonna have a fit when they see the miracle mechanic.  
I can see cards like Noxious Revival making appearances in a lot of decks to take advantage of the Miracle mechanic.

(...sigh...)  
Some of the guys I know who love playing blue, and have their decks packed with library manipulation cards are gonna have a fit when they see the miracle mechanic.  
I can see cards like Noxious Revival making appearances in a lot of decks to take advantage of the Miracle mechanic.

(...sigh...)  

I don't have a problem with that at all personally. See, here's the thing. These cards aren't Time Walks or anything. Time Walk is so Godly because it's one card in your deck that requires ZERO support in order to do something absolutely broken. If someone wants to use a Brainstorm, Noxious Revival and Temporal Whatever to take an extra turn, I'm more than fine with that. Hell, you may as well play Time Warp at that point and save yourself the time and energy. What I predict happening is that people will fill their decks with all of those bad, conditional cards only to eventually realize that they don't have a deck that can actually win the game as a result. The deck will be all bark but no bite. You need to convert that extra turn into something meaningful after all, and I'm just not sure if these decks filled with Scroll Racks and whatnot can do that. I could be wrong, but like I said in the OP, I think that this will be the next Time Reversal in the sense that people won't realize just how useless the card is until they actually play with it. It's a bad card trying to ride the coat-tails of a select few good cards, but I don't think that that will cut it in the end. You still have to defeat all of your opponents, and I feel like the overall threat density of these types of decks will be so low that it just plain won't happen.
Wow that Killing Wave....and in black of all colors. Coming to every MP table near you!
Killing Wave, I have to agree that its really bad for duels, on other hand its another wrath variant for EDH, almost like a wrath.....
But yeah it goes really well with global drainstyle powered with your favorite manalands (Cabal Coffers/Cloudpost)!

Not so good spoiler day today, let's just hope that they haven't run out multiplayer goodies.
Here is what i like so far.

1.  Killing Wave like black needed another mass removal spell
2.  Avacyn, Angel of Hope there are so many ways to cheat her into play that it won't be fair to the opposition.
3.  Druid's Repository great in a weenie/token etc. decks to splash different colors
4.  Craterhoof Behemoth game ender for any token/elf/weenie etc. decks
5.  Griselbrand he's big  allows you to draw cards at the cost of life but very easy to remove
6.  Sigarda, Host of Herons

For the new mechanics.  Soulbound is a poorer verison of banding except you can only combine 2 creatures.  It will might work okay in a dual but mp not seeing it.  Miracle not alot to says about it.  It will get some abuse from blue mages from cards like Halimar Depths, Sage of Epityr and Sage Owl but miracle really doesn't impress me because the orginally cast cost sucks on them.

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

How to autocard

Most important rule in autocarding is make sure you spell the card correctly.

Single Card

[*c]Forest[*/c] minus * = Forest

Deck

[*deck]

16 Forest

2 strip mine

[*/deck]

minus * =

Card Nicknames [*c=Wrath of God]WoG[*/c] minus the * = WoG

Single Player Decks I'm currently playing

Assault of the Minotaurs

Lands
19 Mountain
4 Khalni Garden
1 Thawing Glaciers

Artifacts
4 Didgeridoo
4 Gorgon Flail
1 Konda's Banner
1 Tenza, Godo's Maul

Spells
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Adaptive Automaton
4 Anaba Ancestor
4 Minotaur Aggressor
4 Talruum Minotaur
4 Gorehorn Minotaurs
4 Lord of Shatterskull Pass
2 Tahngarth, Talruum Hero

Rapid infenction

Lands

18 Forest
1 Inkmoth Nexus
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
4 Glistener Elf
4 Necropede
4 Ichorclaw Myr

Spells
4 Rancor
4 Might of Old Krosa
4 Griant Growth
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Invigorate
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Apostle's Blessing

Use your Illusion

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Krovikan Mist
3 Phantom Warrior
3 Phantasmal Dragon
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Phantasmal Bear
4 Adaptive Automaton
3 Illusory Angel

Artifacts
2 Swiftfoot Boots

Spells
3 Sleep
4 Ponder
4 Muddle the Mixture

Goblin deck

Land

16 Mountain

4 Goblin Burrows

Spells
4 Goblin Grenade
4 Goblin War Strike
2 Brightstone Ritual
2 Quest for the Goblin Lord

Creatures
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Goblin Balloon Brigade
3 Goblin Guide
2 Warren Instigator
4 Goblin Wardriver
4 Goblin Matron
1 Goblin King
3 Goblin Chieftain
3 Goblin Warchief
1 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Krenko, Mob Boss

Look out the Land is Falling

Lands
4 Evoling Wilds
4 Terramorphic Expanse
7 Plains
9 Forest

Spells
3 Vines of Vastwood
4 Cultivate
3 Groundswell

Enchantments
4 Oblivion Ring

Artifacts
2 Adventuring Gear

Creatures
4 Steppe Lynx
4 Ruin Ghost
2 Baloth Woodcrasher
2 Rampaging Baloths
4 Emeria Angel
4 Vinelasher Kudzu

Ula's Deep Sea Drezins

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Inkwell Leviathan
3 Kraken Hatchling
3 Sage of Epityr
4 Stormtide Leviathan
2 Grozoth
3 Spiketail Hatchling
3 Cursecatcher

Enchantment
4 Quest for Ula's Temple

Spells
4 Preordain
4 Dizzy Spell
4 Clockspinning

Green Beatdown

Lands

18 Forest
4 Treetop Village

Spells
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Rancor
2 Might of Oaks

Creatures
4 Albino Troll
4 Groundbreaker
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Viridian Zealot
4 Pouncing Jaguar
4 Leatherback Baloth
3 River Boa
1 Mire Boa

Elemental Assault

Lands
16 Mountain
4 Teetering Peaks

Spells
4 Lightning bolt
3 Breaking Point
1 Warstorm Surge
4 Brute Force
4 Browbeat
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Ball Lightning
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Blistering Firecat
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Spark Elemental
2 Lightning Serpent

Death from the Sky

Land
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Azorius Chancery
4 Seaside Haven
5 Plains
5 Island

Creatures
4 Squadron Hawk
4 Soulcatcher
4 Judge's Familar
3 Augury Owl
3 Cloudreach Cavalry
3 Pride of Clouds
2 Emeria Angel
2 Aven Mimeomancer
1 God of Awe

Spells
4 Soulcatchers' Aerie
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Battle Screech
2 Airborne Raid

Stompy

Lands
18 Forest

Creatures
3 Garruk's Companion
3 Rogue Elephant
4 Silhana Ledgewalker
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
3 Pouncing Jaguar
3 Quirion Ranger
3 Shinen of Life's Roar

Spells
3 Groundswell
4 Rancor
3 Gather Courage
3 Briar Shield
3 Vines of Vastwood
3 Fog

Multi-Player Decks I'm currently Playing

Discard

Lands
22 Swamp

Spells
4 Innocent Blood
4 Mutilate
4 Sign in Blood

2 Syphon Mind
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor

Enchantments
4 Necrogen Mists
4 Bottomless Pit
4 Shrieking Affliction

Artifacts
4 Wheel of Torture
3 Ensnaring Bridge
3 Bottled Cloister

Everyone Burns

18 Mountain
2 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
2 Glacial Chasm
1 Shivan Gorge

Creatures
4 Aether Membrane

Artifacts
3 Sun Droplet

Enchantments
4 Quest for Pure Flame

Spells
4 Sizzle
4 Flame Rift
4 Browbeat
4 Flamebreak
4 Acidic Soil
3 Breaking Point
3 Breath of Darigaaz

Brewing a Storm

Lands
2 Glacial Chasm
3 Sunpetal Grove
3 Greypelt Refuge
4 Brushland
4 Forest
5 Plains

Spells
3 Wrath of God
2 Hurricane

Enchantment
2 Ghostly Prison
2 Titania's Song
2 Aura of Silence
2 Kismet
1 Fastbond

Artifacts
4 Fieldmist Borderpost
4 Storm Cauldron
4 Ankh of Mishra
2 Sun Droplet
1 Venser's Journal
2 Horn of Greed
4 Iron Maiden
4 Darksteel Ingot

Beast Gone Wild

Lands
3 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Contested Cliffs
4 Kazandu Refuge
4 Gruul Turf
1 Yavimaya Hollow
8 Forest

Creatures
4 Krosan Warchief
4 Wirewood Savage
3 Ravenous Baloth
3 Rampaging Baloths
2 Spearbreaker Behemoth
2 Mold Shambler
2 Terra Stomper
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
1 Gruul Ragebeast
1 Silklash Spider
1 Copperhoof Vorrac
1 Ursapine
1 Molder Slug
1 Protean Hulk

Enchantments
4 Wild Growth
2 Warstorm Surge
1 Spidersilk Armor

Planeswalker
2 Garruk, Primal Hunter

Elven Rythym Nation

Lands
14 Forest
2 Wirewood Lodge
1 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
3 Joraga Warcaller
2 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
4 Priest of Titania
2 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Imperious Perfect

Spells
1 Asceticism
2 Biorhythm
2 Hurricane
2 Eldrazi Monument

I want to drink your blood

Lands
18 Swamp
4 Leechridden Swamp
2 Cabal Coffers

Creatures
4 Pulse Tracker
3 Blood Artist
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Malakir Bloodwitch
3 Falkenrath Noble
2 Bloodline Keeper

Enchantments
3 Underworld Connections
1 No Mercy
1 Phyrexian Reclamation

Spells
4 Syphon Soul
4 Blood Tithe
3 Exsanguinate

Draw equals Pain

Land
1 Tolarian Academy
2 Sulfur Falls
4 Great Furnace
4 Seat of the Synod
1 Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
2 Deserted Temple
2 Reliquary Tower
3 Island
2 Mountain

Creatures
4 Swans of Bryn Argoll
2 Jace's Archivist
2 Kami of the Crescent Moon
4 Psychosis Crawler

Artifacts
4 Howling Mine
4 Iron Maiden
4 Ebony Owl Netsuke
1 Ivory Tower

Spells
4 Winds of Change
4 Molten Psyche
2 Copy Artifact
2 Sunder
2 Cyclonic Rift

Rainbow Sliver

Lands
4 Ancient Ziggurat
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Breeding Pool

Creatures
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
3 Winged Sliver
4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Homing Sliver
2 Heart Sliver
2 Acidic Sliver
1 Sliver Overlord
1 Essence Sliver
1 Necrotic Sliver
1 Harmonic Sliver
1 Brood Sliver
1 Shifting Sliver
1 Fury Sliver

Spells
3 Distant Melody
1 Creeping Renaissance

Artifacts
2 Door of Destinies

soldier

Lands
22 Plains
2 Emeria, Sky Ruin

Creatures
4 Veteran Swordsmith
4 Daru Warchief
3 Field Marshal
3 Knight-Captain of Eos
3 Captain of the Watch
3 Catapult Master
2 Loxodon Gatekeeper
2 Angel of Glory's Rise
2 Stormfront Riders
1 Darien, King of Kjeldor
1 Odric, Master Tactician

Spells
4 Skullclamp
2 Eldrazi Monument
1 Mobilization

Planeswalker
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Life Test

Lands
16 Plains
4 Kabira Crossroads
2 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1 Miren, the Moaing Well

Creatures
4 Wall of Reverence
2 Divinity of Pride
4 Serra Ascendant
4 Martyr of Sands
4 Kami of False Hope

Spells
2 Test of Endurance
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Beacon of Immortality
2 Fracturing Gust
3 Congregate
2 Well of Lost Dreams
2 Proclamation of Rebirth
4 Chastise
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Debtors' Knell

Planeswalker
1 Ajani Goldmane

Killing Wave, I have to agree that its really bad for duels, on other hand its another wrath variant for EDH, almost like a wrath.....

I have to disagree on this one. When you have 40 life to throw around then you can usually afford to toss a bunch of it away. It will never kill that 50/50 unblockable The Mimeoplasm, that Mikaeus, the Unhallowed whom is about to combo you out, that Zur the Enchanter,  etc. That basically makes it useless. People do broken things in EDH, and this will never prevent someone from doing it. By the time you could cast this thing for a "reasonable" amount, that is to say an amount that people might not pay, you could easily be playing Plague Wind, Dread Cacodemon, Reiver Demon, Decree of Pain, Life's Finale, etc. Killing Wave seems like it's going to be terrible in just about every format imaginable, which is what I love most about it. No one will want it for EDH, no one will want it for Standard (and if they do it won't be for very long) and so that means that it'll be a "trash rare" that can only really see play in Chaos multiplayer games in burn and/or drain decks. Sounds like my kind of card. My only real concern are the masses of... "gifted" kids who think that it's a good card that will herald the return of MBC. It's not going to be next Phyrexian Obliterator or anything, but I could easily see this card being bought and sold for ~$5.00 to people who don't understand how bad it really is in duels. Might have to wait for reality to sink in before I can grab them. Anything more than a $1.50 for a card like this is far too much, but I'm pretty sure that there's enough idiots out there who buy it for more thinking that MBC could come back.

As a side note, Temporal Mastery is officially pre-selling for $40.00. I can't wait to see Time Reversal 2.0 in action.

I kinda like the look of Killing Wave.  Any X spell that cheap to cast and work for a creatureless deck, and can completely hose a token deck sounds solid to me.  The full face art is nice too.  Is the full face art a promo, or is that how the final (normal) version will be?

As a side note, Temporal Mastery is officially pre-selling for $40.00. I can't wait to see Time Reversal 2.0 in action.

Ha ha!  I can see a lot of people being excited about it, but who would pay that?!?! 

All I know is that it was $25.00 yesterday and it's $40.00 today meaning that enough people were paying $25-35.00 for it to drive the price up.
Yeah you right about the Killing Wave, I, silly me.Undecided
But is the Temporal Mastery really that bad? It seems vey good with tutors and Brainstorm but, well what it help to accomplish?
Untap, card, land and attack, is that enough to commit 4 slots in yout build?
For multiplayer it doesn't seem to make it.
Yeah you right about the Killing Wave, I, silly me.
But is the Temporal Mastery really that bad? It seems vey good with tutors and Brainstorm but, well what it help to accomplish?
Untap, card, land and attack, is that enough to commit 4 slots in yout build?
For multiplayer it doesn't seem to make it.

I'm not disagreeing with you or anything, but I want to stress that this card is no where close to "4 slots in your deck." Time Walk is 1 slot in your deck. Period. You don't need other cards to make it work. You draw it, you put it in your hand, and you play it whenever you want for 2 mana. That's not what Temporal Mastery is. I keep seeing people talk about this card like it's anything other than a dead card if left unsupported. It's not. This card has 0 value if you're not casting it for its miracle cost. No one wants a 7 mana Time Warp. Hell, people don't even want a 5 mana Time Warp. Temporal Mastery is probably going to eat up at LEAST 12 slots in your deck for miscellaneous "whatevers" that can stack your deck. I don't see how a deck could have 12 "useless" slots and still figure to take down a table of worthy opponents. Yes, you'll get that extra turn, but your deck won't be able to convert that "advantage" into anything worthwhile. You're drawing into a bunch of mediocre "stack" effects that won't impact anyone at all.
Every Kaalia of the Vast deck (which is already common enough) is gonna run Griselbrand, Restoration Angel and Avacyn, Angel of Hope. Griselbrand I can see being worth a bit.

Re: Temporal Mastery
I'm not paying $40 for it, but if I open one I would use it in my Grimgrin, Corpse-Born commander deck. I wouldn't be sacrificing anything to run it, it already uses JTMS, Crystal Ball, SDT etc, and while I am digging for whatever I need, hey if I get Temporal Mastery, then I get another turn to dig for what I need. Worst case scenario, I discard it to Mind over Matter or hard cast it after saccing Gravecrawler to Ashnod's Altar a few times. Library manipulation is powerful, you wouldnt do all this just for Temporal Mastery, but if you are already doing it, its worth putting in.
Library manipulation is powerful, you wouldnt do all this just for Temporal Mastery, but if you are already doing it, its worth putting in.

My group is full of blue-fanboys who sit there moving their whatever for ages with all the scry, scroll rack etc effects. 
Just wake me up when it's not your turn anymore... yawn.  
I expect temporal mastery to be played in delver decks. Especially with ponder and Runechanter's Pike, it gives the ability to regain the board or sneak in an extra attack phase.

Also all the angels are going to make it difficult to choose what angels to play in my Kaalia EDH deck. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight is quite good  if i read it right she effectively becomes 10/10 flying, first strike. Griselbrand is almost a no-brainer, i mean; put into play tapped and attacking by Kaalia.

Soulbond seems a fun mechanic (not necessaraly good).

One of the cards with which i would make a new deck is Cloudshift, combined with act of aggression and traitorous blood. Perhaps even Restoration Angel, The only problem would be to speed the deck up a bit to make it more competitive in the current metagame.

Tamiyo, the Moon Sage looks pretty cool, but isn't her +1 ability a bit white?
In a tap-tap-tap deck this thing would be the nice.
Just imagine a deck full of Gideon's Lawkeeper, Gideon's Avenger, Vertigo Spawn & Sunblast Angel 
Or pop in Royal Assassin?

I really like the look of Harvester of SOuls.  Just so many ways to abuse that ability in black, I'm gonna HAVE to pick up some of these for my SAC deck. 
Tamiyo, the Moon Sage looks pretty cool, but isn't her +1 ability a bit white?

Frost Titan, Frost Breath, Ice Cage. It's a Blue "Ice" ability, so she's probably a Frost Mage of sorts. Ice Make Lance!

I really like the look of Harvester of SOuls.  Just so many ways to abuse that ability in black, I'm gonna HAVE to pick up some of these for my SAC deck. 

He's pre-selling for a dollar, so I'm buying my 4 with a big grin on my face. The card is absurd.
Descendants' Path is way too cool.  I have a eldrazi spawn token in play then bam Emrakul, the Aeons Torn on turn 3 game over.  this card will be nuts in any tribal deck. 

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

How to autocard

Single Card

Deck

[*deck]

16 Forest

2 strip mine

[*/deck]

minus * =

Assault of the Minotaurs

Lands
19 Mountain
4 Khalni Garden
1 Thawing Glaciers

Artifacts
4 Didgeridoo
4 Gorgon Flail
1 Konda's Banner
1 Tenza, Godo's Maul

Spells
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Adaptive Automaton
4 Anaba Ancestor
4 Minotaur Aggressor
4 Talruum Minotaur
4 Gorehorn Minotaurs

Rapid infenction

Lands

18 Forest
1 Inkmoth Nexus
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
4 Glistener Elf
4 Necropede
4 Ichorclaw Myr

Spells
4 Rancor
4 Might of Old Krosa
4 Griant Growth
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Invigorate
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Apostle's Blessing

Use your Illusion

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Krovikan Mist
3 Phantom Warrior
3 Phantasmal Dragon
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Phantasmal Bear
4 Adaptive Automaton
3 Illusory Angel

Artifacts
2 Swiftfoot Boots

Spells
3 Sleep
4 Ponder
4 Muddle the Mixture

Goblin deck

Land

16 Mountain

4 Goblin Burrows

Spells
4 Goblin Grenade
4 Goblin War Strike
2 Brightstone Ritual

Creatures
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Goblin Balloon Brigade
3 Goblin Guide
2 Warren Instigator
4 Goblin Wardriver
4 Goblin Matron
1 Goblin King
3 Goblin Chieftain
3 Goblin Warchief
1 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Krenko, Mob Boss

Lands
4 Evoling Wilds
4 Terramorphic Expanse
7 Plains
9 Forest

Spells
3 Vines of Vastwood
4 Cultivate
3 Groundswell

Enchantments
4 Oblivion Ring

Artifacts
2 Adventuring Gear

Creatures
4 Steppe Lynx
4 Ruin Ghost
2 Baloth Woodcrasher
2 Rampaging Baloths
4 Emeria Angel
4 Vinelasher Kudzu

Ula's Deep Sea Drezins

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Inkwell Leviathan
3 Kraken Hatchling
3 Sage of Epityr
4 Stormtide Leviathan
2 Grozoth
3 Spiketail Hatchling
3 Cursecatcher

Enchantment
4 Quest for Ula's Temple

Spells
4 Preordain
4 Dizzy Spell
4 Clockspinning

Green Beatdown

Lands

18 Forest
4 Treetop Village

Spells
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Rancor
2 Might of Oaks

Creatures
4 Albino Troll
4 Groundbreaker
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Viridian Zealot
4 Pouncing Jaguar
4 Leatherback Baloth
3 River Boa
1 Mire Boa

Elemental Assault

Lands
16 Mountain
4 Teetering Peaks

Spells
4 Lightning bolt
3 Breaking Point
1 Warstorm Surge
4 Brute Force
4 Browbeat
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Ball Lightning
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Blistering Firecat
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Spark Elemental
2 Lightning Serpent

Death from the Sky

Land
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Azorius Chancery
4 Seaside Haven
5 Plains
5 Island

Creatures
4 Squadron Hawk
4 Soulcatcher
4 Judge's Familar
3 Augury Owl
3 Cloudreach Cavalry
3 Pride of Clouds
2 Emeria Angel
2 Aven Mimeomancer
1 God of Awe

Spells
4 Soulcatchers' Aerie
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Battle Screech
2 Airborne Raid

Stompy

Lands
18 Forest

Creatures
3 Garruk's Companion
3 Rogue Elephant
4 Silhana Ledgewalker
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
3 Pouncing Jaguar
3 Quirion Ranger
3 Shinen of Life's Roar

Spells
3 Groundswell
4 Rancor
3 Gather Courage
3 Briar Shield
3 Vines of Vastwood
3 Fog

Discard

Lands
22 Swamp

Spells
4 Innocent Blood
4 Mutilate
4 Sign in Blood

2 Syphon Mind
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor

Enchantments
4 Necrogen Mists
4 Bottomless Pit
4 Shrieking Affliction

Artifacts
4 Wheel of Torture
3 Ensnaring Bridge
3 Bottled Cloister

Everyone Burns

18 Mountain
2 Glacial Chasm
1 Shivan Gorge

Creatures
4 Aether Membrane

Artifacts
3 Sun Droplet

Enchantments
4 Quest for Pure Flame

Spells
4 Sizzle
4 Flame Rift
4 Browbeat
4 Flamebreak
4 Acidic Soil
3 Breaking Point
3 Breath of Darigaaz

Brewing a Storm

Lands
2 Glacial Chasm
3 Sunpetal Grove
3 Greypelt Refuge
4 Brushland
4 Forest
5 Plains

Spells
3 Wrath of God
2 Hurricane

Enchantment
2 Ghostly Prison
2 Titania's Song
2 Aura of Silence
2 Kismet
1 Fastbond

Artifacts
4 Fieldmist Borderpost
4 Storm Cauldron
4 Ankh of Mishra
2 Sun Droplet
1 Venser's Journal
2 Horn of Greed
4 Iron Maiden
4 Darksteel Ingot

Beast Gone Wild

Lands
3 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Contested Cliffs
4 Kazandu Refuge
4 Gruul Turf
1 Yavimaya Hollow
8 Forest

Creatures
4 Krosan Warchief
4 Wirewood Savage
3 Ravenous Baloth
3 Rampaging Baloths
2 Spearbreaker Behemoth
2 Mold Shambler
2 Terra Stomper
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
1 Gruul Ragebeast
1 Silklash Spider
1 Copperhoof Vorrac
1 Ursapine
1 Molder Slug
1 Protean Hulk

Enchantments
4 Wild Growth
2 Warstorm Surge
1 Spidersilk Armor

Planeswalker
2 Garruk, Primal Hunter

Elven Rythym Nation

Lands
14 Forest
2 Wirewood Lodge
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
3 Joraga Warcaller
2 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
4 Priest of Titania
2 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Imperious Perfect

Spells
1 Asceticism
2 Biorhythm
2 Hurricane
2 Eldrazi Monument

Lands
18 Swamp
4 Leechridden Swamp
2 Cabal Coffers

Creatures
4 Pulse Tracker
3 Blood Artist
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Malakir Bloodwitch
3 Falkenrath Noble
2 Bloodline Keeper

Enchantments
3 Underworld Connections
1 No Mercy
1 Phyrexian Reclamation

Spells
4 Syphon Soul
4 Blood Tithe
3 Exsanguinate

Draw equals Pain

Land
1 Tolarian Academy
2 Sulfur Falls
4 Great Furnace
4 Seat of the Synod
2 Deserted Temple
2 Reliquary Tower
3 Island
2 Mountain

Creatures
4 Swans of Bryn Argoll
2 Jace's Archivist
4 Psychosis Crawler

Artifacts
4 Howling Mine
4 Iron Maiden
4 Ebony Owl Netsuke
1 Ivory Tower

Spells
4 Winds of Change
4 Molten Psyche
2 Copy Artifact
2 Sunder
2 Cyclonic Rift

Rainbow Sliver

Lands
4 Ancient Ziggurat
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Breeding Pool

Creatures
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
3 Winged Sliver
4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Homing Sliver
2 Heart Sliver
2 Acidic Sliver
1 Sliver Overlord
1 Essence Sliver
1 Necrotic Sliver
1 Harmonic Sliver
1 Brood Sliver
1 Shifting Sliver
1 Fury Sliver

Spells
3 Distant Melody
1 Creeping Renaissance

Artifacts
2 Door of Destinies

soldier

Lands
22 Plains
2 Emeria, Sky Ruin

Creatures
4 Veteran Swordsmith
4 Daru Warchief
3 Field Marshal
3 Knight-Captain of Eos
3 Captain of the Watch
3 Catapult Master
2 Loxodon Gatekeeper
2 Angel of Glory's Rise
2 Stormfront Riders

Spells
4 Skullclamp
2 Eldrazi Monument
1 Mobilization

Planeswalker
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Life Test

Lands
16 Plains
4 Kabira Crossroads
2 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1 Miren, the Moaing Well

Creatures
4 Wall of Reverence
2 Divinity of Pride
4 Serra Ascendant
4 Martyr of Sands
4 Kami of False Hope

Spells
2 Test of Endurance
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Beacon of Immortality
2 Fracturing Gust
3 Congregate
2 Well of Lost Dreams
4 Chastise
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Debtors' Knell

Planeswalker
1 Ajani Goldmane

Descendants' Path is way too cool.  I have a eldrazi spawn token in play then bam Emrakul, the Aeons Torn on turn 3 game over.  this card will be nuts in any tribal deck. 

Yikes.
Hello Ponder/Preordain - then we have a miracle after that......eek.  I see a nasty UG deck idea bubbling up. 
He's pre-selling for a dollar, so I'm buying my 4 with a big grin on my face. The card is absurd.

+1.
I think I'll enjoy this card.  :D

I just jumped on some Descendant's Path - not too sure what deck idea to run with as yet, but I'm sure it'll only go up in price.  
I know the miracle mechanic isn't the best but i would play this one Reforge the Soul in the right deck.  The 2 new planeswalkers Tamiyo, the Moon Sage and Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded do not really exited me.  Vexing Devil could see some action.  Angel of Jubilation is nice.  Built in Honor of the Pure and it stops black from sac stuff.

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

How to autocard

Single Card

Deck

[*deck]

16 Forest

2 strip mine

[*/deck]

minus * =

Assault of the Minotaurs

Lands
19 Mountain
4 Khalni Garden
1 Thawing Glaciers

Artifacts
4 Didgeridoo
4 Gorgon Flail
1 Konda's Banner
1 Tenza, Godo's Maul

Spells
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Adaptive Automaton
4 Anaba Ancestor
4 Minotaur Aggressor
4 Talruum Minotaur
4 Gorehorn Minotaurs

Rapid infenction

Lands

18 Forest
1 Inkmoth Nexus
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
4 Glistener Elf
4 Necropede
4 Ichorclaw Myr

Spells
4 Rancor
4 Might of Old Krosa
4 Griant Growth
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Invigorate
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Apostle's Blessing

Use your Illusion

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Krovikan Mist
3 Phantom Warrior
3 Phantasmal Dragon
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Phantasmal Bear
4 Adaptive Automaton
3 Illusory Angel

Artifacts
2 Swiftfoot Boots

Spells
3 Sleep
4 Ponder
4 Muddle the Mixture

Goblin deck

Land

16 Mountain

4 Goblin Burrows

Spells
4 Goblin Grenade
4 Goblin War Strike
2 Brightstone Ritual

Creatures
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Goblin Balloon Brigade
3 Goblin Guide
2 Warren Instigator
4 Goblin Wardriver
4 Goblin Matron
1 Goblin King
3 Goblin Chieftain
3 Goblin Warchief
1 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Krenko, Mob Boss

Lands
4 Evoling Wilds
4 Terramorphic Expanse
7 Plains
9 Forest

Spells
3 Vines of Vastwood
4 Cultivate
3 Groundswell

Enchantments
4 Oblivion Ring

Artifacts
2 Adventuring Gear

Creatures
4 Steppe Lynx
4 Ruin Ghost
2 Baloth Woodcrasher
2 Rampaging Baloths
4 Emeria Angel
4 Vinelasher Kudzu

Ula's Deep Sea Drezins

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Inkwell Leviathan
3 Kraken Hatchling
3 Sage of Epityr
4 Stormtide Leviathan
2 Grozoth
3 Spiketail Hatchling
3 Cursecatcher

Enchantment
4 Quest for Ula's Temple

Spells
4 Preordain
4 Dizzy Spell
4 Clockspinning

Green Beatdown

Lands

18 Forest
4 Treetop Village

Spells
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Rancor
2 Might of Oaks

Creatures
4 Albino Troll
4 Groundbreaker
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Viridian Zealot
4 Pouncing Jaguar
4 Leatherback Baloth
3 River Boa
1 Mire Boa

Elemental Assault

Lands
16 Mountain
4 Teetering Peaks

Spells
4 Lightning bolt
3 Breaking Point
1 Warstorm Surge
4 Brute Force
4 Browbeat
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Ball Lightning
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Blistering Firecat
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Spark Elemental
2 Lightning Serpent

Death from the Sky

Land
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Azorius Chancery
4 Seaside Haven
5 Plains
5 Island

Creatures
4 Squadron Hawk
4 Soulcatcher
4 Judge's Familar
3 Augury Owl
3 Cloudreach Cavalry
3 Pride of Clouds
2 Emeria Angel
2 Aven Mimeomancer
1 God of Awe

Spells
4 Soulcatchers' Aerie
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Battle Screech
2 Airborne Raid

Stompy

Lands
18 Forest

Creatures
3 Garruk's Companion
3 Rogue Elephant
4 Silhana Ledgewalker
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
3 Pouncing Jaguar
3 Quirion Ranger
3 Shinen of Life's Roar

Spells
3 Groundswell
4 Rancor
3 Gather Courage
3 Briar Shield
3 Vines of Vastwood
3 Fog

Discard

Lands
22 Swamp

Spells
4 Innocent Blood
4 Mutilate
4 Sign in Blood

2 Syphon Mind
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor

Enchantments
4 Necrogen Mists
4 Bottomless Pit
4 Shrieking Affliction

Artifacts
4 Wheel of Torture
3 Ensnaring Bridge
3 Bottled Cloister

Everyone Burns

18 Mountain
2 Glacial Chasm
1 Shivan Gorge

Creatures
4 Aether Membrane

Artifacts
3 Sun Droplet

Enchantments
4 Quest for Pure Flame

Spells
4 Sizzle
4 Flame Rift
4 Browbeat
4 Flamebreak
4 Acidic Soil
3 Breaking Point
3 Breath of Darigaaz

Brewing a Storm

Lands
2 Glacial Chasm
3 Sunpetal Grove
3 Greypelt Refuge
4 Brushland
4 Forest
5 Plains

Spells
3 Wrath of God
2 Hurricane

Enchantment
2 Ghostly Prison
2 Titania's Song
2 Aura of Silence
2 Kismet
1 Fastbond

Artifacts
4 Fieldmist Borderpost
4 Storm Cauldron
4 Ankh of Mishra
2 Sun Droplet
1 Venser's Journal
2 Horn of Greed
4 Iron Maiden
4 Darksteel Ingot

Beast Gone Wild

Lands
3 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Contested Cliffs
4 Kazandu Refuge
4 Gruul Turf
1 Yavimaya Hollow
8 Forest

Creatures
4 Krosan Warchief
4 Wirewood Savage
3 Ravenous Baloth
3 Rampaging Baloths
2 Spearbreaker Behemoth
2 Mold Shambler
2 Terra Stomper
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
1 Gruul Ragebeast
1 Silklash Spider
1 Copperhoof Vorrac
1 Ursapine
1 Molder Slug
1 Protean Hulk

Enchantments
4 Wild Growth
2 Warstorm Surge
1 Spidersilk Armor

Planeswalker
2 Garruk, Primal Hunter

Elven Rythym Nation

Lands
14 Forest
2 Wirewood Lodge
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
3 Joraga Warcaller
2 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
4 Priest of Titania
2 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Imperious Perfect

Spells
1 Asceticism
2 Biorhythm
2 Hurricane
2 Eldrazi Monument

Lands
18 Swamp
4 Leechridden Swamp
2 Cabal Coffers

Creatures
4 Pulse Tracker
3 Blood Artist
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Malakir Bloodwitch
3 Falkenrath Noble
2 Bloodline Keeper

Enchantments
3 Underworld Connections
1 No Mercy
1 Phyrexian Reclamation

Spells
4 Syphon Soul
4 Blood Tithe
3 Exsanguinate

Draw equals Pain

Land
1 Tolarian Academy
2 Sulfur Falls
4 Great Furnace
4 Seat of the Synod
2 Deserted Temple
2 Reliquary Tower
3 Island
2 Mountain

Creatures
4 Swans of Bryn Argoll
2 Jace's Archivist
4 Psychosis Crawler

Artifacts
4 Howling Mine
4 Iron Maiden
4 Ebony Owl Netsuke
1 Ivory Tower

Spells
4 Winds of Change
4 Molten Psyche
2 Copy Artifact
2 Sunder
2 Cyclonic Rift

Rainbow Sliver

Lands
4 Ancient Ziggurat
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Breeding Pool

Creatures
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
3 Winged Sliver
4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Homing Sliver
2 Heart Sliver
2 Acidic Sliver
1 Sliver Overlord
1 Essence Sliver
1 Necrotic Sliver
1 Harmonic Sliver
1 Brood Sliver
1 Shifting Sliver
1 Fury Sliver

Spells
3 Distant Melody
1 Creeping Renaissance

Artifacts
2 Door of Destinies

soldier

Lands
22 Plains
2 Emeria, Sky Ruin

Creatures
4 Veteran Swordsmith
4 Daru Warchief
3 Field Marshal
3 Knight-Captain of Eos
3 Captain of the Watch
3 Catapult Master
2 Loxodon Gatekeeper
2 Angel of Glory's Rise
2 Stormfront Riders

Spells
4 Skullclamp
2 Eldrazi Monument
1 Mobilization

Planeswalker
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Life Test

Lands
16 Plains
4 Kabira Crossroads
2 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1 Miren, the Moaing Well

Creatures
4 Wall of Reverence
2 Divinity of Pride
4 Serra Ascendant
4 Martyr of Sands
4 Kami of False Hope

Spells
2 Test of Endurance
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Beacon of Immortality
2 Fracturing Gust
3 Congregate
2 Well of Lost Dreams
4 Chastise
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Debtors' Knell

Planeswalker
1 Ajani Goldmane

Vexing Devil is such a great card. I'm surprised WotC allows it to exist. 1cmc for a 4/3 or 4 damage. In duels this card is AMAZING, it will see extensive MP play too I would bet. 
Miracle - sure makes Scroll Rack an even better card. 

The only card I saw in this set that really grabbed me was Arcane Melee, because there's just nothing else that does what this card does.  I've been looking at a lot of cost reducers lately in connection with making a deck featuring Sphinx-bone wand, and basically it's a 4-card combo deck, which is hard to pull off and sucks up a lot of deck slots assembling the combo pieces.  Arcane Melee looks like it might be a solution, although it is expensive to hard cast.
I like Reforge the Soul.  
My Underworld Dreams DRAW=PAIN deck can no doubt use some of these.  Seems a better option than Wheel of Fate.

How about that Cavern of Souls!? Great tribal land. Will find these in a number of decks I bet. 
Well Tamiyo, the Moon Sage will (assuming some generous stranger gives me a playset for free) find a home in my Clockspinning deck, as an alternative to Memory Crystal. That's a pretty niche area.
descent into madness looks very interesting.  This could find a home in my discard deck.  Angel of Glory's Rise is okay but specific in terms of what she get rid of  but in a  human or soldier deck being able to bring them back from the grave is huge. 

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

How to autocard

Single Card

Deck

[*deck]

16 Forest

2 strip mine

[*/deck]

minus * =

Assault of the Minotaurs

Lands
19 Mountain
4 Khalni Garden
1 Thawing Glaciers

Artifacts
4 Didgeridoo
4 Gorgon Flail
1 Konda's Banner
1 Tenza, Godo's Maul

Spells
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Adaptive Automaton
4 Anaba Ancestor
4 Minotaur Aggressor
4 Talruum Minotaur
4 Gorehorn Minotaurs

Rapid infenction

Lands

18 Forest
1 Inkmoth Nexus
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
4 Glistener Elf
4 Necropede
4 Ichorclaw Myr

Spells
4 Rancor
4 Might of Old Krosa
4 Griant Growth
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Invigorate
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Apostle's Blessing

Use your Illusion

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Krovikan Mist
3 Phantom Warrior
3 Phantasmal Dragon
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Phantasmal Bear
4 Adaptive Automaton
3 Illusory Angel

Artifacts
2 Swiftfoot Boots

Spells
3 Sleep
4 Ponder
4 Muddle the Mixture

Goblin deck

Land

16 Mountain

4 Goblin Burrows

Spells
4 Goblin Grenade
4 Goblin War Strike
2 Brightstone Ritual

Creatures
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Goblin Balloon Brigade
3 Goblin Guide
2 Warren Instigator
4 Goblin Wardriver
4 Goblin Matron
1 Goblin King
3 Goblin Chieftain
3 Goblin Warchief
1 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Krenko, Mob Boss

Lands
4 Evoling Wilds
4 Terramorphic Expanse
7 Plains
9 Forest

Spells
3 Vines of Vastwood
4 Cultivate
3 Groundswell

Enchantments
4 Oblivion Ring

Artifacts
2 Adventuring Gear

Creatures
4 Steppe Lynx
4 Ruin Ghost
2 Baloth Woodcrasher
2 Rampaging Baloths
4 Emeria Angel
4 Vinelasher Kudzu

Ula's Deep Sea Drezins

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Inkwell Leviathan
3 Kraken Hatchling
3 Sage of Epityr
4 Stormtide Leviathan
2 Grozoth
3 Spiketail Hatchling
3 Cursecatcher

Enchantment
4 Quest for Ula's Temple

Spells
4 Preordain
4 Dizzy Spell
4 Clockspinning

Green Beatdown

Lands

18 Forest
4 Treetop Village

Spells
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Rancor
2 Might of Oaks

Creatures
4 Albino Troll
4 Groundbreaker
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Viridian Zealot
4 Pouncing Jaguar
4 Leatherback Baloth
3 River Boa
1 Mire Boa

Elemental Assault

Lands
16 Mountain
4 Teetering Peaks

Spells
4 Lightning bolt
3 Breaking Point
1 Warstorm Surge
4 Brute Force
4 Browbeat
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Ball Lightning
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Blistering Firecat
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Spark Elemental
2 Lightning Serpent

Death from the Sky

Land
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Azorius Chancery
4 Seaside Haven
5 Plains
5 Island

Creatures
4 Squadron Hawk
4 Soulcatcher
4 Judge's Familar
3 Augury Owl
3 Cloudreach Cavalry
3 Pride of Clouds
2 Emeria Angel
2 Aven Mimeomancer
1 God of Awe

Spells
4 Soulcatchers' Aerie
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Battle Screech
2 Airborne Raid

Stompy

Lands
18 Forest

Creatures
3 Garruk's Companion
3 Rogue Elephant
4 Silhana Ledgewalker
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
3 Pouncing Jaguar
3 Quirion Ranger
3 Shinen of Life's Roar

Spells
3 Groundswell
4 Rancor
3 Gather Courage
3 Briar Shield
3 Vines of Vastwood
3 Fog

Discard

Lands
22 Swamp

Spells
4 Innocent Blood
4 Mutilate
4 Sign in Blood

2 Syphon Mind
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor

Enchantments
4 Necrogen Mists
4 Bottomless Pit
4 Shrieking Affliction

Artifacts
4 Wheel of Torture
3 Ensnaring Bridge
3 Bottled Cloister

Everyone Burns

18 Mountain
2 Glacial Chasm
1 Shivan Gorge

Creatures
4 Aether Membrane

Artifacts
3 Sun Droplet

Enchantments
4 Quest for Pure Flame

Spells
4 Sizzle
4 Flame Rift
4 Browbeat
4 Flamebreak
4 Acidic Soil
3 Breaking Point
3 Breath of Darigaaz

Brewing a Storm

Lands
2 Glacial Chasm
3 Sunpetal Grove
3 Greypelt Refuge
4 Brushland
4 Forest
5 Plains

Spells
3 Wrath of God
2 Hurricane

Enchantment
2 Ghostly Prison
2 Titania's Song
2 Aura of Silence
2 Kismet
1 Fastbond

Artifacts
4 Fieldmist Borderpost
4 Storm Cauldron
4 Ankh of Mishra
2 Sun Droplet
1 Venser's Journal
2 Horn of Greed
4 Iron Maiden
4 Darksteel Ingot

Beast Gone Wild

Lands
3 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Contested Cliffs
4 Kazandu Refuge
4 Gruul Turf
1 Yavimaya Hollow
8 Forest

Creatures
4 Krosan Warchief
4 Wirewood Savage
3 Ravenous Baloth
3 Rampaging Baloths
2 Spearbreaker Behemoth
2 Mold Shambler
2 Terra Stomper
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
1 Gruul Ragebeast
1 Silklash Spider
1 Copperhoof Vorrac
1 Ursapine
1 Molder Slug
1 Protean Hulk

Enchantments
4 Wild Growth
2 Warstorm Surge
1 Spidersilk Armor

Planeswalker
2 Garruk, Primal Hunter

Elven Rythym Nation

Lands
14 Forest
2 Wirewood Lodge
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
3 Joraga Warcaller
2 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
4 Priest of Titania
2 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Imperious Perfect

Spells
1 Asceticism
2 Biorhythm
2 Hurricane
2 Eldrazi Monument

Lands
18 Swamp
4 Leechridden Swamp
2 Cabal Coffers

Creatures
4 Pulse Tracker
3 Blood Artist
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Malakir Bloodwitch
3 Falkenrath Noble
2 Bloodline Keeper

Enchantments
3 Underworld Connections
1 No Mercy
1 Phyrexian Reclamation

Spells
4 Syphon Soul
4 Blood Tithe
3 Exsanguinate

Draw equals Pain

Land
1 Tolarian Academy
2 Sulfur Falls
4 Great Furnace
4 Seat of the Synod
2 Deserted Temple
2 Reliquary Tower
3 Island
2 Mountain

Creatures
4 Swans of Bryn Argoll
2 Jace's Archivist
4 Psychosis Crawler

Artifacts
4 Howling Mine
4 Iron Maiden
4 Ebony Owl Netsuke
1 Ivory Tower

Spells
4 Winds of Change
4 Molten Psyche
2 Copy Artifact
2 Sunder
2 Cyclonic Rift

Rainbow Sliver

Lands
4 Ancient Ziggurat
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Breeding Pool

Creatures
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
3 Winged Sliver
4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Homing Sliver
2 Heart Sliver
2 Acidic Sliver
1 Sliver Overlord
1 Essence Sliver
1 Necrotic Sliver
1 Harmonic Sliver
1 Brood Sliver
1 Shifting Sliver
1 Fury Sliver

Spells
3 Distant Melody
1 Creeping Renaissance

Artifacts
2 Door of Destinies

soldier

Lands
22 Plains
2 Emeria, Sky Ruin

Creatures
4 Veteran Swordsmith
4 Daru Warchief
3 Field Marshal
3 Knight-Captain of Eos
3 Captain of the Watch
3 Catapult Master
2 Loxodon Gatekeeper
2 Angel of Glory's Rise
2 Stormfront Riders

Spells
4 Skullclamp
2 Eldrazi Monument
1 Mobilization

Planeswalker
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Life Test

Lands
16 Plains
4 Kabira Crossroads
2 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1 Miren, the Moaing Well

Creatures
4 Wall of Reverence
2 Divinity of Pride
4 Serra Ascendant
4 Martyr of Sands
4 Kami of False Hope

Spells
2 Test of Endurance
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Beacon of Immortality
2 Fracturing Gust
3 Congregate
2 Well of Lost Dreams
4 Chastise
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Debtors' Knell

Planeswalker
1 Ajani Goldmane

descent into madness looks very interesting.  This could find a home in my discard deck.  Angel of Glory's Rise is okay but specific in terms of what she get rid of  but in a  human or soldier deck being able to bring them back from the grave is huge. 

Good points.
Both are pretty solid in the right deck - I hope all these spoiler's are a good indication of the strength of the set.  There seems to be a few I like so far, and despite the Miracle mechanic being flawed, I kinda like the idea so long as there are more miracle cards for things that are genuinely useful.

I think that they think that they need to introduce new mechanics for each set.  There are plenty of existing mechanics that seem underutilized.
So how 'bout that Primal Surge eh

Is there a deck that can play a singleton copy, search it up and then play out the entire deck with it? If there is, I guess that's the combo. If not, it's probably not going to do anything noticeable (in a broad sense, that is; it'll definitely be noticeable when played). Still not awful as a two-of in a ramp deck full of permanents.

Oh, and Misthollow Griffin is sort of neat. I can't think of a trick right now, but at some point I'll probably think 'Misthollow Griffin would fit in well here'.
So how 'bout that Primal Surge eh

Is there a deck that can play a singleton copy, search it up and then play out the entire deck with it? If there is, I guess that's the combo. If not, it's probably not going to do anything noticeable (in a broad sense, that is; it'll definitely be noticeable when played).

Like I said in my thread: Rune-Scarred Demon, Liliana Vess, Bringer of the Black Dawn and Planar Portal all come to mind. Sakura-Tribe Elder, Solemn Simulacrum, Oracle of Mul Daya and Frontier Guide all ramp you. Beyond that your deck just needs an Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and/or Concordant Crossroads to ensure that you win the moment it gets cast (more or less).

Still not awful as a two-of in a ramp deck full of permanents.

Yes it is. 1-of or bust.

Yes it is. 1-of or bust.

Really? It's not reliable, and it's not going to work as 'the combo' with more than one, but a card that reads 'play, on average, half your deck' still seems pretty good (unless you play it with Serpent Warriors). I wouldn't use more than a single copy if the deck's plan was to abuse it, and I'd still want to make sure I included a way to win the game the turn it was played so that the second copy wasn't a dead card (or at least something like Battlefield Scrounger to keep me from decking myself), but the effect is hardly Illusions of Grandeur-style narrow.

Yes it is. 1-of or bust.

Really? It's not reliable, and it's not going to work as 'the combo' with more than one, but a card that reads 'play, on average, half your deck' still seems pretty good (unless you play it with Serpent Warriors). I wouldn't use more than a single copy if the deck's plan was to abuse it, and I'd still want to make sure I included a way to win the game the turn it was played so that the second copy wasn't a dead card (or at least something like Battlefield Scrounger to keep me from decking myself), but the effect is hardly Illusions of Grandeur-style narrow.

I don't think you understand what it takes to be a man. Here, listen to this. Just mentally imagine everyone at your multiplayer games riding a horse and wearing one of those crazy hun hats while you play. That should clear up your confusion that you might have previously had on the subject. Anyways, get back to me after you've heard it ~30 times or so.

On a less serious note, I'm not sure if it'll be a very good "just because" card. Maybe if your meta slow and light on Wraths, it could be fine, but I'd be very afraid to play this card in decks that aren't looking to build around it. What happens if you walk 20+ creatures into a Wrath? Are you stone dead since you're out of threats? I realize that you could name a ton of ways to protect against that, but that at point you're already building around the card so you may as well commit to it. I don't like it as a "generic ramp spell" that you'll just randomly cast and hope that things turn out well. It feels like a card that's very powerful if you're willing to build around it, but unreliable and potentially dangerous otherwise. It's not as limited as Illusions of Grandeur, that much is certain, but it still feels weird trying to justify adding a 10 mana spell to your deck that may or may not have a worthwhile effect.

Holy ****. Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond. Going straight into my W/B Lifegain deck.
So far, here are the cards that interest me:

All of the angels (because I collect them.)
Cathar's Crusade (not only good in token decks, but it might see some action in spike decks.)
Arcane Melee (It interested me the moment I saw it. buyback costs like it, too.)
Killing wave (Completely bonkers.)
Vital Harvest (This card makes me want to put black back into my unblockable deck.)
Archwing Dragon (Comparable to viashino cutthroat, this would compliment my pandemonium deck.)
Reforge the soul (Absolutely great.)
Battle Hymn (I made a green version of this in YMtC, but dear god this card in a R/G token deck; keldon warlord, bravado, etc.)
Risky bet (For when burn decks peter out.)
Descendants' Path (This card is totally amazing, one of the best for multiplayer outta this set.)
Somberwald Sage (Probably the best mana dork I've seen in a while. Yay for beast decks!)
Ulvenwald Tracker (Green removal, 'nuff said.)
Rain of thorns (Since I usually play slow multiplayer games, this is great, but a little restrictive.)
Cavern of souls (Speed Racer couldn't chase this chase rare.)
Sanctuary of the Seraphim (I <3 the angel tribal!!!)

I'll just say right now that I am disappointed in the 'walkers. Even though they look cool from a flavor standpoint, their cards are pretty bad, or in the very least, not worth buying.
HOW TO AUTOCARD! When posting in a text box, type [c]Plains[/c] to make your post showPlains.
Are you making a casual mill deck? Please read.
Control is the key of a mill deck. You should free up your mana as much as possible so that you can respond to whatever your opponent is doing. Having some way to remove threats, both real and percieved, is necessary to survival. Real threats are those that are already on the field, and are something a simple unsummon or doom blade can remove. Percieved threats are those that aren't on the field, something a simple duress or counterspell can deal with. Controlling the board will allow your mill deck to continuously perform, if you use permanent style mill, that is. One-Shot Mill spells are something you should avoid. You can toss tome scours at your opponent until your hand runs out, but that isn't going to be enough to mill them to death. With 1-shot mill spells, like tome scour, you have to treat them like burn spells. Therefore, the only "good" 1-shot mill spells are sanity grinding (in the right deck) and mind funeral. Try to find more permanent styles of milling, like memory erosion, hedron crab, and curse of the bloody tome, so that you don't have to waste your mana each turn doing something that those permanents can do with a single mana/turn investment. Keeping your mana open allows you to respond with control elements. ​Traumatize Rant​. Traumatize is a terrible card for a multitude of reasons. First, it costs 5 to cast, which is a large investment for a mill deck. Milling half a library sounds neat, but if you do the math, it really isn't that much. An average 60 card deck starts with drawing 7 cards. Then, barring any draw spells on their end, or ramp on yours, 5 turns will go by, where they draw 5 more cards, leaving 48 in the deck. Unless they had a deck with more than 60 cards, or you ramped it out, the most you'll ever mill with a single Traumatize on turn 5 is 24 cards. That's not too shabby, but hang on, there's more! If they drew any additional cards or if they were milled before turn 5, that number will be much lower. In addition, any more Traumatize's you draw will only mill less and less as the game goes on...which is the point of a mill deck. My whole point on Traumatize is the it is NOT worth the 5 mana investment, not even with haunting echoes. You can mill more than 24 before turn 5...which you can then cast the echoes. If you look at a mill deck like a burn deck, you'll notice that it takes longer to win with mill than with burn. For example, lightning bolt costs 1 and does 3 out of the 20 damage needed to win (barring any lifegain or damage prevention). For mill, that same investment of 1 would have to mill 9 cards out of an average 60 card deck to be the equivilent of lightning bolt. The problem is that there is no mill card that can do that...except hedron crab, over a period of time. The initial investment of 1 will pay off in 3 more land drops to make the crab equal to a bolt. However, the crab nets you more mill beyond those 3 land drops, making it better as the game draws on. Other cards, like curse of the bloody tome, are excellent ways of milling an opponent because the initial investment of is all you have to pay in order to put your opponent on a clock. All you have to do is stay alive, which is the true goal of a mill strategy. There are other ideas for mill decks that are specific to certain types of strategies. Combo mill decks can mill an entire player's library out from under them. Secondary mill strategies are usually tied to another strategy, like drowner of secrets in a merfolk deck, or halimar excavator in an ally deck. Milling can be done in certain decks that are able to ramp out enough mana to make use of the higher costing mill spells, like using 16 post to pay for X on sands of delirium or for ambassador laquatus. Multiplayer mill decks are even tougher to build, but can be done. Being a slower environment, it is easier to ramp in multiplayer, allowing for big X spells, like mind grind, to be useful. Consuming aberration is another star player. The more straightforward strategy is to use mesmeric orb and dreamborn muse while being the only deck at the table that can deal with it. There are always new strategies coming out with each set, so check gatherer for any new mill cards that you find to be the most fun for you! Now you can say that you haven't fallen into the trap that most new players fall into when they build their first mill deck!
On a less serious note, I'm not sure if it'll be a very good "just because" card. Maybe if your meta slow and light on Wraths, it could be fine, but I'd be very afraid to play this card in decks that aren't looking to build around it. What happens if you walk 20+ creatures into a Wrath? Are you stone dead since you're out of threats? I realize that you could name a ton of ways to protect against that, but that at point you're already building around the card so you may as well commit to it. I don't like it as a "generic ramp spell" that you'll just randomly cast and hope that things turn out well. It feels like a card that's very powerful if you're willing to build around it, but unreliable and potentially dangerous otherwise. It's not as limited as Illusions of Grandeur, that much is certain, but it still feels weird trying to justify adding a 10 mana spell to your deck that may or may not have a worthwhile effect.

It's true that it's a big investment, and I don't think it's ever likely to be optimal, but I still don't think it would turn out dreadful. I'm not really worried about Wrath because I don't think Wrath protection in a creature deck is exactly going out of one's way (if Primal Surge fits in at all, the deck probably intends to play out more stuff than its opponents and ought to already contain something along the lines of Cauldron of Souls or Twilight Shepherd).

In other news, does anyone else think that Tibalt looks like an emergency gap-filler that's had to dip into unused D&D art? As far as I'm aware he's come from nowhere, doesn't really look like anything from Magic and is at a power level that seems carefully risk-averse.