[AVR-ICD] Wingcrafter

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wingcrafter -
Creature - Human Wizard
Soulbond
As long as Wingcrafter is paired with another creature, both creatures have flying.
1/1

Source: MTG Salvation

This is a neat little guy.  Too bad aggressive blue decks already have a flyer for .  :P
Let's nip this in the bud. It's soulBOND no "U" in there. Now that've been pedantic, I can see this guy being very good in WU decks, Pair him with Silverblade Paladin for some crazyfuntime.
Wingcrafter -
Creature - Human Wizard
Soulbound
As long as Wingcrafter is paired with another creature, both creatures have flying.
1/1

Source: MTG Salvation

This is a neat little guy.  Too bad aggressive blue decks already have a flyer for .  :P

Aggro decks tend to like 8 first trun plays.

I kinda want to build a soulbond deck. Ply this guy, turn 2 play, the paladin bonding to each other, joint assault. 14 damage flying at your face.
Three colors, but eh.

Over all if they continue to be this agressive soulbond will prove to be popular. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Could be a nice swingy card in draft late.  It's conditional psuedo kinda flying.  I still don't like this mechanic.
Soulbound is pretty cool
Seems ok hard to say how good it will be without seeing more of the set first.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

I might sideboard this bugger in a few control decks that need some tilt to push Titans through or tear apart tokens. It's cute, and a very neat design.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Let's nip this in the bud. It's soulBOND no "U" in there. Now that've been pedantic, I can see this guy being very good in WU decks, Pair him with Silverblade Paladin for some crazyfuntime.

Sorry bud.    I actually knew this.  I just was in a hurry and my World of Warcraft reflex took over.
Seems like a sweet card in draft. Thats about it though.
I don't think this will see constructed play in Delver as it is too situational and only a 1/1.  You wouldn't want to play this turn one so effectively its mana cost is at least and a 1/1 flyer that gives something else flying (assuming you have something else) isn't good enough in the current format.

This isn't really a first turn play without other soulbond creatures.  It'd have to come down AFTER Delver of Secrets, or else it's a terrible first-turn play.
Soulbond says "you may pair this creature with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield". This means you can play this on turn one, play any creature on turn 2 (say, an Accorder Paladin) and bond them together, and get swinging. Then if the pally dies but wingcrafter is still alive, you could bond a new creature to it later.
I don't think this will see constructed play in Delver as it is too situational and only a 1/1.  You wouldn't want to play this turn one so effectively its mana cost is at least and a 1/1 flyer that gives something else flying (assuming you have something else) isn't good enough in the current format.

Because a turn one Champion of the Parish and turn 2 this isn't a good couple.
And it cost , not . Pretty good for fast aggro deck, expecialy with the new set of one/two drop.

If a creature with Soulbond is paired with another creature, could one say that they are Soulbound then? Or would it be Soulbonded? Or just paired, which seems vagues since "paired" doesn't have any true rules context?

This isn't a bad card though, for what it does.
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.
I knew my Sun Titan decks would have to be W/U some day...
this seems like it has the potential to be quite good, at very least in draft.
Deceptively strong. The Standard metagame doesn't have any place for him right now, but he might see play as a one-mana Levitation post rotation.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

This isn't really a first turn play without other soulbond creatures.  It'd have to come down AFTER Delver of Secrets, or else it's a terrible first-turn play.

I can't think of a good blue 2 drop off the top of my head other than the unblockable hexproof, but flying is useless on him. Does soulbond target, I can't remember off the top of my head. So you may have a point
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Well I can certainly say it's better then Flight.
Soulbond seems like it could be good. Wotc took the liberty of negating any annoying 2 for 1's that it seems like this card would command.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
This has potential.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Pic!

Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
First Battle Mastery and now Flight. It seems they're taking simple Aura cards and putting them on creatures with soulbond to basically eliminate the inherent card disadvantage. I approve. I suspect we'll see similar forms for Reflexes, Primal Frenzy, and Gruesome Deformity. I'll love it if there's a black soulbond creature that gives them both undying. That would be one delicious mechanic soup.
Guys, this is a one drop. You can play this first turn and the next creature you play will allow you to activate wingcrafter's soulbond ability. Both will have flying. You don't even have to activate it then. You can wait until your sixth turn before activating its ability and drop a frost titan and give that flying instead. Then if the frost titan dies somehow, you can pair it to the next creature you play and give that flying.
Delver > This.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Guys, this is a one drop. You can play this first turn and the next creature you play will allow you to activate wingcrafter's soulbond ability. Both will have flying. You don't even have to activate it then. You can wait until your sixth turn before activating its ability and drop a frost titan and give that flying instead. Then if the frost titan dies somehow, you can pair it to the next creature you play and give that flying.

Yeah this ^

Just a very solid card, can't wait to try him out. 
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Going to put it in Grand Architect.  
Personally I'm not so impressed with the soulbond mechanic.  It seems like this little guy is basically jumping around saying "gutshot me after attackers are declared and you'll get to kill my buddy over there too".

It seems like one of those cards they print just to trick people into doing dumb things so that other people can feel superior when they trap them with a combat trick.

First Battle Mastery and now Flight. It seems they're taking simple Aura cards and putting them on creatures with soulbond to basically eliminate the inherent card disadvantage. I approve. I suspect we'll see similar forms for Reflexes, Primal Frenzy, and Gruesome Deformity. I'll love it if there's a black soulbond creature that gives them both undying. That would be one delicious mechanic soup.

There will be no black soulbond creatures. See MaRo's tumblr. Your other ideas seem likely.

[<o>]

There will be no black soulbond creatures. See MaRo's tumblr. Your other ideas seem likely.

Please be to linkage of tumblr.

Please be to linkage of tumblr.

Tumblr
I am SO in favor of this card.

its a GREAT turn one or turn anything drop. it will work perfectly in my U/G humans deck. T1 drop Wingcrafter, T2 drop a Mayor of Avabruck and before u know it i have flying werewolfs.

another great pairing is wingcrafter and Vexing Devil. I think people are down playing the power of Soulbond way too early. I will be sure to pick up 4 of these guys before they become a $1 a pop.    
Sign In to post comments