Sorcery {Mythic}
Take an extra turn after this one.
Exile Temporal Mastery.
Miracle
Ponder

No. No. No......

I don't even know what to say.
[c]BRAINSTORM[/C]

Waits for legacy and vintage to break more. Also maybe modern with some scry-y goodness
O.O  ......................speechless.
Omg! Get em while there cheap!

Which will be never.
First turn Delver, second turn ponder, stack this, draw snapcaster, third turn this....

How is this not broken?

What is this set, Urza's Saga part 2?
Finally, something from Innistrad block I actually care about. Almost the entire block would have been a bust for me until this.

Too bad Mystical Tutor isn't available in any formats I play. Guess I'll just have to stick to EDH.
Possibly the swingiest card ever? Swingier than Mindslaver even?
First turn Delver, second turn ponder, stack this, draw snapcaster, third turn this....

How is this not broken?

You exile it when you cast it, so Snapcaster isn't going grab it. Still, it's nutty.

More like get em while they're legal. Legacy crowd, you have about 2 months to enjoy this card before it is inevitably banned. Brainstorm, Ponder, Sensei's Top, Jace, Sylvan Library, there are more than enough ways to set this up quickly and reliably. No way is this not broken.

How is this not broken?

You exile it when you cast it, so Snapcaster isn't going grab it. Still, it's nutty.

Copy it, and flash snapcaster grabbing another twincast :D
Oh no you didn't wizards... card seems good Wink

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Jesus Christ.
Oh no you didn't wizards... card seems good

They reprinted Time Walk......even conditional thats wack. Especially blue.
This card is begging for an EOT casting of Vampiric Tutor.

How is this not broken?

I was meaning to snapcaster the ponder, and hope upon another of this to stack on the deck.
Wow that is crazy. I can see delver decks running the crap out of this.
Prediction: It will take one tournament cycle to get this banned in Modern.

IDK what they were thinking when they thought of this card. It's not like blue will have any trouble casting this for its miracle cost. There are 99 cards that can help you rig your top card and almost all of them cost less than 4.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Well my Riku deck is loving this. Why yes i will take 2 turns for four mana.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
As someone who plays blue, I've never been more disappointed by the words "with flashback" on Runic Repetition.

As someone who doesn't always play blue, I've never been more relieved by the words "with flashback" on Runic Repetition.
Goddamn. This is just bonkers.

Well, **** this. Looks like I won't be able to afford playing blue for a few blocks. 

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Too much of a swing for Standard, will likely carry the title of "most overhyped AVR card"- Just saying.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Goddamn. This is just bonkers.

Well, **** this. Looks like I won't be able to afford playing blue for a few blocks. 

IMO this isn't that good in a format where you can't manipulate the top of your deck. As such so long as Ponder doesn't get reprinted (and with Delver around I put that as likely already) this shouldn't be a huge problem in standard in a few months. The problem is the other formats. 
Definitely seems hard to imagine this isn't too powerful, at least in Legacy, where you can Brainstorm set this up as well as pitch it to Force.

In standard, I would run this as a one of.  You really don't want it in your opening hand, but you'll never be unhappy to draw it later in the game.  Perfect 1 of. 
Definitely seems hard to imagine this isn't too powerful, at least in Legacy, where you can Brainstorm set this up as well as pitch it to Force.

In standard, I would run this as a one of.  You really don't want it in your opening hand, but you'll never be unhappy to draw it later in the game.  Perfect 1 of.
This is clearly a clever plan to "justify" ban/restricting several staples in Vintage & Legacy.

"Hey, guys!  Instead of banning this one new card, we'll ban about a dozen cards that nobody seemed to have any serious problems with yesterday!"

See this is why I REALLY want to try R/U Delver. Between this, thunderous wrath, and faithless looting you have several cards you can hit with Miracle and if you draw them when you don't want you can just drop it to Looting. 

This is clearly a clever plan to "justify" ban/restricting several staples in Vintage & Legacy.

"Hey, guys!  Instead of banning this one new card, we'll ban about a dozen cards that nobody seemed to have any serious problems with yesterday!"

Yea, they've made it clear they will ban as few cards as possible. If this really is insane in older formats this will get the ax and not the cards the fuel it. 

Yea, they've made it clear they will ban as few cards as possible. If this really is insane in older formats this will get the ax and not the cards the fuel it.

Two months from now:
"These cards have all been on the verge of 'problematic' for years, and Temporal Mastery just puts them over-the-top.  So long, Orcish Spy!"

Let's look at this rationally for a bit to analyze what this does.

Time walk is great, but you first understand why it is great. If you play a control deck without any creatures out, this card will get you an extra land drop. That's it! You spend a draw step on this, so you don't get an extra card. You get an extra upkeep, combat phase and land drop. The land drop would be similar to mana accelerants like rampant growth. If you have little to no creatures, this card won't do that much, even if you miraculously draw it! Time walk is amazing in tempo-like decks with early creatures, totally game breaking if played in such a fashion.

However, there are some severe drawbacks to this card:
In standard, with naught but preordain to reliably manipulate the top of the library, actually drawing one of these cards in your first 7 will result in a near dead card. You could noxious revival it after discarding, but you'll have to warp your deck around it in such a way that you'd most likely rather play different cards instead (and it's exiled after casting, so no recurring). It's gets worse, as you can't actually play this card the first two turns (as you need to play it in the draw phase and haven't dropped a land). This means that for the first 9 cards you draw, if you draw this it is very subpar. If you get it with stuff on the board however, it's potentially amazing. You can generate extra tokens, get more loyalty on your planeswalkers, attack once more with your creatures... There's lots of stuff you can do with an extra turn, BUT YOU NEED A GOOD BOARD FIRST. Then it can swing the game in your favor. And I do agree, it would be amazing at that.

There's somewhat of a trade-off here. Drawing a snapcaster mage when you have a good board can net you removal or an extra burn spell for that turn, potentially killing someone. Arguably, this card is way more of a gameswing than that... However, a game of magic is usually determined in the first 9-10 turns. Before you can even cast this reliably, it takes 9 draws. So 50% of the time you see this, it's in your hand for 7 mana (which is still good, but by no means game breaking). I reckon the question will be what swings the most of games for you, this 50% of the time, or something else 100% of the time if drawn.

Now let's turn to legacy. It seems that cards like brainstorm, ponder, top and jayce would make this a very good card. However, decks that play these cards are control decks. How much does a control deck gain from a timewalk engineerd in this way? An extra land drop perhaps... If you already have control of the board a timewalk might win the game 'a turn' faster, but you probably will have won anyway. There's also the huge drawback that this card has to be the first one drawn this way. Card advantage like dark confidant will not synergize well with this.

Really the only decks in legacy I see this work well with are tempo based decks like RUG delver. You have the brainstorms to manipulate it, perhaps even the top to throw it around. You will most likely also have the creatures on the board (goyf, delver, goose) to make it worthwhile to cast the timewalk. As a bonus, it can be ditched for Force of Will, possibly replacing a card like stifle mainboard. I think it would be good in this matchup, but I doubt it'll be that insanely broken. You lose a bit of tempo when playing top to make it good, and you NEED a brainstorm in order to put the card on top of your deck (or you have to work recurring shenangans that your probably dont want). If you dont have a brainstorm, it's nothing but Force fodder. I think time will tell (no pun intended) if running a couple of these will be worth it in tempo based decks, or if the drawbacks are just too big/random. Remember: you could also have played any other card instead of this that will always be castable.

As a final mention: There is still a tutor in legacy that can tutor for this (to the top of the library): personal tutor. Running it would basically be: get an extra turn for 2 mana and 2 cards. In tempo decks I reckon this could be a great tradeoff, especially with other tutorable sorcery effects that are worthwhile playing (perish, flame rift, chain lightening to name a few). Especially when running top to get what you need!
Let's look at this rationally for a bit to analyze what this does.

Time walk is great, but you first understand why it is great. If you play a control deck without any creatures out, this card will get you an extra land drop. That's it! You spend a draw step on this, so you don't get an extra card. You get an extra upkeep, combat phase and land drop. The land drop would be similar to mana accelerants like rampant growth. If you have little to no creatures, this card won't do that much, even if you miraculously draw it! Time walk is amazing in tempo-like decks with early creatures, totally game breaking if played in such a fashion.

You forgot one: the extra untap step. After you spend two mana casting this, any other spells you play that turn (including card draw) are effectively free.
Too much of a swing for Standard, will likely carry the title of "most overhyped AVR card"- Just saying.

Yea, that is a strong posibility.

Two months from now:
"These cards have all been on the verge of 'problematic' for years, and Temporal Mastery just puts them over-the-top.  So long, Orcish Spy!"

Again if this breaks 10 other cards they are going to ban the cards that breaks them and not the things that get broken. It has been said the development is very nervous about this card so they will be keeping their eye on it for a while. 
*Rants about U/W using abusive cards like Pull from Eternity and ponder, preordain, the Top, and other cards so that it's effectively Time Walk being built around*
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Thanks, you are complete right!If you have more mana than the 2 to cast on the timewalk, and you have more cards in your hand than could be played with just the mana you have, this would help get that into play. It does not really undermine my short analysis I guess. If you are playing lots of counterspells or other reactive cards, that extra turn matters less. However, if you have a geist of saint traft and flipped delver in play, having a timewalk to swing in for the kill could net you the game. Let's not forget though that cards like Moment's peace, Tangle or burn spells also have some of that gamechanging power and are more reliable. That's the essence of my argument I guess.
Why does everyone think Miracle is broken with effects that look at the top of your library?

This is not Clash. The advantage you get from knowing the card is coming is minor at best.

Delver does NOT want to play this card. Skipping a turn to gain a turn is completely worthless, and this card is going to be dead basically 75% of the time they have it.

This card is useful for long-game Control decks, and pretty much noone else. 
Delver does NOT want to play this card. Skipping a turn to gain a turn is completely worthless, and this card is going to be dead basically 75% of the time they have it.

This is clearly overstatement:

You get to attack another time. If you have a couple aggressive creatures in play, this is very significant. It could easily be another 6 damage, or more.

You get to untap lands starting with your third. Play a Delver of Secrets, play a Vapor Snag, play a Ponder

If you have extra land in hand, you get another land drop. This makes you reach 4-5 mana plays like Geist of Saint Traft with Mana Leak mana up or play and equip Runechanter's Pike a turn sooner, which is never a bad thing.

All for completely free, since you get the card back and the mana back. That's not bad at all. When it's stuck in your hand as a useless 7-mana card, that's bad, I agree. But when you get to use it, you get a significant advantage.
I agree with indigo Delver doesn't want this card it's too hit or miss.
I'll be playing 1 or 2 of these in UB Control in standard I know that much.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

This is clearly overstatement:

You get to attack another time. If you have a couple aggressive creatures in play, this is very significant. It could easily be another 6 damage, or more.

You get to untap lands starting with your third. Play a Delver of Secrets, play a Vapor Snag, play a Ponder

If you have extra land in hand, you get another land drop. This makes you reach 4-5 mana plays like Geist of Saint Traft with Mana Leak mana up or play and equip Runechanter's Pike a turn sooner, which is never a bad thing.

All for completely free, since you get the card back and the mana back. That's not bad at all. When it's stuck in your hand as a useless 7-mana card, that's bad, I agree. But when you get to use it, you get a significant advantage.

Not in a tempo deck - if you draw this on your turn's draw, you HAVE to play it or it's dead for the entire game.

And since Delver decks are fundamentally tempo-oriented, they need to plan out their next few turns in advance. So while topdecking this is pretty bomby sometimes, if you get it early when you don't have an aggressive base set up, or when you're trying to negotiate a line of bouncing blockers etc, it can just be wasted.

And heaven forbid you cantrip into it with the 8-10 cantrips that you run, because that's a nice virtual card disadvantage right there. 

I don't know, it might take a miracle but R/U Delver might become a real deck after this thanks to looting. Plus we are getting the R/U land this set too so that might help the deck even more.

I don't know, it might take a miracle but R/U Delver might become a real deck after this thanks to looting. Plus we are getting the R/U land this set too so that might help the deck even more.

I was referring to the current U/W and Esper Delver decks but I can see how a U/R version might work with the card.

I don't think this is broken with Ponder-type effects. If you bring it to the top of your deck with Ponder, it was already going to come in the next few turns anyways.

Good with Brainstorm, though.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.