I made a sixty card deck need some advice.

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC!!!!!!!!
Anyone?
Way too many one ofs, first and foremost I'd recommend getting playsets of your more powerful spells, and cutting some bad cards one by one.  Oblivion Ring, Divination, Negate, and Preordain are the cards I would get 4 of first, they're cheap and effective in a wide variety of situations and decks. 

I would cut junk like Cache Raiders, Frost breath, Pacifism, and pretty much any of the multicolored creatures you have in there. 
Way too many one ofs, first and foremost I'd recommend getting playsets of your more powerful spells, and cutting some bad cards one by one.  Oblivion Ring, Divination, Negate, and Preordain are the cards I would get 4 of first, they're cheap and effective in a wide variety of situations and decks. 

I would cut junk like Cache Raiders, Frost breath, Pacifism, and pretty much any of the multicolored creatures you have in there. 

Thanks! I have a playset of orings and the reason that I don't put play sets of stuff in those decks cuz i'm still getting used to making sixty card deck cuz I come fron commander.
Bump!
Bump again, I need some help here!
I'm a bit confused. Are you still playing singleton? Have you added the playset of o-rings? Has your deck been changed since the original post?
I'm a bit confused. Are you still playing singleton? Have you added the playset of o-rings? Has your deck been changed since the original post?

Sorry, I will post the new deck list soon!
^ that might help us find what you're looking for exactly.
My decks, mostly casuals, but some I use online with some small changes: http://www.mtgvault.com/Profile.aspx?UserID=91484
This is my two cents worth:

venser only belongs in decks specifically made for him. Unless you're including loads of etb effects to abuse his blink, then he's not worth it.
Woot! Go RED! I love red! Red is awesome! Did I mention I love red?
those personality things
Suprisingly enough, in that test, I'm not red I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."
actually I'd say don't cut the wall of denial. in fact getting more of him would probably be good.
I see you used Venser's deck as a starting point.  It's better to start from the ground up, for me at least.  I generally just pile up cards as I'm going through the colors that I think will work and by the end of that I've got around 100-150 depending on the deck idea.  Eliminating card with high cost and mediocre profit is step number one.  Eliminating cards that don't work towards the deck but are cool is step number two.

Here is what I'd do.

Remove list:
Cryptic Annelid's only good if you plan to bounce him a lot.
Condemn. Control decks usually suffer from not being able to zero out opponents life totals, this card works against the deck.
Unsummon. Either add three more, or get rid of it alltogether.
Divination. It's nice for mana ramped blue green decks, not much else.
Windreaver is a cool card, not cool enough.
Sawtooth Loon has a cool ability but it doesn't help the control aspect.
Cache Raiders. Meh.  Would be nice if you had more creatures with ETB abilities but he wont see much use in this deck.
Venser, the Sojourner only works in decks especially built for him.
Bone to Ash. Having to leave 4 mana open to use it is not worth the card draw.
Pacifism controls but it needs to do something that helps you out a little more.
Elixer of Immortality is not really needed.
New Benalia's ability isn't worth waiting a turn to use it. Especially in a deck where it can take a few turns to get it really going.

Add List:
1 more Gideon Jura. Might as well.  His ability works well with control.
1 more Sun Titan. You need win condition and he gives it to you.
1 more Oblivion Ring. 3 is a good number for this.
2 more Spirit Mantle. More win condition when paired with Sun Titan.
1 more Wall of Denial. This card is amazing and should be the definition of control.
2 more Frost Beath. You've got a tapping theme going on, stick with it.
Add 2 Frost Titan. More tapping, and he is basically non-removable.
1 more Sigil of Sleep.  Good for the decks purpose.
2 more Negate. Either that or have 2 Counterspell and get rid of negate altogether.
1 more Mind Control. If you have one of these you may as well have two.
2 more Squadron Hawk. Either that or remove the two and put something with a better ETB ability such as 3 Fiend Hunters or 2 Kor Hookmasters.
Add 2 Journey to Nowhere. Good quick creature removal when you're in a pinch.
1 more Sejiri Refuge. Need more dual land.  I'd say add 2 Seachrome Coast but not everyone wants to blow 40 bucks on two cards.

That's all I can think of so far.  I'll be back with more later.

You are Red/Blue!

I see you used Venser's deck as a starting point.  It's better to start from the ground up, for me at least.  I generally just pile up cards as I'm going through the colors that I think will work and by the end of that I've got around 100-150 depending on the deck idea.  Eliminating card with high cost and mediocre profit is step number one.  Eliminating cards that don't work towards the deck but are cool is step number two.

Here is what I'd do.

Remove list:
Cryptic Annelid's only good if you plan to bounce him a lot.
Condemn. Control decks usually suffer from not being able to zero out opponents life totals, this card works against the deck.
Unsummon. Either add three more, or get rid of it alltogether.
Divination. It's nice for mana ramped blue green decks, not much else.
Windreaver is a cool card, not cool enough.
Sawtooth Loon has a cool ability but it doesn't help the control aspect.
Cache Raiders. Meh.  Would be nice if you had more creatures with ETB abilities but he wont see much use in this deck.
Venser, the Sojourner only works in decks especially built for him.
Bone to Ash. Having to leave 4 mana open to use it is not worth the card draw.
Pacifism controls but it needs to do something that helps you out a little more.
Elixer of Immortality is not really needed.
New Benalia's ability isn't worth waiting a turn to use it. Especially in a deck where it can take a few turns to get it really going.

Add List:
1 more Gideon Jura. Might as well.  His ability works well with control.
1 more Sun Titan. You need win condition and he gives it to you.
1 more Oblivion Ring. 3 is a good number for this.
2 more Spirit Mantle. More win condition when paired with Sun Titan.
1 more Wall of Denial. This card is amazing and should be the definition of control.
2 more Frost Beath. You've got a tapping theme going on, stick with it.
Add 2 Frost Titan. More tapping, and he is basically non-removable.
1 more Sigil of Sleep.  Good for the decks purpose.
2 more Negate. Either that or have 2 Counterspell and get rid of negate altogether.
1 more Mind Control. If you have one of these you may as well have two.
2 more Squadron Hawk. Either that or remove the two and put something with a better ETB ability such as 3 Fiend Hunters or 2 Kor Hookmasters.
Add 2 Journey to Nowhere. Good quick creature removal when you're in a pinch.
1 more Sejiri Refuge. Need more dual land.  I'd say add 2 Seachrome Coast but not everyone wants to blow 40 bucks on two cards.

That's all I can think of so far.  I'll be back with more later.

I put most of those in and took the take off list out. I'm just to lazy to put another deck list up but tommarow I will put one up. Too busy today
Sounds good, let us know how it plays if you use it between now and then too!

You are Red/Blue!

Sign In to post comments