Sports Thread

80 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
It would have been funny if he would have attacked his caddy.

He probably did afterward...behind the club house with his gap wedge.

Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
That was pretty mild for what the headline claims was a "meltdown".
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.

Yeah...John Daly does it better, and he is at the Masters (in the Hooters parking lot)

news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/06/john-daly-...
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
Baseball rules that top ten.

I like this one:

It's golf. It barely qualifies as a sport. If it wasn't because it's played outdoors and they have to walk from hole to hole, the players wouldn't break a sweat.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
That's not a meltdown.

Geeze.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXbHQtZH8dE

That is a meltdown. 
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Nascar is not a sport.

You are correct!

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Nascar is not a sport.

It's more of one than golf or soccer. :-p 

Also doesn't change the fact that was a meltdown... what Tiger did wasn't.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Meh. You can text and drink beer while drving. Not while playing golf.

Don't drink, drive and ride

Nascar is not a sport.

No it isn't. NASCAR is not a sport. It's a bunch of idiots driving around in a circle for 500 miles while a crowd of fat and drunk idiots with a 2nd grade education (if that) sit in the hot sun and get excited when the idiots driving make a left turn.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
That's not a meltdown.

Geeze.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXbHQtZH8dE

That is a meltdown. 

My step grandpa know bobby allison personaly.
MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC!!!!!!!!
Is he ralated to NASCAR? 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Yeah he used to race cars.
Nascar is not a sport.

No it isn't. NASCAR is not a sport. It's a bunch of idiots driving around in a circle for 500 miles while a crowd of fat and drunk idiots with a 2nd grade education (if that) sit in the hot sun and get excited when the idiots driving make a left turn.

Golf is a bunch of morons that couldn't hack it in real sports let alone driving in a circle (which by the way you have to train for. I'd like to see you drive at 200 mph, in 130 degree temperatures, at 1.15 G and see how well you hold up without wrecking the car, or just dying from a heat stroke). Seriously they swing a club, hit a ball, get in a golf cart driven by someone else and ride over.

They don't even sweat.. hell their competition isn't even actively trying to stop them from winning.

And soccer is as fake as Wrestling. 
Nascar is not a sport.

Golf is a bunch of morons that couldn't hack it in real sports let alone driving in a circle (which by the way you have to train for. I'd like to see you drive at 200 mph, in 130 degree temperatures, at 1.15 G and see how well you hold up without wrecking the car, or just dying from a heat stroke). Seriously they swing a club, hit a ball, get in a golf cart driven by someone else and ride over. 

They don't even sweat.. hell their competition isn't even actively trying to stop them from winning.

You are correct in that golf is not a sport either. In fact, I said so when I agreed with RM. As for NASCAR... there is a reason you have to get drunk while watching it.  

And soccer is as fake as Wrestling. 

I'm sure you would fail at both.
By the way, insulting soccer isn't going to bother me. You're going to try harder homie.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Golf is a bunch of morons...They don't even sweat.. hell their competition isn't even actively trying to stop them from winning. 

Golfers sweat plenty.  They have high maintenance wives to maintain, and strenuous fashion decisions to make. 

You don't have to be drunk... just awake at the wrong time of day with it being the literal only form of racing on tv at the moment.

Well I would try, but honestly as someone that lives in Florida, it's hard to find an insult that would be worse than having the sports teams you guys do. ;)  I mean hell your state is so bad you can't even find drivers "good" enough for Nascar :-p
You don't have to be drunk... just awake at the wrong time of day with it being the literal only form of racing on tv at the moment.

Unless your body has been paralyzed by aliens who are hell-bent on probing you, you should be able and extremely eager to change the channel.
 Well I would try, but honestly as someone that lives in Florida, it's hard to find an insult that would be worse than having the sports teams you guys do. ;)

The Heat are actually pretty good. As for the rest of them, meh... we're fair-weather fans. We make our sports teams earn their keep. Where you guys will support a bunch of losers and claim your love for the team, we only show support for teams that actually win. If you suck, don't expect us to pay to watch you fail. We can get the loser highlights on the news later on. ;)
 I mean hell your state is so bad you can't even find drivers "good" enough for Nascar :-p

We have plenty of dumb people in Florida. It takes a special kind of stupid to sit and watch a bunch of people in traffic continuously making left turns and getting tune ups and tire changes. It's like watching people go to work but never get there, and then go take their car to the mechanic.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Do you like NASCAR?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Seriously they swing a club, hit a ball, get in a golf cart driven by someone else and ride over.

Actually, except for the dude with one leg, the pros are required to walk.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Yeah... that's why you keep throwing money at them to build new stadiums, and let the GMs and owners pillage the funds ;)

draco: that just proves it's not a sport, even a criple can be competitive. 
Yeah... that's why you keep throwing money at them to build new stadiums, and let the GMs and owners pillage the funds ;)

No, that would be the politicians. Carlos Alvarez was the mayor at the time ofthat deal. He got recalled because of that deal, among other things. He gave an interview on NPR where he almost started to cry. 

draco: that just proves it's not a sport, even a criple can be competitive. 

Exactly! there is no way a paraplegic could sit in a car and drive in a circle.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
It's not a circle. It's an oval. Silly squirrel.
actually they can't. You need 2 feet to work a clutch :-p

Well jet he is a floridian squirrel... 

Doesn't make it any more of a sport.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
actually they can't. You need 2 feet to work a clutch :-p

Watch at 55 secs. www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3x9Zfe2MP4

Well jet he is a floridian squirrel... 

You shouldn't talk. We've been having this chat for how many posts now? You're a NASCAR fan, and you didn't even notice until Jet poited it out. ;)

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

That's true, but, if you're going to describe a non-sport, you should at least do so accurately. :P

That's true, but, if you're going to describe a non-sport, you should at least do so accurately. :P

Takes too much effort. 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
See that's the problem with you Floridians :-p

And that's why your teams suck ;) 

Do you like NASCAR?

Eh, It's okay but i'm not a guru about it. I like indie cars.
See that's the problem with you Floridians :-p

And that's why your teams suck ;) 

They suck because they just suck, but at least we don't continue to cheer for a bunch of losers like you guys do. :-p
Besides, the Heat are a pretty good team ;) 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Hey at least our teams actually Win games.
Besides, the Heat will choke as long as they have LBJ ;) 

"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?

Meh... it still gets everyone else angry that we got him. The Heat can troll in the NBA, what do you guys have?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Hey at least our teams actually Win games.

That's true, but we don't really care. We have other things we can do in Florida besides sit around and watch other people be active.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Meh... it still gets everyone else angry that we got him. The Heat can troll in the NBA, what do you guys have?

The defending World Series champion Cardinals.  The (more recent than the 'Fins) former Super Bowl champion Rams.  The playoff-bound Blues.
Admittedly, all Micha has are the Cats and NASCAR. 
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?

The defending World Series champion Cardinals.  The (more recent than the 'Fins) former Super Bowl champion Rams.  The playoff-bound Blues.

Hold on, I thought you were in like South Dakota, or Montana
Admittedly, all Micha has are the Cats and NASCAR. 

It explains why he defends it.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Sign In to post comments