Non-reprint core set cards

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there a way to make mtgo show me which cards in a core set is not a reprint?

Ideally I'd have a list of all cards that were created for m2010, a list of all cards created for m2011 etc, without any cards in it that were already printed before.
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.
If your goal is to dertermine which cards are not reprinted then you could do what I do. I open gatherer. Choose the appropriate set and choose output format: compact. Each card that only has for example only the M12 icon is unique.
I've always had to write software to figure out this sort of thing. Kind of annoying.
I spent the afternoon doing the following:

I wrote an xslt that would filter out reprints, given an xml file that contained all cards and sufficient info.

Then I used gatherer to obtain full card lists (in HTML ) for m10, m11 and m12.

Then did some 'scrubbing' to obtain a usable xml file. (This was the most work )

Results (per set per rarity) below; color is stored in such an odd way in gatherer output that I figured it wasn't worth the hassle. I may do that later but for my purposes the lists below suffice.

Magic 2010, Common (55)

Acolyte of Xathrid
Angel's Mercy
Berserkers of Blood Ridge
Blinding Mage
Borderland Ranger
Bountiful Harvest
Bramble Creeper
Burning Inquiry
Burst of Speed
Centaur Courser
Child of Night
Convincing Mirage
Deadly Recluse
Disentomb
Disorient
Divination
Divine Verdict
Doom Blade
Dread Warlock
Emerald Oryx
Entangling Vines
Essence Scatter
Fiery Hellhound
Glorious Charge
Griffin Sentinel
Ice Cage
Illusionary Servant
Jackal Familiar
Kelinore Bat
Lifelink
Mist Leopard
Oakenform
Palace Guard
Regenerate
Runeclaw Bear
Safe Passage
Seismic Strike
Serpent of the Endless Sea
Siege Mastodon
Sign in Blood
Silvercoat Lion
Solemn Offering
Soul Bleed
Stampeding Rhino
Stormfront Pegasus
Tome Scour
Vampire Aristocrat
Veteran Armorsmith
Veteran Swordsmith
Viashino Spearhunter
Wall of Faith
Warpath Ghoul
Yawning Fissure
Zephyr Sprite
Zombie Goliath

Magic 2010, Uncommon (21)

Acidic Slime
Act of Treason
Alluring Siren
Awakener Druid
Cudgel Troll
Elite Vanguard
Goblin Artillery
Gorgon Flail
Harm's Way
Howling Banshee
Inferno Elemental
Mind Control
Mold Adder
Nature's Spiral
Prized Unicorn
Rhox Pikemaster
Rise from the Grave
Sleep
Undead Slayer
Wall of Frost
Windstorm

Magic 2010, Rare (29)

Ant Queen
Capricious Efreet
Captain of the Watch
Cemetery Reaper
Djinn of Wishes
Dragonskull Summit
Drowned Catacomb
Elvish Archdruid
Gargoyle Castle
Glacial Fortress
Goblin Chieftain
Great Sable Stag
Guardian Seraph
Hive Mind
Honor of the Pure
Indestructibility
Kalonian Behemoth
Lightwielder Paladin
Lurking Predators
Magebane Armor
Magma Phoenix
Merfolk Sovereign
Mirror of Fate
Open the Vaults
Planar Cleansing
Rootbound Crag
Sanguine Bond
Silence
Sunpetal Grove

Magic 2010, Mythic (6)

Baneslayer Angel
Master of the Wild Hunt
Protean Hydra
Sphinx Ambassador
Vampire Nocturnus
Xathrid Demon

Magic 2011, Common (45)

Aether Adept
Ajani's Mantra
Arc Runner
Armored Cancrix
Assault Griffin
Augury Owl
Barony Vampire
Blood Tithe
Bloodcrazed Goblin
Brindle Boar
Cloud Crusader
Cultivate
Diminish
Dryad's Favor
Garruk's Companion
Greater Basilisk
Harbor Serpent
Hornet Sting
Hunters' Feast
Incite
Inspired Charge
Jace's Erasure
Liliana's Specter
Manic Vandal
Maritime Guard
Merfolk Spy
Mighty Leap
Nether Horror
Nightwing Shade
Phantom Beast
Preordain
Primal Cocoon
Pyretic Ritual
Quag Sickness
Rotting Legion
Sacred Wolf
Scroll Thief
Squadron Hawk
Stabbing Pain
Sylvan Ranger
Thunder Strike
Tireless Missionaries
Viscera Seer
Volcanic Strength
Wall of Vines

Magic 2011, Uncommon (21)

Air Servant
Ajani's Pridemate
Autumn's Veil
Back to Nature
Call to Mind
Chandra's Spitfire
Combust
Crystal Ball
Earth Servant
Elixir of Immortality
Ember Hauler
Fire Servant
Gargoyle Sentinel
Garruk's Packleader
Jace's Ingenuity
Liliana's Caress
Roc Egg
Stone Golem
War Priest of Thune
Warlord's Axe
Water Servant

Magic 2011, Rare (31)

Ancient Hellkite
Angelic Arbiter
Brittle Effigy
Captivating Vampire
Conundrum Sphinx
Cyclops Gladiator
Dark Tutelage
Destructive Force
Fauna Shaman
Hoarding Dragon
Knight Exemplar
Leyline of Anticipation
Leyline of Punishment
Leyline of Sanctity
Leyline of Vitality
Mass Polymorph
Mitotic Slime
Mystifying Maze
Necrotic Plague
Obstinate Baloth
Overwhelming Stampede
Phylactery Lich
Redirect
Reverberate
Serra Ascendant
Steel Overseer
Stormtide Leviathan
Sword of Vengeance
Temple Bell
Vengeful Archon
Wild Evocation

Magic 2011, Mythic (8)

Demon of Death's Gate
Frost Titan
Gaea's Revenge
Grave Titan
Inferno Titan
Primeval Titan
Sun Titan
Time Reversal

Magic 2012, Common (38)

Amphin Cutthroat
Arachnus Web
Armored Warhorse
Aven Fleetwing
Benalish Veteran
Blood Ogre
Bloodrage Vampire
Bonebreaker Giant
Chasm Drake
Dark Favor
Devouring Swarm
Divine Favor
Drifting Shade
Duskhunter Bat
Frost Breath
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Gladecover Scout
Goblin Fireslinger
Gorehorn Minotaurs
Griffin Rider
Guardians' Pledge
Hideous Visage
Lurking Crocodile
Manalith
Merfolk Mesmerist
Peregrine Griffin
Phantasmal Bear
Pride Guardian
Skywinder Drake
Sorin's Thirst
Stave Off
Stonehorn Dignitary
Taste of Blood
Titanic Growth
Tormented Soul
Trollhide
Wall of Torches
Wring Flesh

Magic 2012, Uncommon (27)

Alabaster Mage
Arbalest Elite
Azure Mage
Buried Ruin
Carnage Wurm
Circle of Flame
Crimson Mage
Crown of Empires
Crumbling Colossus
Goblin Bangchuckers
Greatsword
Hunter's Insight
Jade Mage
Kite Shield
Master Thief
Onyx Mage
Phantasmal Dragon
Rusted Sentinel
Scepter of Empires
Spirit Mantle
Stingerfling Spider
Stormblood Berserker
Swiftfoot Boots
Tectonic Rift
Timely Reinforcements
Turn to Frog
Vampire Outcasts

Magic 2012, Rare (26)

Adaptive Automaton
Aegis Angel
Arachnus Spinner
Chandra's Phoenix
Doubling Chant
Druidic Satchel
Dungrove Elder
Garruk's Horde
Gideon's Avenger
Grand Abolisher
Jace's Archivist
Lord of the Unreal
Mind Unbound
Monomania
Personal Sanctuary
Phantasmal Image
Rune-Scarred Demon
Scrambleverse
Skinshifter
Sorin's Vengeance
Sphinx of Uthuun
Sundial of the Infinite
Throne of Empires
Vengeful Pharaoh
Visions of Beyond
Warstorm Surge

Magic 2012, Mythic (7)

Angelic Destiny
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
Chandra, the Firebrand
Furyborn Hellkite
Garruk, Primal Hunter
Jace, Memory Adept
Primordial Hydra
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.

When I want a full card list, I use MTGO. I select the set in my collection and chose quantity ">=0" and export as CSV.

When I want a full card list, I use MTGO. I select the set in my collection and chose quantity ">=0" and export as CSV.

Either way some postprocessing is needed to actually obtain XML; but yes, if I was merely interested in having the list of cards for a set I would use MTGO. The important difference however is that the gatherer output includes a list of "printings" for each card, which means that the gatherer output of m10 suffices to decide whether an m10 card is a reprint or not. From MTGO I'd have to download all earlier cardlists to decide.

One of the surprising things I found out this way, for instance, is that Sorcerer's Strongbox is technically a reprint in m11, since it was first released in archenemy (but of course on MTGO it is first printed in m11); also, in MTGO Weakness and Jump are first printed in m10, since pre-7th core sets are unavailable.
Free Speech
I guess it could be useful for 'minimalist collectors' if I did this for the master's sets too?
Free Speech
I'm not so much interested in whether or not a M10 card is a reprint as much as I am concerned knowning what I'm missing for my playsets. I use the MTGO CSV to get a full list of (non-hidden) cards that exist and another CSV of what's in my collection. The script I use to determine what I need includes prioritization by "set". That is, if a card is only available in 7ED and M10, it alerts me if I am missing any 7ED versions of that card. If a card is only available in M11, it will tell me to get M11 versions.

If I wanted to know all the online sets that a card appeared in, parsing a CSV with perl is much easier for me than parsing Gatherer output.
Perl, oh poor man. Next thing you'll be 'upgrading' to python
Free Speech
Perl, oh poor man. Next thing you'll be 'upgrading' to python

What's wrong with Perl and Python?

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
What's wrong with Perl and Python?

As far as I know, nothing with the former. Isn't the later for those for which Perl is too difficult?